Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Centrebet cheats player on in-game wager (Video)

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

What a disgusting response from them.

hanziman
    hanziman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1659

nice work justin

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Evidence is pretty comprehensive.

Player must be spewing. Good report Justin

robzilla
    An SBR Legend.
    robzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

Good report

brettels
    brettels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Even if the bet was accepted at the time it was placed, player would have lost money. I do see where the bookie has gone wrong though, very dodgy dealings indeed.

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

What was the outcome of the match?

Justin7

Quote Originally Posted by Masu485 View Post
    What was the outcome of the match?
    The player's wager won. But he immediately called to cancel it. He could have bet it at much, much higher odds once the match was tied.

We recommended that Centerbet pay the player at the new live odds after the goal was scored. They declined, insisting that they handled the dispute in good faith.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Wow.

That certainly changed my opinion about trusting big bookies to do the right thing.

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Amazing how otherwise solid books become total scam artists when it comes to live betting.

I think sometimes too much is with the discretion of the individual live trader, and they have profit targets to meet......

Boxer300
    Boxer300's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

I am shocked at their response. Unacceptable indeed... stay away from this book. Good work Justin.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good report

Dont know if live wagering is automated or live person on other end
    2500 is nothing to them

Also no idea what rules are with live wagering, when does a bet become void??

Best case scenario maybe bad line and void wager

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

justin is the best at this

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

The final score on the match was 2-1 Benfica. So if Arsenal had won, would they have paid out? After some of the dealings I've had with this book, I doubt it.

Good work Justin7. Fingers crossed he gets his money back

koz-man
    Medula Oblongata
    koz-man's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11971

hats off ya Justin nice to know someones got our backs.

trade88
    trade88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Interesting report Justin.

It doesn't look good for Centrebet but one part of the bettor's argument is questionable. To claim that the goal was scored at that exact second seems a bit far-fetched. Are the game officials that precise when starting the match? I doubt it. Whose to say that the clocks at the game and CentreBet were in sync?

Also, for you live-game bettors... how concerned are you with your 'live' game feeds being delayed by a few seconds? I've been led to believe this is the case with most cable feeds. Not sure about satellite.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

They started out as a really promising book. Only in the last couple of years have they gone down hill.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by trade88 View Post
    To claim that the goal was scored at that exact second seems a bit far-fetched. Are the game officials that precise when starting the match? I doubt it. Whose to say that the clocks at the game and CentreBet were in sync?
    That's why books have a hang time when they're accepting live bets to allow for any delays from their transmission.

The fact that the market was suspended while his bet was in "hang time" is proof enough that something had happened in the game for the odds to be pulled down and readjusted. Let alone that the market was suspended 12 seconds before they accepted his bet. Considering pre-match the odds were around Benfica +125 Arsenal +186, to accept the wager at -200 after a suspended market where the favourite has now tied the match back up is just wrong. No one in their right mind would take the dog at -200 in a tied match unless the other team were playing down men for example.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Justin... great work as always! Stick to your guns on this one. There's no doubt that the player was right. The player AT LEAST deserves his wager refunded.

skrtelfan
    skrtelfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3337

Quote Originally Posted by trade88 View Post
    Interesting report Justin.

It doesn't look good for Centrebet but one part of the bettor's argument is questionable. To claim that the goal was scored at that exact second seems a bit far-fetched. Are the game officials that precise when starting the match? I doubt it. Whose to say that the clocks at the game and CentreBet were in sync?
    If it was a difference of 5 or 10 seconds, you may have a point, but the difference was something like 68 or 78 seconds. There's simply no legitimate reason for a book to delay a live bet that long.

Also, for you live-game bettors... how concerned are you with your 'live' game feeds being delayed by a few seconds? I've been led to believe this is the case with most cable feeds. Not sure about satellite.
    Most digital cable feeds are about 4-5 seconds behind an over the air broadcast. I believe it has to do with translating the signal into a format the TV can interpret or something like that. I've been on the phone with a friend of mine without cable watching the same game, and he's usually several seconds ahead of me.

Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Radio, and sometimes even internet radio, is ahead of cable TV.

That's why in the good old days you could make a decent return travelling around racetracks, tennis tournaments etc.

pjesnik24
    kicked out
    pjesnik24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13320

centrebet livebetting sucks (for same reasons as doxx and globet) because they refer everything over 10euro to a trader who waits as long as possible and then accepts the bet. Same thing happened to me but for 100 euro (actually it was Arsenal game as well hehehe) so I never bothered to complain. I was betting on under 1.5 goals close to the end of the game and the bet was referred to a trader and Arsenal scored 2:0 and few seconds later it was accepted. Their response was that they would have accepted it anyway which may or may not be true. I do not know because that was my last bet with them. Doxx however, accepted 1000 euro bet after the goal was scored in my favour and never cancelled it. Of course, I did not complain here, but I still stopped livebetting as I find it unfair. My advice is to avoid any livebetting where you have to wait for some manual decision. I remember that centrebet needs up to 4 minutes to decide whether to accept a bet or not on a livegame and that brings them in to an extremelly favourable position. if the odds moved against me, it was always accepted for full amoung but if the odds moved for me it was declined or I was offered 10 euro or something like that.
    AVOID CENTREBET livebetting

pjesnik24
    kicked out
    pjesnik24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13320

Quote Originally Posted by brettels View Post
    Even if the bet was accepted at the time it was placed, player would have lost money. I do see where the bookie has gone wrong though, very dodgy dealings indeed.
    this may be true, but if he had bet on the "who will score the next goal" I am sure the Benfica bet would not be accepted. Centrebet became really shady in the last few years. Not really sure what happened to them

in play, run(s)
    in play, run(s)'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Quote Originally Posted by brettels View Post
    Even if the bet was accepted at the time it was placed, player would have lost money.

Great, and I mean great argument. Books can just wait for the outcome of a pending wager and then decide whether to accept or reject it. Accepting losing wagers is perfectly OK then, because the player would have lost anyway

It's quite obvious you have absolutely no experience with live betting, or you'd know what Centrebet did wrong and why.

borgsta
    borgsta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3230

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    The player's wager won. But he immediately called to cancel it. He could have bet it at much, much higher odds once the match was tied.

We recommended that Centerbet pay the player at the new live odds after the goal was scored. They declined, insisting that they handled the dispute in good faith.
    His wager lost. Benfica won that match 2-1

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by borgsta View Post
    His wager lost. Benfica won that match 2-1
    easy, buddy... others have been slapped with infractions for stating the obvious and correcting this great author ...

shitty call by the book btw...simply needs to withdraw his money and go elsewhere

GAMBLOR777
    GAMBLOR777's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice work justin, it's good to know we got guys like you on our side.

ronibrown
    ronibrown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice one but can do nothing. Most will do just that unfortunately

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Places like Centrbet are so big and make tons of money they do not care what anyone thinks

They just keep getting new customers all the time

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Places like Centrbet are so big and make tons of money they do not care what anyone thinks They just keep getting new customers all the time
    It doesn't help that Sportingbet bought them out in May. It was bad enough before but now that Sportingbet owns them it's only going to get worse.

Justin7

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    It doesn't help that Sportingbet bought them out in May. It was bad enough before but now that Sportingbet owns them it's only going to get worse.
    Link?

shari91

borgsta
    borgsta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3230

yep as shari said its just going to get worse. Still staggered by their "IDGAF" approach to this complaint.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Centrebet is not a good book anymore for months or maybe even years now...

jonorussell
    jonorussell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

That's pretty poor from centrebet.

However I will say that for me they are still the safest book for Australians to play at.

Been with them 8+ years and never an issue with payouts. Wagers get graded almost instantly. Average odds but thousands of sports and options to bet on.

Overall I would say a B to B+ seems right for centrebet.