Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anybody going to the Mayweather vs Ortiz boxing match?

Anybody going?

Never been to a fight before ... but is it the the money to see it in person? Why are the cheapest tickets about $500?

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

That's because the promoters try to bilk every last penny out of you for a fight that isn't worth it. Boxing is so overpriced anymore it's just not worth it, you're better off going to an MMA event where's there more action.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah only reason I can figure is the arena is small compared to other sporting events and Mayweather hasn't boxed since may 2010.

I don't really like the crowd that follows UFC it seems like everyone who watches UFC is an aspiring UFC fighter and they try to act hard at the bar and stare you down

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    yeah only reason I can figure is the arena is small compared to other sporting events and Mayweather hasn't boxed since may 2010.

I don't really like the crowd that follows UFC it seems like everyone who watches UFC is an aspiring UFC fighter and they try to act hard at the bar and stare you down
    That might be in Vegas...but when you go to cards around the US...it's a great atmosphere. Going to a Floyd of Manny fight you're going to a Circus with a bunch of celebrity jocksniffers who get their tickets for free to make the fight look well attended. So I guess you pick your poison.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Stubhub starts at $449, but market is flooded.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

wanted to get out there for this....because i love floyd....but its just not in the cards for me for a sept trip out there.....been to pac/hatton and pac/cotto....great weekends...and atmopsheres....pac/cotto was right in the thick of football season....which makes for an awesome weekend...was able to get the hatton tix for free...and the cotto tix for face.....the tix for both fighters upcoming fights seem to be a bit more pricey....i say do it though