SaintsFan
    SaintsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Be wary of Bears +7 at Saints

Unless you get this game at +7.5 or higher I'd stay away. This is just a warning. The Saints and their fans are going to treat this game like the Super Bowl. Lots of bad blood in that the Saints are 0-3 against Chicago in the Brees/Payton era.

I scalp Saints tickets - have dozens of upper level season tickets, and demand for this game has been as high as it was for the Vikings Thursday night opener last year where the Super Bowl banner was dropped.

I'm not saying that the Bears won't cover +7, I'm just saying that this is a game that the Saints have had circled on their calender since the schedule came out, and that if Brees, Gregg Williams, and Sean Payton bringing their A+ games doesn't scare you you are a pretty brave fella.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

nonsense

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

bears defense is way too good to allow a blowout

SaintsFan

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    bears defense is way too good to allow a blowout
    Would you say this if the Bears were playing the Packers at Lambeau? Because if not for the Colston fumble and the two failed 4th and 1 plays, the Saints would have won that game in Lambeau straight up.

I'm not crying over spilled milk, I'm point out that football-wise the Saints matched the Packers drive for drive IN Green Bay. And I don't think the Bears have the offensive weapons to exploit the Saints defense in the manner that Aaron Rodgers did.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

be wary of someone named "saintsfan" commenting on anything to do with a saints game.

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

This homer shit is nonsense, take it to a Saints fan forum. I am pretty sure how many upper decker tickets you scalp is not going to effect the outcome of the game.

Unless you peaked into Payton's office at and caught a glimpse of his Poodles of the World calendar and saw a cliche circle around the 18th you have no clue.

No game is treated like a Superbowl, other than the Superbowl, especially not some Week 2 match up against a non-divisional opponent.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    nonsense
    You like Chicago here Brock?

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2197

Quote Originally Posted by SaintsFan View Post
    Would you say this if the Bears were playing the Packers at Lambeau? Because if not for the Colston fumble and the two failed 4th and 1 plays, the Saints would have won that game in Lambeau straight up.

I'm not crying over spilled milk, I'm point out that football-wise the Saints matched the Packers drive for drive IN Green Bay. And I don't think the Bears have the offensive weapons to exploit the Saints defense in the manner that Aaron Rodgers did.
    Bears played them in Lambeau 9 months ago. The game was meaningless to the Bears while the Packers playoff lives were on the line. Packers never held a lead until the 4th quarter. All 3 games vs the Packers last year were decided by 7 points or less. I also can't recall the Bears defense playing as good as they did yesterday at any point last year.

SaintsFan

Quote Originally Posted by DeluxeLiner View Post
    This homer shit is nonsense, take it to a Saints fan forum. I am pretty sure how many upper decker tickets you scalp is not going to effect the outcome of the game.

Unless you peaked into Payton's office at and caught a glimpse of his Poodles of the World calendar and saw a cliche circle around the 18th you have no clue.

No game is treated like a Superbowl, other than the Superbowl, especially not some Week 2 match up against a non-divisional opponent.
    Says the guy whose team just got skullfukked by an avalanche of emotion and hype.

Last edited by SaintsFan; 09-12-11 at 01:14 PM.

SaintsFan

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Bears played them in Lambeau 9 months ago. The game was meaningless to the Bears while the Packers playoff lives were on the line. Packers never held a lead until the 4th quarter. All 3 games vs the Packers last year were decided by 7 points or less. I also can't recall the Bears defense playing as good as they did yesterday at any point last year.
    Packers aren't a cold weather team. They'd thrash the Bears in temperate weather.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Packers aren't a cold weather team. They'd thrash the Bears in temperate weather.
    Should be temperate in 2 weeks when they face. Let's see what happens.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    You like Chicago here Brock?
    yep +7

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

This wouldn't be the same Saints guy who lost a few grand on the Saints ML against the Packers would it?

SaintsFan

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post
    This wouldn't be the same Saints guy who lost a few grand on the Saints ML against the Packers would it?
    Yeah it would. And I'll be happy to compare our respective balances any time you'd like.

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Says the guy who'd team just got skullfukked by an avalanche of emotion and hype.

I like Kiesels epic beard, doesn't make me a Steelers fan. Ironically, I actually had the Ravens this weekend. I am a punter not a homer...lol way to get me though

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Seems strange that they would circle a Week 2 non-div opponent. Anyway, should NO backers be worried if Moore and Colston are both out? Top 2 receivers. That's gotta create some depth and timing issues. Bears D-Line opened a lot of eyes this weekend. We know Julius Freaking Peppers, we know Idonoje is good, but all of a sudden the Bears look like they have some monsters in the middle with Melton and Okoye. If they can get fast pressure on Brees, mistakes will be made.

I don't doubt that the Saints want this game, of course they don't want to fall 0-2, but I certainly wouldn't lay 7 (or -300 ML) on it. Even if they fall 0-2, their next 7 games look pretty winnable. They would lose here and still be 6-3 down the road. Be nice if they lose to set up some nice value on them going forward.

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2197

They faced each other in 60 degree weather last year. Bears won.

jonal
    jonal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2195

Unless you get this game at +7.5 or higher I'd stay away. This is just a warning. The Saints and their fans are going to treat this game like the Super Bowl. Lots of bad blood in that the Saints are 0-3 against Chicago in the Brees/Payton era.

I scalp Saints tickets - have dozens of upper level season tickets, and demand for this game has been as high as it was for the Vikings Thursday night opener last year where the Super Bowl banner was dropped.

I'm not saying that the Bears won't cover +7, I'm just saying that this is a game that the Saints have had circled on their calender since the schedule came out, and that if Brees, Gregg Williams, and Sean Payton bringing their A+ games doesn't scare you you are a pretty brave fella.
    SaintFan,

Just say it, just say that 4 letter word that begins with "l"

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

yep +7
    This is all I needed to know

SaintsFan

I'm done with this thread until Sunday at 3:15. This is the most public of public lines. Stay away and GL.

P.S. the Packers weren't the "Packers" early last season. They should beat the Bears in good weather this year.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm done with this thread until Sunday at 3:15. This is the most public of public lines. Stay away and GL.

P.S. the Packers weren't the "Packers" early last season. They should beat the Bears in good weather this year.
    But maybe the Packers aren't the Packers early this season either. How do we know? I know the Packers were 2-0 last season when they played.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

this clown drops 3000 on tennis then 3200 on saints ml but is giving out advice like he's billy f'n walters?

pretty sure this clown is kerrywood...... even his butt boyfriend brahmabullshit is making a cameo in his thread trying to start another one of his fake wrestling feuds where they're clobbering each other with chairs only to team up later to try and beat the bookie.

SaintsFan

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    this clown drops 3000 on tennis then 3200 on saints ml but is giving out advice like he's billy f'n walters?

pretty sure this clown is kerrywood...... even his butt boyfriend brahmabullshit is making a cameo in his thread trying to start another one of his fake wrestling feuds where they're clobbering each other with chairs only to team up later to try and beat the bookie.

Yeah that's right. Just keep slobbering on LakerBoyz' knob as he bats an astounding .212 with his posted underdog plays for 2 and 3 dimes each. At least they look cool on the SBR Forum. Until the game starts.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1204

what kind of percentage you getting over face for those tickets?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Maybe SaintsFan is onto something. I'm really surprised they are laying 7 here. Reminds me of Week 2 last season when the Cowboys were laying 7 to the Bears (and lost SU).

Bears only lost by more than 7 twice last season and only 4 times the year before when they sucked.

Take the +7 and sprinkle some ML too.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Cutler gets back to the magical 3 pick a rooney day which is where he feels most comfy.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

The Bears WR situation is much improved over last year. Roy Williams looked like dog shit during the preseason, but in week 1 he was starting to look like his prime years in Detroit, something to keep an eye on. Forte looked like Walter Peyton in week 1 and he's playing for a contract, so keep an eye on him. I love Johnny Knox @ WR, but he didn't even get the start and I went into that game thinking he was their best WR. Hester got his reps at WR and looked very good. Rookie Dane Sanzenbacher looks like another nice WR to use as well. I didn't see Marion Barber, but he's on the team as well. I'm just saying, this year Cutler has a bounty of weapons that he didn't have last year and they looked very sharp on offense compared to last season.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

I should add the Bears in a 6 point teaser.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    The Bears WR situation is much improved over last year. Roy Williams looked like dog shit during the preseason, but in week 1 he was starting to look like his prime years in Detroit, something to keep an eye on. Forte looked like Walter Peyton in week 1 and he's playing for a contract, so keep an eye on him. I love Johnny Knox @ WR, but he didn't even get the start and I went into that game thinking he was their best WR. Hester got his reps at WR and looked very good. Rookie Dane Sanzenbacher looks like another nice WR to use as well. I didn't see Marion Barber, but he's on the team as well. I'm just saying, this year Cutler has a bounty of weapons that he didn't have last year and they looked very sharp on offense compared to last season.
    Good post and you didn't even mention Kellen Davis, who is going to catch some balls and is a load and a half to bring down. GB did whatever they wanted, Saints should be able to clean that up, but the Bears have plenty of firepower and another year settled in the Martz's offense. Martz offense is one of those things that can look awful when everyone is not on the same page, but a thing of beauty when it is clicking.

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Thanks for the warning but any time the Bears get a freakin' magical, unbelievable +7, I'm taking them.

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Bears ML is sounding like music to my ears

SaintsFan

Bumpity bump for the homer.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lol

Saints buried them

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

yep +7
    Kiss of death!

SaintsFan

If my cowboys and texans teasers hit I'll be up over 10k on the weekend despite that atrocious 5k yankee loss on Friday night.

12 Last