Joe Dogs
    Joe Dogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

MGM Mirage takes a bath on USC-Utah

The MGM Mirage took a beating on the USC-Utah tilt this past Saturday night,as I suspect most books did.
    A supervisor for the sports book said''It cost us huge when initial touchdown was waved off,we needed USC to cover the 8.5,that killed us".Then two hours latter,the score was allowed.The supervisor stated"You cant take back the money you already paid out.The MGM Mirage sports book had to pay out twice.The damage to the sports book was said to be in the high six figure range.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Unreal

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

very odd, you only see this kind of thing maybe once every 5 years

stuntin909
    stuntin909's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

what exactly happened? didn't watch the game

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by stuntin909 View Post
    what exactly happened? didn't watch the game
    USC blocked a FG at the end of the game and took it back for a TD that made them cover the spread, but officials wrongly called it a non score because of a celebration penalty. Confusing but bottom line is USC won by 9 according to the Pac 12

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Pac12 office should have just left this alone. It wasnt going to affect the outcome of the game.

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

They were trying to fix it but the Pres. had USC so they changed it LMAO

Joe Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by ehp6737 View Post
    Pac12 office should have just left this alone. It wasnt going to affect the outcome of the game.
    Agreed......I don't get it.

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

PAC 12 had $ on the game obv.

qsilver335
    qsilver335's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Sports betting is how the Pac 12 pays the bills, lol.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

reminds me of a few years ago when i (and many others) got totally fukked on the SD chargers/Pitt steelers game where polamalu returned the last kickoff for a TD on a fumble recovery and the refs signaled TD and the game was over. but then after 0:00 and the players were already in the locker room, the TD was taken off the scoreboard b/c the refs said there was some kind of penalty and it ended up being counted as 11-10 steelers win instead of 18-10 when the line was pitt -5. after the game the refs said there was never any penalty and that they made a "phantom" call to disallow the touchdown

hornsrgrt
    hornsrgrt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
    reminds me of a few years ago when i (and many others) got totally fukked on the SD chargers/Pitt steelers game where polamalu returned the last kickoff for a TD on a fumble recovery and the refs signaled TD and the game was over. but then after 0:00 and the players were already in the locker room, the TD was taken off the scoreboard b/c the refs said there was some kind of penalty and it ended up being counted as 11-10 steelers win instead of 18-10 when the line was pitt -5. after the game the refs said there was never any penalty and that they made a "phantom" call to disallow the touchdown
    same thing happened in UCLA - Texas A&m in college hoops during the tourney a few years ago....funny how it was the PAC 10 involved again....how close are they to Vegas?

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its the MGM's own fault... other books have it stated in their rules that they do not take into consideration overturns, all rulings are final. Therefore if they would have had this in their rules, they would have only had to pay out the one side, not both. You would think a business that makes as much as they do would protect themselves better in spots like this, dumb if you ask me.

Joe Dogs

Something very fishy going on,for the Pack 12 to come in 2 hours after the game,and award USC a T.D. that was waved off,during the game.

Apparently it mattered to the Pack 12,that the Trojans win the game by 9 and not 3.