ROYAJA8
    ROYAJA8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

Lost a questionable play on Felix Jones over 72.5 yards

The last play of the Cowboys game cost me. Felix had 44 rushing + 32 receiving yards and on last play Austin catches it and laterals back to Felix who laterals it to another player who didn't catch it so there giving Felix minus 13 yards receiving on that play. How can you lose yards on a lateral play if a guy doens't catch it thats bullshit.

SaintsFan
    SaintsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ROYAJA8 View Post
    The last play of the Cowboys game cost me. Felix had 44 rushing + 32 receiving yards and on last play Austin catches it and laterals back to Felix who laterals it to another player who didn't catch it so there giving Felix minus 13 yards receiving on that play. How can you lose yards on a lateral play if a guy doens't catch it thats bullshit.
    Sorry for your horrible sequence of events, but honestly Tony Romo would probably laugh at you just like he laughed after his fumble at the 2 and after the snap glanced off his arm last night with 8 seconds left.

And how much does Jerry Jones pay the networks to not show him after excruciating Cowboys losses anymore? That used to be the best thing about Cowboys losses - up there with Manningface after tough Colts losses.

KTeller
    KTeller's Avatar Become A Pro!

last man with the ball gets credit for the whole play; so when felix tosses it and they dont catch it, Felix is last one and play is 'down' or a fumble and unrecoverable down.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

I had to look this up too. Apparently, you had already lost the bet prior to the last play. He was actually at 72 yards (he was incorrectly credited for a pass earlier in the game). However, he received -6 yards on that lateral. Austin had it, threw it 6 yards back to Jones so Jones is credited with -6 yards receiving (no reception though). The way I see it is like when a QB throws a little toss to the RB - the RB starts with negative yardage at that point and needs to get back to the line of scrimmage for 0 yards.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Had Josh Freeman going in Fantasy, last play of the game he passed for 25 yards, then got the ball back and laterelled it, and detroit recovered.

Freeman instead of winding up with 25 yards passing got, -4 yards rushing.

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

tough beat

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

SaintsFan
    SaintsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Had Josh Freeman going in Fantasy, last play of the game he passed for 25 yards, then got the ball back and laterelled it, and detroit recovered.

Freeman instead of winding up with 25 yards passing got, -4 yards rushing.
    I never understand why people who gamble mess with fantasy. Way too much going on in a meaningless fantasy world when you could be live-betting, monitering your plays and tweaking them, or preparing for halftime bets to optimally adjust your lie.

ROYAJA8
    ROYAJA8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

Quote Originally Posted by LLXC View Post
    I had to look this up too. Apparently, you had already lost the bet prior to the last play. He was actually at 72 yards (he was incorrectly credited for a pass earlier in the game). However, he received -6 yards on that lateral. Austin had it, threw it 6 yards back to Jones so Jones is credited with -6 yards receiving (no reception though). The way I see it is like when a QB throws a little toss to the RB - the RB starts with negative yardage at that point and needs to get back to the line of scrimmage for 0 yards.
    No had 3 catches for 32 yards a 19 yarder, 11, and 2 yarder. Dam Austin why did you pass it to felix. I also had Dez over 3.5 receptions and then he forgot how to play after he had 3 fast catches. At least Cowboys won me real good money

Ingram$
    Ingram$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Case like this never been solved. It happens sometimes.

ferndog
    ferndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1731

Quote Originally Posted by ROYAJA8 View Post
    Tell me about it. I lost the Utah+8.5 game vs USC saturday when they changed the score after the game finished! Talk about BS!