milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

take MILWAUKEE +105

division gets essentially wrapped up tonight. huge pitching advantage for greinke vs carpenter.
    carpenter is wearing down, he gave up 17 hits in 11 innings last 2 starts.

greinke 2-0 3.46 era vs st louis, getting better at the end of the season

carpenter 1-2 5.68 era vs milwaukee, getting worse at the end of the season

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Greinke's road woes worry me. 5.31 on the road.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Public is on massively on Milwaukie. Would look to taking St Louis if anything.
    Although fading teams in must win situations is a good play.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Brewers have pitched well vs CC in the past this season, and Greinkes road ERA mainly came on a couple games, a better thing to judge him on IMO is his post all star break ERA which is at 2.41 now I believe.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Is this a homer play? Gotta watch out for the bias.

neverstoppers23

Yeah, 4 shure. I put 400 on milwaukee last night, and I am kind of regretting it, I was going to just put my whole bank roll of 700 on boston which ended up kicking ass. But, my dumbass goes on covers.com and sees the 'experts' pick Milwaukee. So am I like wow, maybe its just not a homer pick, well it was. Should always go with your gut intentions first so you can live with your self if you lose.

and yes i know boston is a square pick, i don't care. I was taking them at -1.5.

at anyrate, even though i lost the 400, i still made it back later in the day....

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

if your name was denvermike, maybe.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Over is the play on this game...lock it in and thank me later.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Is this a homer play? Gotta watch out for the bias.
    i was on st louis last night for the same reasons, pitching matchup.

EVERYONE HAS A BIAS OF SOME SORT because every team is either liked/disliked a little more than the other.

anyone that has seen my picks knows i am a winner, i think i've lost one pick out of the last 10 or so on here (granted that was also on milwaukee).

neverstoppers23

I am not too sure over is the correct play here, Greinke has pitched well his last outting he had all his pitches working for him. Unless you expect the brewers to score a lot of runs, I don't see this one being over. (it would help if we started taylor greene at third) Actually I just checked and they have him starting at 2nd tonight!

neverstoppers23

Here is anther great reason why to not hit the over.
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/129353328.html

wind has been blowing in hard the last few days, you are really going to have to hit them out of the park .

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Over here

SaintsFan
    SaintsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on the Brewers but I'm nervous about it.

Love Greinke, but he got HAMMERED by Houston his last time out. I know he only gave up 2ER over 6, but he was absolutely rocked - his location sucked. I've yet to see him with 2 bad outings and I love Nyjer's quote after last night's game. I like the Brewers' swag and I'm on them tonight.

Straight Wager

Bet $1247.07 to Win $1210.75
    Date
    Team
    Line

09/07/11
    Brewers (Milwaukee)

20:15 ET
    Listed

Your Total Bet
    Total Potential Win

$ 1247.07
    $ 1210.75

Can only listen to this one as I'm cleaning the house tonight for a MASSIVE Saints/Packers party tomorrow night. Hope to hear Uecker say "get up, get up, get OUTTA HERE!!!" a few times tonight.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Zach hasn't seen a real MLB offense since he last faced the Redbirds 6 or 7 games ago.

SaintsFan

From what I've seen of Zach (been a fan since his 09 season in KC) he pitches his best against good lineups.

(That's kind of a football-ish thing to say, you think of a team like the Ravens getting geeked up for a big primetime game against Pittsburgh and then blowing a noon game to the Bengals the following week) but I think it holds true for him. We'll find out shortly with the playoffs right around the corner. I can't WAIT to see Greinke on the bump in a playoff game with a sold out and rowdy crowd. I will put a shit ton of money on him if the matchup is right.

On paper, MKE has the better pitcher, lineup, and bullpen but maybe the Cards are still hungrier - especially in front of a home crowd.

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by SaintsFan View Post
    I'm on the Brewers but I'm nervous about it.

Love Greinke, but he got HAMMERED by Houston his last time out. I know he only gave up 2ER over 6, but he was absolutely rocked - his location sucked. I've yet to see him with 2 bad outings and I love Nyjer's quote after last night's game. I like the Brewers' swag and I'm on them tonight.

Straight Wager

Bet $1247.07 to Win $1210.75
    Date
    Team
    Line

09/07/11
    Brewers (Milwaukee)

20:15 ET
    Listed

Your Total Bet
    Total Potential Win

$ 1247.07
    $ 1210.75

Can only listen to this one as I'm cleaning the house tonight for a MASSIVE Saints/Packers party tomorrow night. Hope to hear Uecker say "get up, get up, get OUTTA HERE!!!" a few times tonight.
    Guess you just didn't read my post where I said the wind is blowing in hard. So not a lot of homers if any.

Greinke really had problems with his fastballl last time which was weird as hell, usually that is the pitch he could only locate early on. His breaking stuff was all hitting no problem. I don't know if he was trying to pitch to more contact or what last time.

If I was forced to pick this game I would go with the brewers, I just love taylor green in our line up, the way the kid has been hitting since he got up. And as stated the brewers have hit CC a few times out. After losing last night, I just don't want to get burned again with football season coming up.

neverstoppers23

From what I've seen of Zach (been a fan since his 09 season in KC) he pitches his best against good lineups.

(That's kind of a football-ish thing to say, you think of a team like the Ravens getting geeked up for a big primetime game against Pittsburgh and then blowing a noon game to the Bengals the following week) but I think it holds true for him. We'll find out shortly.

On paper, MKE has the better pitcher, lineup, and bullpen but maybe the Cards are still hungrier - especially in front of a home crowd.

I doubt the brewers don't want it more then the cards, the brewers have to keep winning the d-bags are not that far back from us. That is huge, in the first series having the first two games at home or the first two games on the road.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24854

On it! Thanks Mike!

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

I already have 3x on the under and am thinking about adding to that stake for one my biggest bets of the season. I saw a couple guys mention the over. Can you tell me why you guys like the over here...am I missing something. If you are expecting carp to get lit up, I don't think that will happen. Why over?

neverstoppers23

Yeah I am not getting why people like the over either, Pujlos has hit us very hard the last few games, is it that? But the wind is going to bring a lot of homers to easy fly balls today like they were in the first game of the series. You are either going to have to get really lucky and hit one magically when their is no wind, or get into one hard and drive it hard .

At anyrate I am pumped for this game to get started.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Its a crap shoot

BAD BET

SaintsFan

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Its a crap shoot

BAD BET
    Carpenter dealing so far

Zachary looking like he can't spot his fastball particularly well again

neverstoppers23

Carpenter dealing so far

Zachary looking like he can't spot his fastball particularly well again

yeah he had that trouble last game as i mentioned thankfully his slider, is still very good, as well as his change up, and curve ball. still not understanding why, because his fast ball was the only pitched he could locate early on in the season which is why his numbers were so high, when you can't located your breaking pitches when your starting pitcher like greinke your f'd.

and furcal is killing us seriously, i think all of his homers since he came back, has been vs. us, seems like he sucks vs anybody else. maybe he is pissed we didn't push for a trade for him more and he got stuck with the up tight cards and not the fun loving, brewers.

Monchito
    Easy Come Easy Go
    Monchito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2485

Sorry dude this game is fixed!trick or treat !!! Happy halloween!!!

harlee71
    harlee71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

Took StL RL for the +185

neverstoppers23

interesting, well if brewers get into their bullpen guys, k-rod and hawkins i dont think cards score much more, lets see what the brewers do. i still got a feeling they got a surge left in them for this game. all it takes is a homer by one of the two big guys

neverstoppers23

And Prince doesn't come through in the clutch again.......

neverstoppers23

Dammnt, brewers, this loss should rest of Prince Fielders shoulders, in the last 1.5 months it seems like he has not hit one clutch hit. Team defintly has covered from him, with bentancourt playing crazy good for a month, and braun being the great batter he is.

the_orangekat
    the_orangekat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Ugh, nothing has gone Mil's way.

neverstoppers23

Tough loss for the brewers if they end up lossing it, who would of thought he would be pitching a shut out, when he had a 5.6 ERA in three starts vs us. Even his best game where he allowed 2 ER he had 10 hits allowed which obviously we helped him there. Shit happens I guess.

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by the_orangekat View Post
    Ugh, nothing has gone Mil's way.

Yeah, and allowing furcal to keeping hitting homers is really pissing me off. I am tired of it.

We have one more chance, to get the big two up for us, either in the 8th or 9th inning. With those two its never over, but with the way Prince has been struggling, its going to have to come from brauny, so hart or nyjer has to get on base.

At any rate, it still surprises me that furcal is hitting homers, esp. with the wind blowing in so hard. Holliday who hit the first one yeah i can get. Just don't got a good feeling about this at all.

Kotsay gets on, and swings at the first pitch for an easy ass double play..... Now we have to hope for morgan to get on base so braun can homer. As stated before Fielder sucks in the clutch and RISP
    Last edited by neverstoppers23; 09-07-11 at 08:58 PM.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

under was the play...damn...at least I rarely bet over a unit, which is the only positive thing I can say ha. Hopefully MLW rallies for you guys!

harlee71
    harlee71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

Carpernter in the 9th with a 10pitch strikeout!

Sorry MM

neverstoppers23

should of just gone with the under which i was way more confident in, oh well not a huge loss for me, still hurts though.

neverstoppers23

Quote Originally Posted by harlee71 View Post
    Carpernter in the 9th with a 10pitch strikeout!

Sorry MM

brewers had their chances to win, kotsay getting on first in the 8th, only for hart to hit into a double play on one pitch.

the inning before that man on third and first only for prince to get an out.

brewers are ******* up now. makes me want to throw up.

12 Last