milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

take MLB ROAD teams +155

the big home favorites (giants/dodgers/white sox) don't have the kind of offenses that score big.
    on the contrary, though, the big road favorites (phillies/yankees) can throw a double digit number out there to help out.

if nothing else you have action on all the games to make tonight interesting, and you can always get bailed out with a big road team late if it's behind. although i will have to root for the cubs (ugh!)...

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like your reasoning, but do you really think these things werent taken into account when the line was set?

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

im definitley into fading the giants....and i dunno what is up with eithier....but ive been making alot of money tailing kershaw....but yer right..im probably gonna stop now.....i like the sox though...buerhle at home(and ive been making a killing fading the twins)...white sox still hoping to make a last ditch run at the division

Swipe317
    Swipe317's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 124

I don't like the Phils tonight, NO TEAM hits lefties better than cinci, Hamels 2-3 after the all-star break, dealing with shoulder problems.,gave up 3er over 6IP last outing vs Cinci... However Homer Bailey is incredibly bad.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    I like your reasoning, but do you really think these things werent taken into account when the line was set?
    yes i really think these things weren't taken into account. pretty much what happens is they total the 13 games' spreads and make a road/home line based on that. so a -167 home line for the dodgers is given about the same weight as a -172 road line for the yankees when it is exponentially more likely that the yankees win by 6 or more runs.

these things are so soft my $200 bet made it move from +155 down to +150 at youwager