bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought the democrats were going to save online gambling

and yet it's only gotten worse since they've got in office.

I tried to tell everyone but you didn't listen way back when did you.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Damn, another far righty.

We have enough of these BBD.

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

you can thank your fellow Republicans for the UIGEA law

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Tech N9ne View Post
    you can thank your fellow Republicans for the UIGEA law
    But everyone said the Dems would fix the problem though sir.

soli
    soli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22124

Don't they have a political forum this Dem vs GOP bullshyt?

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33450

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    No, nobody said this. I'm not sure if you're trolling or if you are so partisan that you actually believe your own BS, but you're making a straw man argument here.

On the issue of gambling national Democrats are far preferable to national Republicans because:

-banning all betting on college sports is a part of the official Republican platform

-banning all internet gambling is a part of the official Republican platform

-Nevada books can't hang lines on the Olympics as a result of national Republican efforts

-Congressional Republicans are overwhelmingly against legalizing & regulating online poker, whereas the Democrats are split on the issue with more in favor than opposed

-Congressional Democrats authored and passed the bill that delayed the implementation of the UIGEA from 1/19/09 until 6/1/10 despite large scale Republican opposition.

It has never been proposed that Democratic control of government would result in a panacea for gambling laws. What neutral observers have been saying for years is that the Democrats aren't nearly as bad on the issue as Republicans.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: crustyme

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

when did obama ever promise to overturn uigea?

this is like blaming clinton for somalia when it was bush sr who shipped 50,000 troops there without a plan or exit strategy.

plus it's a democrat, barney frank, who has been trying to overturn it without success due to gop opposition.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Sure if they want to repeal the safe ports act which your scumbag party slipped the UIGEA into... what would you right wing nut jobs say then if they did that ?

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    when did obama ever promise to overturn uigea?

this is like blaming clinton for somalia when it was bush sr who shipped 50,000 troops there without a plan or exit strategy.

plus it's a democrat, barney frank, who has been trying to overturn it without success due to gop opposition.
    Liberal at heart here...............

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Damn, another far righty.

We have enough of these BBD.
    Easy gay males..obama is only out to destroy American!
    Go ahead and vote for him...how does the country look now?
    Only going to get worst!

Ethan
    Ethan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Make a fortune by taking foreigners money to fund the deficits

Ethan
    Ethan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Balco10 View Post
    Only going to get worst!
    he won't. he only doesn't know how to fix it

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

BBD, whats your posting quota? Also, Obama has been a failure. But I'm glad I voted for him over McCain/Palin. It looks like I will vote for him again. However, I will give Perry a hard look. You have to vote for the best candidate unfortunately that does not imply that their will be a good candidate. We'll see but I'm pessimistic again

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Obama and the Democrats who had free reign for 2 years didn't even consider overturning UIGEA or not extending the Patriot Act or not continuing fighting wars of aggression in 3rd world countries who never attacked nor threatened America. It is just more of the same. Bush/Cheney......Obama/Biden.......Republican/Democrat......there is no difference. If you want actual change and your freedoms and liberties back then you had better start voting for Ron Paul and the Libertarians scattered across the ballots. Otherwise blue sheep and red sheep will continue to idiotically debate their differences when the only real difference is a facade pulled out of a box of Crayolas.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

This has nothing to do with Republican or Democrat. This has to do with well funded lobbyists.

Jon Kyl--the GOP senator from Arizona vowed to enforce UIGEA to his last breath in office-----he even held up routine judicial appointments until the WH promised him more diligence on UIGEA enforcement. Then, suddenly Gary Loveman, CEO of Ceaser's Entertainment (Who just so happen to own the rights to the WSOP-----went public with his prediction/support for internet poker being legal, regulated and of course, taxed.

Suddenly Kyl dropped his fierce opposition to anything to do with UIGEA. Why? Because Loveman loves him some GOP politicians. He throws money at them like JJ throws cash at cheap hookers. Suddenly, poker is fast tracked to be legalized by the spring.

The Dems had a chance----Barney Frank wanted to crush UIGEA but he never demonstrated the political toughness to get it through. He folded. I am certain, if someone had ponied up, UIGEA would be dead by now.
    Points Awarded:

The Madcap gave MartinBlank 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by Balco10 View Post
    Only going to get worst!
    Watch your mouth lil boy.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Barney Frank is still trying to give every mammal with two legs a house. Regardless of their credit.

he's also trying to find a tight anus

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Watch your mouth lil boy.
    what you going to do

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    Obama and the Democrats who had free reign for 2 years didn't even consider overturning UIGEA or not extending the Patriot Act or not continuing fighting wars of aggression in 3rd world countries who never attacked nor threatened America. It is just more of the same. Bush/Cheney......Obama/Biden.......Republican/Democrat......there is no difference. If you want actual change and your freedoms and liberties back then you had better start voting for Ron Paul and the Libertarians scattered across the ballots. Otherwise blue sheep and red sheep will continue to idiotically debate their differences when the only real difference is a facade pulled out of a box of Crayolas.
    There has to be an answer to solve our problems, but so long as we remain a divided nation it will never be realized - as it is going to take some form of (peaceful) revolution and protests to make any impact. Not just words and complaining. Sad the way we have let television/entertainment and cash ruin what was once a great nation. The only answer I have come up with is to not have any children for big biz and the gov`t to exploit and/or make a soldier of, as I really don`t see things getting better no matter who is in office. Call me a pessimist. You can also call me a twat licker. I LOVE snapper!! Good luck Men.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by nosniboR11 View Post
    what you going to do
    Nos, get the fukk outta here, before I go to Texas and whoop your ass.

P.F.Kasooff
    P.F.Kasooff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

It is just more of the same. Bush/Cheney......Obama/Biden.......Republican/Democrat......there is no difference.

scratbandit
    scratbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 630

Hell move to Canada and you can play poker all you want...

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

Vote Ron Paul

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

This. Solid post.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by hankcream View Post
    Vote Ron Paul

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

maybe ron paul wont win, but it looks like he is truly opening the door for a third party

then things will REALLY change

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

They weren't going to save it, just never had the intention to destroy it.

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post
    This has nothing to do with Republican or Democrat. This has to do with well funded lobbyists.

Jon Kyl--the GOP senator from Arizona vowed to enforce UIGEA to his last breath in office-----he even held up routine judicial appointments until the WH promised him more diligence on UIGEA enforcement. Then, suddenly Gary Loveman, CEO of Ceaser's Entertainment (Who just so happen to own the rights to the WSOP-----went public with his prediction/support for internet poker being legal, regulated and of course, taxed.

Suddenly Kyl dropped his fierce opposition to anything to do with UIGEA. Why? Because Loveman loves him some GOP politicians. He throws money at them like JJ throws cash at cheap hookers. Suddenly, poker is fast tracked to be legalized by the spring.

The Dems had a chance----Barney Frank wanted to crush UIGEA but he never demonstrated the political toughness to get it through. He folded. I am certain, if someone had ponied up, UIGEA would be dead by now.

Somebody who understands the game.

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

As martin points out, it all comes down to money.

Anti-gambling lobbies do exist. They are funded in large part by Christian organizations and (believe it or not) certain organized crime syndicates. These groups also donate large funds to GOP lawmakers. You replace the GOP's need to kiss a bunch of evangelical ass and you remove the hindrances to legalized gambling.
    Last edited by The Madcap; 09-09-11 at 01:24 AM.