jimk6969
    Update your status
    jimk6969's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11621

NFL Kick-off poll

what do you think about moving the kick-off back
    not good for over bets?
    unless you bet saints/raiders over 38
    maybe i'm wrong might not affect total score?

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Where's the poll, guy?

jimk6969
    Update your status
    jimk6969's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11621

waiting for answers just a straw poll
    no $ money involved
    but i will throw 20pts to best reply

Swipe317
    Swipe317's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 124

I think scoring will go down slightly but total yardage is going to increase noticeably. Tom Brady, Brees, Manning etc working with ~4 more yards per drive. Could add a couple hundred yards to passing, and running totals for good offensive teams around the league...

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Won't matter, the people setting the lines know more than you, if anything public overreaction will be better for overs.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by gryfyn1 View Post
    Won't matter, the people setting the lines know more than you, if anything public overreaction will be better for overs.
    hell half the public won't even figure out that it's changed til about week 4

league tried to balance the 5 yard head start rule to give the coverage less of a head start but these kickers aren't like they were 20 years ago....50 yd fg is nothing to most kickers anymore...shocking that the league didn't see that coming

josh cribbs said the rule will be changed by or before beginning of next year....im gonna say that they do something with the balls used on kickoffs before then....sorta like the humidor in coors field

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

It'll probably be like this for this season but I bet the owners vote to move it back to the 30 for next season.

Why... Because we will see more 17-14 kind of games rather than 28-17 games and Joe Public loves high scoring games and the kickoff gives teams TDs and excellent field position, which results in more scoring.

For the most part the ball will get kicked deep into the endzone or out of bounds. There is talk that there will be more squib or onside kicks (which are probably more detrimental to player safety than the traditional kick off), but I doubt that will happen and coaches will play it safe and at most will try to do high kicks to pin teams back.

If the owners were really concerned with player safety because they believe kick offs are too dangerous they should eradicate the play altogether and have teams just start from the 20 yard line instead of this idea about limiting it or because the kickoff return might happen sometimes.
    Points Awarded:

jimk6969 gave DeluxeLiner 20 SBR Point(s) for this post.