SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

The 45 man poker tourneys - know the sign up times and register early

With football here the 5 daily poker tournaments are filling up fast. Tournament registration is generally 2 hours before the cards flip. The tournaments are 10AM, 1PM, 5PM, 8PM and 10PM eastern US time. 2,000 poker points are given to the top 9 players in each of the 5 tourneys Monday through Friday.

Good luck!

harlee71
    harlee71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

I was 16 min late and was kicked out. Whats up with that?

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by harlee71 View Post
    I was 16 min late and was kicked out. Whats up with that?
    The software ejects no-shows. If you're 15 minutes late it assumes you're not showing.

Keeps the game quicker so folks aren't waiting for no-shows to be blinded out.

SBR_John
    Wisky

For example the 5PM tourney just has 1 seat left about a half hour before the cards flip.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

at least with the 45 man format,gives everyone a decent chance of cashing in ,like the format

harlee71

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    The software ejects no-shows. If you're 15 minutes late it assumes you're not showing.

Keeps the game quicker so folks aren't waiting for no-shows to be blinded out.
    Understandable. I just didn't know what happened. 1 minute too late.

Thanks Lou.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

seats are sold out every poker tournaments

players should be allow to play more than 1 tourney daily

I will turn pro if I can play more than 1 daily, along with all pros
    Last edited by tony_come; 09-07-11 at 05:38 PM.

harlee71

If they are all sold out an hour early, maybe there are not enough tourney's or not enough seats.

It is a good format though to allow more people to place. Two more tables probably would be a good amount of players, back to around the 60 person total. Just an opinion.

Going4Broke
    Going4Broke's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    seats are sold out every poker tournaments

players should be allow to play more than 1 tourney daily

I will turn pro if I can play more than 1 daily, along with all pros
    The tourny's are all full at only 1 per day, why would they change that? They are being extremely fair and giving 225 different people the opportunity to play. If not for this rule, maybe 60-70 different people would get to play, and a lot of those 45 would be repeats who sit home all day. SBR is doing the right thing in this spot.

SBR_John
    Wisky

Quote Originally Posted by harlee71 View Post
    If they are all sold out an hour early, maybe there are not enough tourney's or not enough seats.

It is a good format though to allow more people to place. Two more tables probably would be a good amount of players, back to around the 60 person total. Just an opinion.
    I'd be open to ideas on tourney schedules that work better as long as they limit SBR to the current 10,000 poker points a day.

harlee71

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post

I'd be open to ideas on tourney schedules that work better as long as they limit SBR to the current 10,000 poker points a day.
    I say keep the same tourney's as the timing seems to be working well and spread out evenly throughout the day. I would recommend maybe adding 2 tables and take 60 to 70 players or 6-7 tables. Maybe slow the blinds down just a little and make the tourney's last about 2hrs max.

That or add another tourney and only pay the top 6 or 7 instead of the top 9. That should keep the payout % close to the same.

I think the demand is there either way.

You could add a buy in tourney with rebuys once or twice a day so the people that want to play more than once could enjoy more tourney poker. I think the demand is there.
    Last edited by harlee71; 09-07-11 at 07:11 PM.