iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Advice for 25<U

Had a 33k and a 40k week before I turned 25 and havent' had one since, I'm now 30. Primary reason I heard all this BS about money management and thought I was maturing (aka becoming a PUSSY), which in some regard is okay because you grind out a profit week in and week out but for you guys 25 under, GO FOR IT.

You only live once and you're still young, take your fkn shots... if you lose who gives a flying fk you can recover but if you hit, you could be set for life. You'll have plenty of time in life to practice MM and be disicplined, but 25 and under is not it, go for it all boys... best of luck.

Just my thoughts.

donnyguru
    Rust Never Sleeps
    donnyguru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8759

You are only set for life if you shut it down and live off the cream. Like anybody does that.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

You're going to have to hit a LOT of 40K+ weeks to be set for life.

TobiasFunke
    Never Nude
    TobiasFunke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 46

Quote Originally Posted by donnyguru View Post
    You are only set for life if you shut it down and live off the cream. Like anybody does that.
    Quote Originally Posted by LLXC View Post
    You're going to have to hit a LOT of 40K+ weeks to be set for life.
    These.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

so 73K is enough to live on for the rest of your life? At 25? Or say you tripled it and got a 225K score. is 225 enough to survive the rest of your life on when youre 25? Guess you dont plan on living too long.

Sports betting isnt going to set you up for life in a short term run unless you play a goofy parlay and it hits. And if you play it offshore and it is enough to be life changing good luck collecting.

Youre better off going to the track and easy pick pick 6 tickets on carry over days. Getting big scores in sports requires betting big money. Unless you get a miracle future play at odds that are stupid and load up on it. but those are once in a decade type plays. Maybe even one in 25 years.

I was making a living grinding out sports when I was 25. started when I was 24 actually. A lot different now though but still available with some effort. get rich quick generlly means go broke quicker. Major problem is guys who get windfalls lose control and think it is easy then piss it away anyway. They start chasing and doubling up and the big score that they made is all gone. If a guy starts with 2 or 3 K and runs it up over 50K should probably quit forever and not look back, theyd be a lot better off.

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    so 73K is enough to live on for the rest of your life? At 25? Or say you tripled it and got a 225K score. is 225 enough to survive the rest of your life on when youre 25? Guess you dont plan on living too long. Sports betting isnt going to set you up for life in a short term run unless you play a goofy parlay and it hits. And if you play it offshore and it is enough to be life changing good luck collecting. Youre better off going to the track and easy pick pick 6 tickets on carry over days. Getting big scores in sports requires betting big money. Unless you get a miracle future play at odds that are stupid and load up on it. but those are once in a decade type plays. Maybe even one in 25 years. I was making a living grinding out sports when I was 25. started when I was 24 actually. A lot different now though but still available with some effort. get rich quick generlly means go broke quicker. Major problem is guys who get windfalls lose control and think it is easy then piss it away anyway. They start chasing and doubling up and the big score that they made is all gone. If a guy starts with 2 or 3 K and runs it up over 50K should probably quit forever and not look back, theyd be a lot better off.
    so close to 100k can't get a poster in the frame of starting their own business?

don't be salty bud, just trying to help the younger posters out

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

How much were you betting a game to have 40k weeks under 25? Im in college and dont have anywhere near the bank roll to win that much lol

donnyguru
    Rust Never Sleeps

I was making a living grinding out sports when I was 25. started when I was 24 actually. A lot different now though but still available with some effort. get rich quick generlly means go broke quicker. Major problem is guys who get windfalls lose control and think it is easy then piss it away anyway. They start chasing and doubling up and the big score that they made is all gone. If a guy starts with 2 or 3 K and runs it up over 50K should probably quit forever and not look back, theyd be a lot better off.
    Right on. If all you do is take shots, you will never figure out whether you are good or bad at this. Luck or lack of it will skew your view. I love grinding. If you don't, you should find something else to thrill you that doesn't take money.

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    How much were you betting a game to have 40k weeks under 25? Im in college and dont have anywhere near the bank roll to win that much lol
    10k credit1k/max per game (could be every angle though, 1H,
    1q, etc,

iceminers26

Right on. If all you do is take shots, you will never figure out whether you are good or bad at this. Luck or lack of it will skew your view. I love grinding. If you don't, you should find something else to thrill you that doesn't take money.
    grinding is for 40+... plenty of time for grinding, just suggesting these young fks should go fot it all... I wish I would have went for gold

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

As long as they have the means (disposable income) and aren't responsible for supporting a family.

This game ain't for the faint of heart. Notre Dame fvcking blindsided me tonight -- couldn't imagine having legitimate money on something like that.

iceminers26

go for it you fkns... took me 2 years hard work to make what I made in a year

just think of the KHL, Locomotive team.... filled with 20s so.... take your shot boys

the entire point of this thread was to state you are young enough to make errors and can recover if things don't worrk out but if they do, congrats to u

donnyguru
    Rust Never Sleeps

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    grinding is for 40+... plenty of time for grinding, just suggesting these young fks should go fot it all... I wish I would have went for gold
    When I was a young cat, I had no bankroll, so my reference point is different. How would you pick that spot to go for it, and how much bankroll would you risk?

iceminers26

I have my MBA first off so I'm not some jerk off trying to bury you or JJ.

All I"m saying is if you're going to go for it, do it before you start a family.

iceminers26

When I was a young cat, I had no bankroll, so my reference point is different. How would you pick that spot to go for it, and how much bankroll would you risk?
    good point bud... I was fkn nuts, played D1 hockey on a full ride and was betting everything in site with the mob... guess everyone doesn't have that option.... still doesn't change how I feel about taking a shot

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

so close to 100k can't get a poster in the frame of starting their own business?

don't be salty bud, just trying to help the younger posters out
    you didnt say reinvest it in a business in the OP, you just said go for it.

100K is a decent sized bankroll to use to grind out a steady profit. Not enough to retire on, but enough to make 50K a year if you get some lucky breaks.

iceminers26

you didnt say reinvest it in a business in the OP, you just said go for it. 100K is a decent sized bankroll to use to grind out a steady profit. Not enough to retire on, but enough to make 50K a year if you get some lucky breaks.
    my school cost $120k for 4 years... I didn't pay a dime for my hockey ship... if you gave me 120k... trust me I could grind out a profit but what I'm saying or the whole point of this thread, is some guys are young enough to take these shots.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

I sort of agree with you, but I have been using money management and never ever going all in with my entiring balance, accept for a couple times early . And by doing that I turned 50 dollars into 1600. Its all about the situation, the game, and how confident you may feel in the game, as well as many other factors.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Remember the 100U on Rhode Island Ice?

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    I sort of agree with you, but I have been using money management and never ever going all in with my entiring balance, accept for a couple times early . And by doing that I turned 50 dollars into 1600. Its all about the situation, the game, and how confident you may feel in the game, as well as many other factors.
    good for you bud... just saying if you are going to take you're shot... take it young because you have time to recover if it doesn't fall in your favor

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Remember the 100U on Rhode Island Ice?
    challenge me to 7-3.... u pick the sport

iceminers26

and you know me alreayd NC, that's standard -110 or less

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why do you feel like you have the right to give a young person advice on what they should do with their money? Who are you and what have you accomplished? Whatever, probably a ttwarrior ghost.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

challenge me to 7-3.... u pick the sport
    You misread the post ICE. I love checking in with your picks.

I'm just saying there's a good example of how hard it is to truly win in this game.

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by Cap dat 4ss View Post
    Why do you feel like you have the right to give a young person advice on what they should do with their money? Who are you and what have you accomplished? Whatever, probably a ttwarrior ghost.
    I don't have the right you...I am just basing it off my history and when you're young and have fewer obligations.. take your shot.

I will say these between you and I, I've made more money betting than you know what to do with.

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thats fine. But my e-cokk is still 10.3"

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

If you need someone to tell you to go for it, you're probably not the type to go for it.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

Gosh you guys dont seem to understand what ICE is saying here. Im 21 years old. And he is right in a sense. And I will agree with him. **** if im gonna grind the rest of my fking life off. F-That Shit I work my fking ass off for what I have . And I take shots all the time. I dont take moronic Shots I take shots that are actually going to be beneficial if I see an opening. Im young im 21 I have a long life ahead of me. I have goals I have a plan I have a future I want. But hell if im gonna play it safe my entire fking life. Take the risks now when you can still minimize losses.

Im back in college now so I went from 40+ hours a week down to only 24 hours a week. So I have to find narrow spots to try and increase revenue.

If you wanna try and suceed at life you gotta do it NOW. Now is the time to do everything, Now is the time the world is changing, Now is the time Technology is transforming. Its as if your trying to start your own business, Do it young and learn early. Dont do it when your old and you have young guys like me finding better spots and opportunities

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

I made over $10k playing online poker when I was between 15 and 17 years old. By the time I was 18 online poker was a fking bitch. The game got way harder and I peaked when I was early because I was in high school and had no bills or stress to worry about. Just Soccer and Poker that was all I had to worry about.

affest
    affest's Avatar Become A Pro!

We just should learn about the management of it.

affest

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeOverUnder View Post
    I made over $10k playing online poker when I was between 15 and 17 years old. By the time I was 18 online poker was a fking bitch. The game got way harder and I peaked when I was early because I was in high school and had no bills or stress to worry about. Just Soccer and Poker that was all I had to worry about.
    I don't even have $100 in my account

affest

Quote Originally Posted by Cap dat 4ss View Post
    Thats fine. But my e-cokk is still 10.3"
    you lying, aren't you?