mwl
    mwl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 618

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Beck is more consistent but Rex has much more upside if you want to contend for a title you have to go with him, and yes the Redskins can definitely make the playoffs ad then anything can happen.
    Beck has more upside because of his ability to throw on the run (and mobility), which is key in Shanahan's offense. With that being said, I think they made the right decision going with Rex. Beck needs more time to grasp the playbook, while Rex is very comfortable with it.

Rex is on a short leash. Expect Beck's name to be called after a several bone head Rex INTs.

"**** it, I'm going deep!"

-Rex

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

redskins are a major sleeper. tough division but their 1-2 punch at RB is 2 very highly effective relative unknowns. torrain and hightower. i would love to find redskins over 9 wins at +490
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Nats' Fan

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is not really a good QB
    Wash is just average again
    They lose 1st game against Giants and season is over

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Grossman is terrible. It doesn't matter that he had a good preseason, when he has to deal with blitzes, hard press coverage, crowd noise, and the other pressures of the regular season, he will return to his turnover-machine ways.

Glitch

if nothing else- grossman has a huge arm. dont get me wrong- i have disliked this guy as a football player for a long long time but we're gonna establish the run then hit moss, hankerson and cooley deep. the whole team might be injured by week 7 but they're gonna go balls to the wall. they're fighters.

maybe you shouldnt bet on them but i would strongly advise against betting against them.
    Last edited by Glitch; 09-06-11 at 11:47 PM. Reason: spelling

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    if nothing else- grossman has a huge arm. dont get me wrong- i have disliked this guy as a football player for a long long time but we're gonna establish the run then hit moss, hankerson and cooley deep. the whole team might be injured by week 7 but they're gonna go balls to the wall. they're fighters.

maybe you shouldnt bet on them but i would strongly advise against betting against them.
    Grossman won't have time to throw the ball deep, and Moss and Cooley aren't great deep targets in the first place. Cooley might be a top ten TE tops.

But it's good to know your team has "heart" and are "fighters". Those are great objective measurements. I'm sure the other 31 teams in the NFL will loaf around and not give a crap about winning. If that happens, the 'skins might scratch out 8-8.

Jive
    Jive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

The Redskins win at least 8 games this year. Remember I told you this, and give me points after it comes to pass.

And if you really can't believe the Redskins "benched and booted" McNabb, you obviously didn't watch him play last season. Or the few years before that in Philly, for that matter. There is a reason that the Eagles gladly shipped McNabb to a division rival, and it isn't because good ol' Donovan is still a good QB. The fact that they were willing to make that trade should have told the Redskins it was an awful idea.

mattsolt8228
    mattsolt8228's Avatar Become A Pro!

i agree shanahan is out of his mind....starting grossman...starting hightower...delusional in his old age

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Redskins start of 2-0. You heard it here first.

Glitch

Quote Originally Posted by icancount2one View Post
    Grossman won't have time to throw the ball deep, and Moss and Cooley aren't great deep targets in the first place. Cooley might be a top ten TE tops.

But it's good to know your team has "heart" and are "fighters". Those are great objective measurements. I'm sure the other 31 teams in the NFL will loaf around and not give a crap about winning. If that happens, the 'skins might scratch out 8-8.
    1. moss is a serious deep threat
    2. cooley is strong in the middle and requires a lot of safety attention
    3. that kid from miami is fast with great hands
    4. thats not what i was saying that they will try to win and the other teams will not- i am talking about launching bodies with disregard for health and well-being.
    5. you dont know shit about the redskins...check out their last year and preseason offensive numbers, then go watch some highlights of ryan torain...then come back and hate.

SWBET
    SWBET's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not sure what Shannies plan is here. Sexy Rexy is awful but Beck isn't much better.

mwl

Quote Originally Posted by mattsolt8228 View Post
    i agree shanahan is out of his mind....starting grossman...starting hightower...delusional in his old age
    Hightower has been a beast all pre-season vs 1st team defenses. Hightower is built for the Zone Blocking Scheme Shanahan runs - 1 cut and get up field. He also can catch out of the backfield. Shanahan has always used a multi pronged running attack - expect a dose of torain and helu as well. Why would he start Beck, whom Grossman clearly outplayed in the preseason? Like I said, Grossman will be on a short leash but at this point he's ahead of Beck in experience and knowledge of the offense.

mwl

2. cooley is strong in the middle and requires a lot of safety attention
    4. thats not what i was saying that they will try to win and the other teams will not- i am talking about launching bodies with disregard for health and well-being.
    5. you dont know shit about the redskins...check out their last year and preseason offensive numbers, then go watch some highlights of ryan torain...then come back and hate.
    You make OK points but #3 is off. "That kid," Leonard Hankerson, will not see the field. He's even listed behind 5th round draft pick Niles Paul on the depth chart. I believe Hankerson will be a star one day but he has a long way to go.

Glitch

shanahans a dumb **** but im sure even he knows they HAVE TO get this in the lineup:

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

guy on tv talking about how good the skins are going to be, says will be surprise
    good teaser play this week

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

any qb named sexy should start, it doesn't matter if they win games it is irrelevant. sex sells and that is all that matters.

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Redskins +3 is the play this week. The Giants have no business being favored on the road against a division foe considering all the key injuries they have.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by gshock1 View Post
    Redskins +3 is the play this week. The Giants have no business being favored on the road against a division foe considering all the key injuries they have.
    Good post. I know I trashed the Redskins earlier in the thread, but nevertheless this is a great spot to pull an upset.

Glitch

decided right now im gonna give him a chance and not hate. thats my quarterback.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8466

as a redskins fan, disagree with these two. While Moss may still have speed, he is no longer the deep threat on the team, I can't even remember the last time he ran an all out go route. AA is a burner and their "deep threat" these days. Moss has become a very underrated possession receiver the past couple years and surely doesn't mind going across the middle like alot of receivers do. They seem to put him in a position where he can gets some YAC on quick slants and the like most of the time.

And as far as Hankerson is concerned, great hands is not something I would use when describing him. He has a serious case of the dropsies and it was a known problem at Miami, along with anyone paying any attention to training camp. He does make some spectacular catches as shown in the highlights, but he is extremely inconsistent, even had a few easy drops in the preseason which is why he is listed way down the depth chart. I think he changed his gloves 2-3 times during the past month because of his drops, I can tell you it's not the gloves but a mental problem because someone who makes some of the catches he has made shouldn't drop so many passes. Think he will get passed it though. The sleeper receiver is Terrance Austin though, catches everything and runs great routes, definitely deserved his spot this year and I can't wait to see him get some good PT this season.

Glitch

moss not only still has his speed but also cunning to get the separation that makes him so open so often. but if you dont believe hes a deep thread then how about armstrong??? guys legit.

we have receivers for the first time in a long time is the point. and you'll be surprised about moss. he DOES still have his speed. moss, armstrong, donte stallworth, gaffney (denver), austin, hankerson. plus a decent little stable of RBs including hightower who can catch it out of the backfield.

-austin and hankerson are going to be great additions to this developing offense. RB depth chart is a little F*cked up but they'll figure that out. this will imspire/remind you maybe:

Glitch

with the way rex throws- we'll HAVE TO run some long routes- he just like flicks the ball in your general direction, going to get picked off a lot dinking and dunking.

but we have guys that can handle that. besides the young guys that arent really goiing to play much at first.

Glitch

armstrong, davis, moss...getting it done.

this might sound stupid but i was glad rex pulled those balls down and took some sacks. very good decision making skills hes showing.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Coach Shanny might have some magic still left.

Jive
    Jive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 142

Grossman showed guts passing up an easy first down on the 4th down play, instead going to the endzone for the touchdown. A miss there and the Redskins lose.

Even with Grossman (who is criticized more than he should be) they have a good team and now they are catching a bunch of breaks with the schedule. This will be a good game coming up against Dallas. The Cowboys could be seriously banged up, giving Washington a chance in a spot where I'd ordinarily think they would lose by a 3-7 pts. I've been saying Washington is an 8 win or more team, and if they keep catching breaks they could reach 10.

Nats' Fan
    Nats' Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 301

Redskins, baby!!

First 12