slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6111

Manny Pacquiao overlooks Amir Khan to book third Timothy Bradley fight in April 2016

Manny Pacquiao will return to boxing to face American Timothy Bradley for a third time after overlooking Amir Khan.

The duo will square off on 9 April at the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas - the venue of their two previous meetings - in what was initially expected to be the Filipino's final fight.
    The clash will represent Pacquiao's first competitive appearance since losing by a unanimous decision to Floyd Mayweather last May.
    The 37-year-old has since undergone shoulder surgery which has delayed his comeback.
    Bradley claimed a controversial victory in June 2012 before Pacquiao won the rematch less than two years later.
    Khan was among the contenders to face Pacquiao - with the pair's personal relationship understood to be potentially key to striking a deal.
    But Top Rank chief Bob Arum says television company HBO was not keen on a bout featuring the 2004 Olympic silver medallist.
    "What [HBO] said was how Amir Khan didn't resonate with them at all," Arum told the Las Vegas Review Journal.
    "Yeah, he would do some pay-per-view business in England, but they didn't think he was an attraction in the United States."
    Arum added to Reuters: "I'm not going to sell it [the fight] as that [Pacquiao's last] because I don't want everybody to say, 'Hey, it's his last fight, come and see it!' and then it turns out that it's not his last fight.
    "Who the hell knows with these guys? They all change their minds so I'm not selling it as his last fight. He says it's his last fight but who the hell knows?"

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxin...5hSl?li=AA572I

StatePenn
    StatePenn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

MGM Grand might have trouble selling out again though Pac will bring a lot of Filipino fans for his last fight. Boxing better bring in some superstar talent or we will never see a mega fight at the new AEG. May need to go back to the days of fights in convention rooms rather than large arenas. Also, why would anyone pay the PPV fees for this fight, put it on NBC or CBS and call it a day. So what will be the mega fight for 2016 after the Kentucky Derby as Alvarez and Cotto rematch will not cut it. Derby day has traditionally been one of the biggest fight days.

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Timothy Bradley is a more dangerous opponent than Amir Khan imo.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Paq had nothing to do with choosing Bradley, he's just a good prostitute

Indeep
    Indeep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3292

I've got nothing against Bradley, he always comes prepared to fight, but he lost both previous fights by a wide margin. Who would want to watch this fight? Payday for Manny, nothing else.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

all set up for Pac /May II

Its actually a done deal

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

The only person who thinks Khan deserves a payday against Pac or Floyd is Khan. Guy had the chance years ago and got knocked the fuk out multiple times. Have zero interest in watching Pac/Bradley 3 but at least Bradley comes to fight and is a good guy who deserves the big check.

I don't think Floyd/Pac 2 happens but I could see Floyd go for 50-0 against Broner in the fall.

Jetsfan
    Update your status
    Jetsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10090

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    The only person who thinks Khan deserves a payday against Pac or Floyd is Khan. Guy had the chance years ago and got knocked the fuk out multiple times. Have zero interest in watching Pac/Bradley 3 but at least Bradley comes to fight and is a good guy who deserves the big check.

I don't think Floyd/Pac 2 happens but I could see Floyd go for 50-0 against Broner in the fall.
    More excited to listen to Teddy Atlas in the corner.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sq2figwIX9s" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

mirinquads
    Eat my enormous ballsack boys
    mirinquads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7742

Lol, dude is scaring Bradley half to death

"Please coach can i just get back out and fight this dude?"

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14516

I can understand passing on Khan, but why Bradley again?

mirinquads

Quote Originally Posted by Reload View Post
    I can understand passing on Khan, but why Bradley again?
    Because he kicked his ass 2x?

Indeep

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Lol, dude is scaring Bradley half to death

"Please coach can i just get back out and fight this dude?"
    Yup, Teddy playing to the cameras again. One of the boxing podcasts I listen to predicted he would do this before the fight. Wish I could have bet on that. Bradley is looking at him like, I pay this guy for this?

mirinquads

Which podcast?^ Only found one I thought where good, but I haven't been looking very hard

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan View Post
    More excited to listen to Teddy Atlas in the corner.

That was pretty good pep talk

Fighting all a game now
    nobody is retiring until money dries up

mirinquads

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    That was pretty good pep talk

Fighting all a game now
    nobody is retiring until money dries up
    I'd love to shove my testicles in your mouth JJ.

jjgold

Paq/Mayweather of course is happening

Mayweather spends too much money

He has to keep fighting

Indeep

Quote Originally Posted by mirinquads View Post
    Which podcast?^ Only found one I thought where good, but I haven't been looking very hard
    Ring Theory, In the Corner Boxing Radio, and HBO Boxing podcast are my 3 favorites. There was another called the Ropes on the ESPN Grantland site, but ESPN discontinued the site, and it hasn't resurfaced.