suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I make a fair line for this game as LSU -1. The Tigers are getting a lot of respect this season from a lot of people, and I really don't buy it. I think this game will be very revealing.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Excited to watch this game.....should be a classic SEC-style matchup down in Mississippi

Wish the line was around 5 or 6......Actually really surprised LSU is only -3 considering how their seasons have gone so far

Might be a game I wait till halftime to bet unless I can get Mississippi St ML @ +170 or better.....A lot of home dogs seem to win a ton on Thursday Night for whatever reason......I feel like Ms St has a good shot in this one

wildcorndog
    wildcorndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

LSU has more talent on defense then I have ever seen at LSU.. thats saying something with our past defenses.

valaub04
    valaub04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

ok, here are my thoughts as I've seen a decent amount of both teams and we play them every year.

Miss St is the trendy pick to start the year. They open up with Memphis.... a team that I believe will not stay within single digits of a D1 team this year, and could lose to whoever the 1AA team is they are playing this week. Memphis is horrible...and they have a horrible staff. So that game is useless in analyzing anything.

LSU beats another media darling in Oregon. The only problem there is that Miss State would probably beat Oregon as well. So in my mind, throw that one out as well.

Here is what I noticed about MSU this weekend. They aren't very good yet. Chris Relf - bless his heart - may put up some big numbers in 4-5 games this year to make his season look decent, but when it matters I'd rather go against him than with him. And whoever has the bright idea that Relf is a lot like Cam is doing 'shrooms... it an only be b/c they are both tall and black. That's it. On D, MSU is slow on the edges... see Dyer with 2 long runs, McCalebb, etc. And let's face it (and you guys who are here in SEC country will know what I mean).... it's still JUST MISSISSIPPI STATE.

LSU should have a BIG edge on D. They still have the ??? at QB, and I'm not familiar with what they are doing at OC right now. I say ALL THAT to say this.

Play the under. Large.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by valaub04 View Post
    ok, here are my thoughts as I've seen a decent amount of both teams and we play them every year.

Miss St is the trendy pick to start the year. They open up with Memphis.... a team that I believe will not stay within single digits of a D1 team this year, and could lose to whoever the 1AA team is they are playing this week. Memphis is horrible...and they have a horrible staff. So that game is useless in analyzing anything.

LSU beats another media darling in Oregon. The only problem there is that Miss State would probably beat Oregon as well. So in my mind, throw that one out as well.

Here is what I noticed about MSU this weekend. They aren't very good yet. Chris Relf - bless his heart - may put up some big numbers in 4-5 games this year to make his season look decent, but when it matters I'd rather go against him than with him. And whoever has the bright idea that Relf is a lot like Cam is doing 'shrooms... it an only be b/c they are both tall and black. That's it. On D, MSU is slow on the edges... see Dyer with 2 long runs, McCalebb, etc. And let's face it (and you guys who are here in SEC country will know what I mean).... it's still JUST MISSISSIPPI STATE.

LSU should have a BIG edge on D. They still have the ??? at QB, and I'm not familiar with what they are doing at OC right now. I say ALL THAT to say this.

Play the under. Large.
    Good write up---I see you're an Auburn fan, what do you think about your game this weekend at Clemson? I'm thinking about making a very large bet on a very undervalued Auburn +4........Clemson is not a good team, and I don't see how they can hang with Auburn's offense at all

valaub04

The thing that concerns me about Clemson is that they have a very experienced OL. We are also taking a LOT of guys on their first road trip, including a QB getting his first road start. Clemson - to me - was the most physical game we played all of last year. I honestly haven't looked at what they have back on D, and I really don't think they can score with us as long as we don't go schizo on the road.... but that is something I don't have a feel for with this bunch yet. This is a game I will be staying away from.

Assuming we stay relatively healthy and team chemistry is good, I will be looking to make some solid plays on this team in the 2nd half of the season. One thing I would recommend now.... get ready to UNLOAD on Arkansas when we travel out there to play them. I could see us taking a woodshed beating that day - more so than any other game this year.

wildcorndog

Auburns offense. Haha

wildcorndog

That high school shit won't win the sec without the greatest college football player in history

valaub04

wildcorndog (appropriate name btw). I have no illusions of winning the SEC this year and I hate LSU with a burning fire.... Bama is bad but at least they have the hardware to back up their talk. Anyway, I'd like to make 3 points.

1). Just because an offense doesn't always line up with a full back in a power I set does not make it a HS offense.
    2). That same offensive philosophy rolled up almost 500 yards..... RUSHING, on your coon-asses last year.
    3). You would sell your gypsy, transvestite mother to have Malzahn as your OC or HC.

wildcorndog

Cam is y malzahn was successful last year. I don't count championships that occurred before I was born. A one year junior college transfer is the only thing that separates auburn, Kentucky and vandy.

wildcorndog

We will see this year and next year and the next and the next.

wildcorndog

Paul finebaum said it best the other day. Their are 3 elite schools in the SEC LSU Florida and BAMA. god bless

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jwbama23 View Post
    More than Spurrier? More than Saban? Your and idiot! If it werent for Saban he wouldnt have a program corndog

wildcorndog

Haha!

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10476

clemson as good d , and will cover

Pete0
    --------------------
    Pete0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by valaub04 View Post
    ok, here are my thoughts as I've seen a decent amount of both teams and we play them every year. Miss St is the trendy pick to start the year. They open up with Memphis.... a team that I believe will not stay within single digits of a D1 team this year, and could lose to whoever the 1AA team is they are playing this week. Memphis is horrible...and they have a horrible staff. So that game is useless in analyzing anything. LSU beats another media darling in Oregon. The only problem there is that Miss State would probably beat Oregon as well. So in my mind, throw that one out as well. Here is what I noticed about MSU this weekend. They aren't very good yet. Chris Relf - bless his heart - may put up some big numbers in 4-5 games this year to make his season look decent, but when it matters I'd rather go against him than with him. And whoever has the bright idea that Relf is a lot like Cam is doing 'shrooms... it an only be b/c they are both tall and black. That's it. On D, MSU is slow on the edges... see Dyer with 2 long runs, McCalebb, etc. And let's face it (and you guys who are here in SEC country will know what I mean).... it's still JUST MISSISSIPPI STATE. LSU should have a BIG edge on D. They still have the ??? at QB, and I'm not familiar with what they are doing at OC right now. I say ALL THAT to say this. Play the under. Large.
    great writeup !

I tend to pass on college football unders , but I like Miss. St in this one mostly because of the QB difference.

Also like Clemson . I think Auburn will get exposed.

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

I really doubt they would have gone for two. It would have gone to OT and still no guarantee that Srare would have won the game. Everyone keeps saying Auburn won that game by inches but had he scored they still had OT to go. This is the SEC and anything could happen.

This Miss St/ LSU line ia bizarre. I would think it'd be closer towards 6. Could be a trap trying to get people to take State. Vegas may be trying to give the impression that Miss St isn't that bad of a team and they're giving them way more credit than they're due. Miss St does have some talent but the looked like they lacked confidence and direction in the fourth quarter Saturday. LSU is a far better team and they are playing like they are on a mission.

Vegas: I'm not fooled!!!!

Give me LSU -3 all day long!!

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    msu should have won that game. All it would have taken was a jump/stretch or shift by relf at the end to plug one in the endzone. hindsight though. Watching from tv not the same as being out there , I know. I feel if they got the td they would have gone for two and won outright. Glad I stayed away from that one. It does help me in a way though, I bet au over 6.5 wins this year, so this is one I definitely needed.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Just take the over.

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Valaub,

You bring up alot of good points but they one that stands out most to me is
    "They're still Miss St" and we all know that they will never be a top 15 team. Most years they hang around 23-25 if they're even ranked at all. They'll never have the recruiting power that AU, UA, LSU, and UF do!!!

As far as Clemson goes, they aren't that good of a team and they're looking for the revenge factor. For some reason they always match up to Auburn well. I look for this to be a close game with the total going over if it's set at a decent amount. Perhaps teasing Auburn and the Over is the best bet. Will have to wait and see if I'm goin to play it though.

SaintsFan
    SaintsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Corndog - nice posts.

Miles is a top 3 recruiter and a top 5 "most loved by his players".

Saban has been shaky of late as well - that fake punt in the NC game 1st qtr? His clock management against Aubie last year up 20+?

Miles is a great NCAA coach. Up there with Saban for the very best. His ATS record in week 1 and bowl games is easily tops in the nation. That's great prep and coaching, fellas.

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

hard not to take lsu here

Duane1975
    Duane1975's Avatar Become A Pro!

You gotta take LSU -3

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

This is why not to load up, LSU is coached by Les Miles......worth one to two losses per season alone. Complete moron
    May be a moron but LSU has this won.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by SaintsFan View Post
    Corndog - nice posts. Miles is a top 3 douchebag and a top 5 "most hated by his players". Saban has been shaky of late as well - that fake punt in the NC game 1st qtr? His clock management against Aubie last year up 20+? Miles is a great NCAA coach. Up there with Saban for the very best. His ATS record in week 1 and bowl games is easily tops in the nation. That's great prep and coaching, fellas.
    Les Miles is a complete moron and are you still really that bent out of shape about Saban coming to Bama that you say he is slipping because of a fake punt attempt 2 years ago????? Damn Ive heard it all. This thread is the homer zone.

SaintsFan
    SaintsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Les Miles is a complete moron and are you still really that bent out of shape about Saban coming to Bama that you say he is slipping because of a fake punt attempt 2 years ago????? Damn Ive heard it all. This thread is the homer zone.
    That fake punt was probably the dumbest playcall of the past 10 years in any major NCAA / NFL game.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by SaintsFan View Post
    That fake punt was probably the dumbest playcall of the past 10 years in any major NCAA / NFL game.
    OK

fud007
    fud007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

As a fan I love Miss St., but there is just no way I can pass up LSU at -3. Im not sold that the Bulldogs can score on a stellar defense and we all know about LSU's D. I'm taking LSU and the under

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Urbanwildlife has taken this game for several dimes. Anything is possible, but doing my due diligence, I see no fricking way that LSU does not cover this game in a big way. I have researched it, researched it, and researched it.

willieteal
    willieteal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 302

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    Urbanwildlife has taken this game for several dimes. Anything is possible, but doing my due diligence, I see no fricking way that LSU does not cover this game in a big way. I have researched it, researched it, and researched it.
    What's the research?

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Quote Originally Posted by firehoyt View Post
    I really doubt they would have gone for two. It would have gone to OT and still no guarantee that Srare would have won the game. Everyone keeps saying Auburn won that game by inches but had he scored they still had OT to go. This is the SEC and anything could happen. This Miss St/ LSU line ia bizarre. I would think it'd be closer towards 6. Could be a trap trying to get people to take State. Vegas may be trying to give the impression that Miss St isn't that bad of a team and they're giving them way more credit than they're due. Miss St does have some talent but the looked like they lacked confidence and direction in the fourth quarter Saturday. LSU is a far better team and they are playing like they are on a mission. Vegas: I'm not fooled!!!! Give me LSU -3 all day long!!
    In the SEC, on the road play for the win, at home play for the tie.

I agree I think msu is getting too much credit. I have watched sec football since I was a little one. The one thing I do remember is msu has and most likely always will be the red headed step child of the sec. Now granted they have an occasional year where they will beat one good team, I do not think its lsu this year. I cannot recall the last time msu beat lsu.

I played the spread on this but think the ml is almost a given.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by AdamL2424 View Post
    James Carmon OL will play Thursday per Miss St website

Today's Commercial Dispatch (local paper from Columbus/Starkville area) has him as day to day. Big guy like that will be hard to come back on a short week on a knee injury....and won't see much time picking up assignments in practice so I'm leaning he'll either be out or ineffective against the LSU Defense.

http://www.cdispatch.com/sports/article.asp?aid=12993

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Just booked Miss St +4.5 @Bodog.

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

If paco says Miss St +4.5 then Miss St it is !!

Lets get it!!!

valaub04

Quote Originally Posted by firehoyt View Post
    Valaub,

You bring up alot of good points but they one that stands out most to me is
    "They're still Miss St" and we all know that they will never be a top 15 team. Most years they hang around 23-25 if they're even ranked at all. They'll never have the recruiting power that AU, UA, LSU, and UF do!!!

As far as Clemson goes, they aren't that good of a team and they're looking for the revenge factor. For some reason they always match up to Auburn well. I look for this to be a close game with the total going over if it's set at a decent amount. Perhaps teasing Auburn and the Over is the best bet. Will have to wait and see if I'm goin to play it though.
    i shouldn't have said that about MSU.... none of their fans ever really tick me off. Also, I knew last year vs Clem and bowl game 4 yrs ago were close, but we've beaten clemson 14 in a row.

i also got distracted by your avatar.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14485

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Just booked Miss St +4.5 @Bodog.
    down to 4 now

First 12345 ... Last