I have a 2007 macbook pro.

OSX version 10.4.11

Im unable to upgrade to newer java or itunes versions because my operating system is out of date. Another reason why mac sucks. Windows dosent make new software incompatible for old users like apple does.

No biggie so i went to the apple store to see how much the New OSX Lion is. Only 30 bucks. Says the requirements for it are you to have OSX 10.5 or newer to upgrade to OSX lion. So i need to purchase OSX snow leopard for $30 bucks, then purchase OSX lion immediately after for another 30 bucks?

"To upgrade your Mac to OS X Lion, you must be running OS X Snow Leopard. If you have OS X v10.5 or earlier, purchase Snow Leopard now and install it on your Mac. Then buy OS X Lion as a digital download from the Mac App Store."

What kind of dumb shit is that. Thats like needing to purchase vista to upgrade to Windows 7 from Windows Vista.

Please someone give me a clue if i have to purchase both OS to upgrade. If thats hte case id rather just purchase windows 7 knowing the OS will at least last me 3 years before i need to purchase another upgrade.