Betpoints: 26811

once a month during football and basketball seasons

and it also stated they will be sending out a newsletter twice a month now

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

Quote Originally Posted by philswin View Post
    Lowered the max from $500 to $300. Not to happy about that
    that was expected with the company most likely tripling in size overnight.

one of the downfalls of the betjam and greek players going to the heritage is it hurts the existing Heritage players that already used the book daily.

to be honest i wish it would have never happened.

philswin
    philswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4640

They used to do these twice a month $500 max now it looks like once a month at $300 max. Also was at 7% juice now 8%. Heritage going from a great book to a very good book. Still Heritage and 5Dimes (reduced juice) are still the best bets in the industry.

pokerplayer22
    pokerplayer22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post

one of the downfalls of the betjam and greek players going to the heritage is it hurts the existing Heritage players that already used the book daily.

Agreed...but $300 is still better than nothing. And i think that come the middle of football season, they may still do it more than once a month.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Me too. Nothing gained from it. Juice went from -107 to -108 and this sweet promo was cut to 60% value.

Of course it was hard to maintain, but would it be too much to ask that Heritage members from before the change still get the old deal(s)?

crazyfied
    crazyfied's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 518

at least they still offer it. They could have easilystop all their perks

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10419

I'm sure that most of the Greek/Jam players wished they were still where they were too.Everybody that pisses and moans about what specials they lost should understand that us Greek/Jam players lost a shitload too.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

spot on.

Heritage will become like every other craptastic oversized book. They lost everything they had going for them with the country club feel of playing there.

eyeball
    eyeball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

Yes, now they are go to loose their VIP treatment for those that were there before 'Greek"..

Just like any other book now

BigDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by MBENZ View Post
    I'm sure that most of the Greek/Jam players wished they were still where they were too.Everybody that pisses and moans about what specials they lost should understand that us Greek/Jam players lost a shitload too.
    thats not my point.

i used both of those books as well daily and will really miss both of them.

betjam allowed some very nice +ev wagers during football season that all other A+ books do not allow

BigDaddy

BTW i am not complaining as i am grateful for what heritage offers us players.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    They lost everything they had going for them with the country club feel of playing there.
    Still a great book, but yes, that super special element may be gone. And it can be argued that they risked losing exactly what made them different from all others. Will that happen? I hope not. Yet it's hard not to notice a change in attention to detail. Anyway, they're still adjusting. The new members seem happy, so that was taken care of. Give it another month to see if they can keep the old members as happy as they were before. They've earned a lot of credit over time, so give them some credit back during this big transition.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16937

My main concern is are they going to have enough staff to handle the halftime cancelations? It was difficult a few times last year with long hold times. As far as the drop to $300, it's still a free shot. I am also very thankful for all the Heritage perks.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Still a great book, but yes, that super special element may be gone. And it can be argued that they risked losing exactly what made them different from all others. Will that happen? I hope not. Yet it's hard not to notice a change in attention to detail. Anyway, they're still adjusting. The new members seem happy, so that was taken care of. Give it another month to see if they can keep the old members as happy as they were before. They've earned a lot of credit over time, so give them some credit back during this big transition.
    They lost the personal touch. Guys like Murphy and John were very good with customers, and you got the feeling they knew you, and took care of you... all these new clerks have no idea who the fukk we are, and just go by the book.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    My main concern is are they going to have enough staff to handle the halftime cancelations? It was difficult a few times last year with long hold times. As far as the drop to $300, it's still a free shot. I am also very thankful for all the Heritage perks.
    Sure, but there are some of us who expressed concern about taking on all those Greek players, and we were told that nothing would change and that it would be business as usual. Nothing may have changed, but I just saw the juice go from -107 to -108 and their best promo cut to 60%. Also, emails that always received a quick response are suddenly ignored. So things have changed already. And so far not one of those changes has been positive. They're still good. That's not the point. The point is that they carved out such a special spot for themselves that it may not be possible to maintain that unusually high level with all these new members. Too late now, but really wish some other book had taken over those Greek accounts. Any book but Heritage...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BigDaddy

relaaxx
    relaaxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13942

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    you can now cancel the wager online at half time. huge great change.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

yeahn 9ts very bad...they shouldn't offer it at all..thats bad

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21593

How does this work? I mean if all of their customers do this and every is jamming their phone lines during a 15 minute halftime to cancel...? Or can you cancel online?

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26811

you cancel online now

hanziman
    hanziman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1659

is it really as simple as it sounds? so if ur team is down 30-17 at half you can just cancel the wager?

philswin
    philswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4640

Quote Originally Posted by hanziman View Post
    is it really as simple as it sounds? so if ur team is down 30-17 at half you can just cancel the wager?
    yes and you can also hedge your bet with a halftime line and try to middle it, hit that twice last year.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16937

Quote Originally Posted by relaaxx View Post
    you can now cancel the wager online at half time. huge great change.
    Didn't hear about that as I haven't received my newsletter yet. You're right, that would be a great option.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90264

I feel exactly the same. I've noticed live chat is all delay and non personal now.

princecharles
    princecharles's Avatar Become A Pro!

thats not my point.

i used both of those books as well daily and will really miss both of them.

betjam allowed some very nice +ev wagers during football season that all other A+ books do not allow

Hey BigDaddy,
    May I ask you please for some examples of those good plays from Betjam? Here or PM me please.

I want to learn and also I think I can find them for you elsewhere W/a high rated book.
    Thanks man