crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

garrard had the same qb rating as matt ryan and drew brees while higher rating than eli manning and jay cutler last season.

he can't even compete for a starting job with another team since rosters have pretty much been set. he must've cornholed one of his daughters for him to do him like that.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

WOW, shocking move. Yes, this situation smells like what they did with Leftwich, but that was so the heir apparent could start. This is just stupid. In the NFL you want to win games. Luke McCown has been a journeyman at best. You don't cut your starter so a guy that likely will fail, will fail, only to make it easier to tranisition to your projected future. Also, not only is Garrard a top team leader, he's one of the toughest S O Bs in the NFL. He also understands how to stay in the pocket, in spite of reasonably good athleticism - he's the perfect mentor to Gabbert. McCown? That's just conceeding that you want to lose a ton so you don't look stupid moving to Gabbert.

What a piss poor move by the Jags management. On the surface, this is a horrible decision, although they've let a lot of starter veterans walk recently. There's got to be more to this story. It's disrespect to cut a guy right now that is capable of being a solid NFL starter this close to the season starting. It seems to me that this was the plan all along, so that way he will have a tougher time finding a team to land on, and also get revenge against the Jags this year.

There's a lot of teams he would be a big upgrade over had he had an entire camp to learn the playbook. I can think of more than 5 teams that coulda signed him before the preseason. Right now? You have to think Oakland, SF, Wash, Miami are the 4 teams he can start day 1. Heck, with Manning out, he'd be a good fit in Indy, but that is decided already with Collins.
    Damn, what a bush move to pull on your team leader.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dax, and bb_skoots

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

As a lifelong Jacksonville resident and Jaguar fan I say......Good riddance to that sorry ass QB. He was never good. His biggest problem was he couldnt find ways to win games unless you want to count his completely lucky hail mary pass to beat the Texans last season. We need a QB that will find ways to win games. Garrard was not the guy. Nice guy but turd of an NFL QB. Im pretty excited about Luke getting the nod. He has looked good in preseason action.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

What will new line be?

My local still has +3.5 / +135 ml. May jump on now.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1515

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    What will new line be?

I just grabbed me some Tits on the ML. What the hell.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1515

And it's dropping.

Titans favs by game time.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Under will be the play

And in reality this move doesn't affect that.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Quote Originally Posted by P.F.Kasooff View Post
    -FH- will buy back

YUP

79% or so....................

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    garrard had the same qb rating as matt ryan and drew brees while higher rating than eli manning and jay cutler last season.

he can't even compete for a starting job with another team since rosters have pretty much been set. he must've cornholed one of his daughters for him to do him like that.
    Not for nothing but Kerry Collins is starting for the colts for at least a week With no working knowledge of their offense. There are enough terrible qb's that he could step in and be equally as bad at worst.

iifold will the NFL allow garrard to step in for tarvarararis? Equal trade

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

glad i didnt take thomas on my fantasy. Who's mjd backup?

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    What will new line be?

+1.5 / +102 now.

First 12