Santo
    Santo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

I'm glad you got it resolved. I wouldn't have a problem sending it though -- there's nothing additional they gain from that than from the ID you're already sending them.

noyb
    noyb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6821

Quote Originally Posted by BAUS View Post
    What if a person gets into some sort of terrible accident or fire and their face is permanently disfigured and no longer looks the same as the photo on the ID?

BAUS
    get a new ID obviously.

affest
    affest's Avatar Become A Pro!

Give it, i think they will be responsible in keeping it private

Scooter
    Scooter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2064

"Unfortunately we were unable to approve your documents as these are cropped. We need un-cropped copies of all your documents.

By un-cropped we mean that we need to see the full image of the documents even the empty paper on the sides. Any document that has been cropped will not be accepted."

This does absolutely nothing - Photoshopping can be done within a complete document as easily as a cropped document.
    This is just plain dumb. It seems more like a delaying tactic.

Likewise if someone has a false Driver's License with their real photo on it, what point is there to holding the fake document right next to their face?

If it's the only way to get one's funds (without major hassles) I guess I'd do it, but then I'd withdraw completely and let them know why.

There is a constant encroachment on one's privacy, and there are many reasons to resist this in general - businesses are routinely scanning ID into their computers, and it will only get worse if people don't fight it.

Businesses (such as Doctor's offices) that say they don't scan it, they just print a photocopy, are actually almost as bad.
    The large office copiers have hard drives. "60 Minutes" purchased a few used copiers from a company, then had the hard drives removed and looked at the contents - Names, Addresses, CC numbers, Driver's Licenses with photos, complete private medical records, etc.

Simply saying "What's the problem, unless you have something to hide", is at best naive.

Businesses which insist on making a copy of my ID simply don't get my business.
    If they need it, they're welcome to copy it.
    If that's not good enough for them, I walk.
    Last edited by Scooter; 09-04-11 at 05:10 PM.
    Points Awarded:

BAUS gave Scooter 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Scooter

Quote Originally Posted by affest View Post
    Give it, i think they will be responsible in keeping it private
    This is the sort of passivity that lets these abuses continue to get worse.
    Last edited by Scooter; 09-04-11 at 05:21 PM.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Do they do this for everybody? Or did you just set something off on their radar which made them request this?

Scooter

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    This is the sort of passivity that lets these abuses continue to get worse.
    Affest - Sorry to single you out on this.
    I went back to my post yesterday to delete it but it was too late.

Given the circumstances the OP described, I can understand why you and several others thought the best way to deal with it was to go along with what Canbet was demanding.

But personally I agree with senor 112 - "you have to go in war sometimes".

First 12