Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think he will win

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

It will be hard for him to win the nomination because some of the things he wants to do his party doesn't agree with.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

The Republicans won't give him the nomintation. Period.

Doug
    Doug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1298

I agree, he won't get the nod, I might actually register to vote if he did.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Non-big gov candidates have a chance when the internet exceeds the influence of traditional media IMO. A lot of our parents are starting to use the internet heavily vs 4 years ago. The less of the old timer repubs watching Fox News the sooner he has a chance. If not this year, I think one of his sons will run in 2016 and replay his message.

Quote Originally Posted by ABEHONEST View Post
    I wish serious minded citizens would awaken to his call. Sure he can be elected, but he needs help. If those voters that keep repeating "he can't win," would all vote for Paul; he's in like Flynn.

Poor, dumb, young people [okay, the real dumb ones] listen to too much political garbage and believe it! That is a major issure for an underdog like Paul!
    Wake up! You do not have to be obligated to vote for one Party's candidate. In reality, that is pure stupidity.

Anyone who votes a straight ticket, is practically mindless.

QUESTION ...Why is Ron Paul the only man to state unequivocally, "get all our troops home asap?"
    There are other folks like Gary Johnson but Ron Paul has gotten traction because he talks and predicts the financial issues in congress.

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    so when obummer started did he have a chance?

a very very junior senator with zero credibility

its all about the press and who they embrace
    Right. He set up Ron pretty good showing that smooth talking politicians with no record don't do what they say. Who knows, maybe he'll make some noise this year.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33414

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Non-big gov candidates have a chance when the internet exceeds the influence of traditional media IMO. A lot of our parents are starting to use the internet heavily vs 4 years ago. The less of the old timer repubs watching Fox News the sooner he has a chance. If not this year, I think one of his sons will run in 2016 and replay his message.

There are other folks like Gary Johnson but Ron Paul has gotten traction because he talks and predicts the financial issues in congress.

Right. He set up Ron pretty good showing that smooth talking politicians with no record don't do what they say. Who knows, maybe he'll make some noise this year.
    The above post is an example of why I think libertarianism is more of a religion than a political philosophy. Many libertarians operate under the premise that once people are exposed to their point of view they will be converted. However, it's a safe bet that increased internet use or increased promotion of the libertarian cause will not lead to large scale popularity because the principles libertarians take on faith (government regulation doesn't work, budgets should always be balanced, etc.) are often either wildly unpopular and/or disprovable.

In the US "big government" programs like social security and federal student loans have enormous popularity that will not be changed by people clicking on a Rand Paul website. There is too much public goodwill for these programs, and most learned people would argue rightly so.

Libertarian zealotry about laissez faire economics (which is largely unpopular) will not undo the situations in which laissez faire economics leads to disastrous results. For example, in markets that contain finite resources, libertarian policies virtually guarantee the destruction of that market because it only takes one participant acting in his or her own best interest to deplete the resource. This has been proven in game theory studies that produce repeatable results, and it compliments real world observation and data. People who aren't libertarians won't be convinced that these economic facts are false. People who are libertarians will keep on preaching the cause in spite of them.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    The Republicans won't give him the nomintation. Period.

Sad, but true.

He should be the ideal "Tea Party" candidate.

No such thing -- instead, they hitch their wagon to dummies like Palin and/or Bachmann. Have to be a "rock star" these days.

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

The scene with Ron Paul in Bruno is great.

"That guy's queerer than the blazes. He took his clothes off. Let's get goin'. He's queer, he's crazy, he put a hit on me and took his clothes off."

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Then non-Libertarian principles America has lived by for the past century sure have worked out well....

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

The above post is an example of why I think libertarianism is more of a religion than a political philosophy. Many libertarians operate under the premise that once people are exposed to their point of view they will be converted. However, it's a safe bet that increased internet use or increased promotion of the libertarian cause will not lead to large scale popularity because the principles libertarians take on faith (government regulation doesn't work, budgets should always be balanced, etc.) are often either wildly unpopular and/or disprovable.

In the US "big government" programs like social security and federal student loans have enormous popularity that will not be changed by people clicking on a Rand Paul website. There is too much public goodwill for these programs, and most learned people would argue rightly so.
    Labels and the party system are part of the problem. It's like a political version of Survivor. I'll form an alliance and join your group or their group and vote for your bill if you scratch my back. Libertarians don't have media and business interests telling people what to think. Their way doesn't pay pharma or the oil companies through w/ dollars.

IMO, it's the opposite. When Fox news stops scaring our grandparents into thinking we need to invade oil countries and we need their nuts photographed at the airport to stay safe they can be free thinkers. More about taking the blinders off than switching views.

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

I have been a huge supporter of FOXNEWS for ten years. However, when Bill O now states at the end of his show, "I'm looking out for you," I'm starting to lose respect for him and his show. Never could stand, over the top, Beck and Hannity, so Bill and Greta were the two I had full confidence in.

Well that's now changed with Bill. His complete and thorough dismissing of Ron Paul has shown his mind to be unchangeably, arrogant and condescending, in the field of politics. He is a powerful force on cable and news.
    Too bad he cannot like live up to his so-called "fair and balanced" reputation.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

If you have been a HUGE SUPPORTER of any type of propaganda media you probably are doing it wrong....

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

he never changed his stand on monetary policy, Ron PAUL is for the PEOPLE!

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    Then non-Libertarian principles America has lived by for the past century sure have worked out well....
    I have no idea what you're complaining about, but it could just be my ignorance. Maybe I should use my iPhone to apply for a Pell grant so I can go back to school and study libertarian theory, while my family continues not losing their home because my father with multiple sclerosis receives social security.

Thanks to social security, public schools, grants and scholarships, it is likely my little sister will become an engineer. If it weren't for those social institutions, as well as child labor restrictions, I could see a much more unsavory future for her and my family.

Yes, America has serious flaws that need to be fixed. Ron Paul's stands against the wars on drugs and "terror" are a great start. However, the pace of technology and our standard of living owe a great deal to the stability of the big bad State. You want anarchy? Move to Somalia.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything."

Ice House

herbie spread the word we need Ron Paul in office .... He will right the ship

Ice House

Whites, blacks , Muslims, hispanics, asians will all like Ron paul

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    herbie spread the word we need Ron Paul in office .... He will right the ship
    Reread my posts in this thread... While I like Ron Paul (and similar minded people) voting (and the election process in general) is a waste of time and money if you are outside the chosen mainstream... Planting flowers on the side of the highway is more likely to bring about real change then supporting Ron Paul...

Ice House

i'm getting a t-shirt and and bumper sticker.... maybe people will open their eyes and vote for Ron Paul.

I don't know why that Rick Perry character is in the lead so far. I guess b/c he is from texas but he is too conservative...

Snatch
    Snatch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Abehonest ^^ right on! It's sad that someone with such good ideas is dismissed, because he's willing to consider anything other than the party's main point of view.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch View Post
    Abehonest ^^ right on! It's sad that someone with such good ideas is dismissed, because he's willing to consider anything other than the party's main point of view.

The Republicans have become the party of the far right. The ideas of small gov. and low taxes aren't enough anymore, you have to pander to the Christian coalition type of voter.

I'm not saying the left is better. I'm saying you have to be out there campaning with "gay marriage is wrong and abortion is bad" sound bites.

Add in the "Real Americans" and "Pass the ammunition" type of voters and who has time to get people to listen to "monetary policy" ideas.

Ron Paul is not a "I'd like to have a beer with him" type of fellow. That hurts him more than any of his ideas.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    The Republicans have become the party of the far right. The ideas of small gov. and low taxes aren't enough anymore, you have to pander to the Christian coalition type of voter. I'm not saying the left is better. I'm saying you have to be out there campaning with "gay marriage is wrong and abortion is bad" sound bites. Add in the "Real Americans" and "Pass the ammunition" type of voters and who has time to get people to listen to "monetary policy" ideas. Ron Paul is not a "I'd like to have a beer with him" type of fellow. That hurts him more than any of his ideas.
    I don't like having sit-down beers with phonies either. Neither does Ron Paul, so he's an underdog in society. Hey, I'm in the same club and I happen to love it! I do lose a lot of ass-kisser votes by being that way, though. Their loss!

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Crazy Ronnie making some noise this week in the online media.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Crazy Ronnie making some noise this week in the online media.
    You mean Crazy like a Fox?

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Big day tomorrow with the debate. He made a rare offensive today slamming Perry in this ad. For the first time the network is gonna put him in the main event fight as the dog. He'll be asked about Fema too in the middle of a bunch of natural disasters.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

fuk R.P.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post
    fuk R.P.
    Since you're advertized as being a kid, you don't have to worry about it.

AribaAriba

Ron Paul Fever is spreading FOLKS!70k voted and paul won 50% of the vote.

http://www.huntingtonnews.net/9088

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post
    fuk R.P.
    Don't say that about Rick Perry.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

I love how Ron Paul got under Rick Perry's skin last night...

http://www.mediaite.com/online/apopl...mercial-break/

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3691

Link is not working-Removed-)
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 08-08-14 at 10:43 AM.

ABEHONEST

HOT DAMN!
    I believe my horse is closing in on the rail!
    Step up to the window and cash your winning tickets!

ABEHONEST

In all seriousness, the two "bought" candidates were out polled by SBR'S hero in those debates!
    The logic I believe I see in this, is, that John Q. Public is finally waking up and listening to the brilliance of Ron Paul.

Men, the tide could be turning here?

AribaAriba

interesting to see the odds on Ron Paul to win the nomination moved from +2400 to +1000 since i've tracked it hmmmm we're gaining grounds boys http://www.bet365.com/home/FlashGen4/WebConsoleApp.asp?

First 12345 ... Last