bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Full Tilt Hearing Scheduled for September 19

I'm looking forward to finding out how this hearing goes on the 19th. Should be interesting indeed.

Full Tilt Hearing Scheduled for September 19

The Alderney Gambling Control Commission (AGCC) announced yesterday that the public hearing regarding Full Tilt Poker’s remote gambling license will be held on Monday, September 19th at 9:00am at the Riverbank Park Plaza Hotel in London.

The original hearing was held on Tuesday, July 26th with the purpose of allowing both the AGCC and Full Tilt to present any evidence in support or in opposition to Full Tilt’s suspended license. In the end, not much actually happened and the public hearing was adjourned until what was supposed to be September 15th at the latest.

At the July hearing, Full Tilt Poker’s attorney, Martin Heslop, requested that the pre-application hearing for adjournment be held in private, known as “in camera.” Full Tilt is in a difficult situation, as it owes as much as $150 million to customers, but for a variety of reasons, including seizure of funds by the United States Department of Justice, theft of funds by a payment processor, and the lack of any revenue coming in because of its suspended license, is unable to pay. As such, it is looking for investors to purchase the company and inject enough money in order to get customer deposits back in the appropriate hands. Because of the fear of evidence being made public that could potentially harm negotiations with investors, Heslop felt that holding the pre-application hearing for adjournment was appropriate. Essentially, there was no downside to it, whereas holding it in public had no real upside.

The in camera hearing was granted by lead Commissioner Isabel Picornel and the following day, the AGCC released a statement which read:

“As a result of the arguments on behalf of FTP during the pre-hearing application the Commissioners decided to adjourn the hearing as they felt it was in the best interests of FTP’s customers. A key consideration in their decision was to allow FTP licensees ‘to further pursue advanced commercial negotiations which could lead to a more beneficial outcome for player interests.’

The Commissioners adjourned the substantive hearing to commence as soon as possible and in any event not later than 15th September. Further details regarding the exact date and venue of the substantive hearing will be announced as soon as practical.”

What the AGCC had decided was that everyone concerned was better off if Full Tilt had more time to find an investor. Nothing that was going to be said at the July hearing that couldn’t be said at a later one, but in the meantime, money could possibly be found to pay back Full Tilt’s customers.

In the interim, Full Tilt has not found a buyer. Less than two weeks ago, the company issued a statement, reading, in part:

“On August 16, Irish based Pocket Kings Ltd., brand executor for the Full Tilt Poker moniker, concluded the exclusivity period of negotiations with their current potential investor.

While Pocket Kings Ltd. plans to continue discussions with its current investor, the company has now begun negotiations with additional potential investors to conclude the sale/partnership of the Full Tilt Poker brand and its assets.”

secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

good read.. thx bigboydan.. keep us updated bud

i got a bit of change tied up there.. never thought i could receive it back.

-stash

pokerplayer22
    pokerplayer22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very good read. I have a few bucks there but not much. I know people that have a decent chunk there, so Im hoping for the best for them.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

Know one is getting their money back from FTP..........

On the come
    On the come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6499

I don't know that I would post up there again after the way things have gone so far. Is there any reason to believe they will payout if they lose their license again for some reason?

deeshen13
    deeshen13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeOverUnder View Post
    Know one is getting their money back from FTP..........
    "know" is different than "no".

Ethan
    Ethan's Avatar Become A Pro!

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Without outsider investors and an infusion of cash, I dont think they will pay

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

Keep the rakeback, points tickets and I'm sick of the bull shit . I don't give a shit if Ivey ***** howard in the ass I just want my fuckinn . Everytime I read something about them and it's not about me getting paid it pisses me off

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

doj is in usa though, not england, this has nothing to do with usa players

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

not looking good to buy a poker site that has closed and screwed many..also they dont allow usa customers

bigboydan

Monday is the hearing and I for one am very interested in seeing how this plays out.

fasteri
    fasteri's Avatar Become A Pro!

today is big day! my bankroll is FTP

kickenchicken
    kickenchicken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4128

they are finished anyway

bigboydan

After an entire day of private meetings the "Alderney Gambling Control Commission" has yet to determine the fate of Full Tilt Poker. It looks like another set of meeting are slated to take place on Tuesday so hopefully we will know by then gentlemen.

bigboydan

I can't say I'm really surprised by this decision at all but, after 6 days of hearings the Alderney Gambling Control Commission (AGCC) today revoked the licenses of Vantage Limited, Filco and Oxalic Limited or as we know it Full Tilt Poker.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

nbc HAS JUST CANCELLED THERE SHOW FOREVER, there is no sign the show existed from NBC

yokspot
    yokspot's Avatar Become A Pro!

Players should sue AGCC for their rank regligence and corruption. Questions need to be asked.