pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Almost All SEC teams are ranked in the Top 25 Poll

Wow! This is going to be the greatest year in SEC's history.

1 Oklahoma (36)
    2 Alabama
    3 Oregon
    4 LSU
    5 Boise State
    6 Florida State
    7 Stanford
    8 Texas A&M
    9 Oklahoma State
    10 Nebraska
    11 Wisconsin
    12 South Carolina
    13 Virginia Tech
    14 TCU
    15 Arkansas
    16 Notre Dame
    17 Michigan State
    18 Ohio State
    19 Georgia
    20 Mississippi State
    21 Missouri
    22 Florida
    23 Auburn
    24 West Virginia
    25 USC

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Auburn is not even a top 60 team

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Auburn and Georgia don't belong in the top 25.

The Bet Master

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Yep. No bowl game for them

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Total dominance.

The ACC has Florida state and V. Tech. Pitiful. I want to live in a part of the country where college football is part of the culture. I go to LSU games, the tailgating is incredible. They had chefs out there preparing andouille sausage and po boys, great beer and jazz music playing. A real experience

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

SEC country we take our football seriously. All others are trying to catch up.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Why does Vandy even spend the money fielding a team.

The fact that when you can raise SAT score requirements of you school it adversely affects the chances of fielding a competitive team, unsettles me.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Auburn, Florida, and Georgia shouldn't be there, less so FLorida but still. Also, A&M over OK State???? Arky should be in the top 10, they are every bit as good as LSU

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Oklahoma is going to be a big disappointment

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post

The fact that when you can raise SAT score requirements of you school it adversely affects the chances of fielding a competitive team, unsettles me.
    Vanderbilt is extremely impressive in Basketball and Baseball and Tennis. Stanford and Andrew Luck should be fantastic this year in Football and Stanford is impressive in many sports . Duke is a powerhouse in basketball and other sports like lacrosse and many others as well.

Texas is a public school that is more impressive than many Ivy league schools in many academic pursuits and doesnt produce a bunch of nonathletic sissies either.

Cal, Virginia, Wisconsin, Virginia Tech, Northwestern ,and Georgia tech are some other schools that excel in academic and athletic pursuits as well.

The idea that athletic achievements and intellectual achievements are not compatible is a lie, the ancient Greeks stressed both.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

The SEC should make its own league, it's not fair to play other NCAA teams. It is grown ass men vs men.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post

Clearly academics should be secondary to athletics for any university that wants to set itself apart...

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

not meaning much when the ranking system is flawed

The Bet Master

Quote Originally Posted by dfberger23 View Post
    The SEC should make its own league, it's not fair to play other NCAA teams. It is grown ass men vs men.
    Well tell your team to not have 12 180 pound WR's on scholarship and maybe you could get some of those guys

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Quote Originally Posted by The Bet Master View Post
    Yep. No bowl game for them
    How about backing that statement up with 100 pt wager?!

I'll wager 100 that AU goes to a bowl, will probably have 8-9 wins.

CarolinaDaze
    2x- SBR Fantasy Football Champion
    CarolinaDaze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30913

SEC some bad MF's Go Cocks.

mangina11
    mangina11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love watching SEC football, nothing compares

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

who do you guys think will jump the most spots towards the top of that list- i think south carolina will be ranked around number 4 or 5 in a very short time (from 12).

Boxer300
    Boxer300's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Agree UGA and Auburn are way overrated. Who is Kniles Davis back up at Arkansas? Losing him will be a big blow to the pigs. South Carolina is capable but Garcia will probably find a way to screw it up.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

I love it! ROLL TIDE!!

Auburn and LSU will both be weaker than expected this year - LSU especially....no clue how they are getting this much respect out the gate.

Tennessee will be improved but not a real contender yet for the East which will come down to Georgia and S.C.

We were joking last night that the reasons for having ESPN vote LSU and Oklahoma as high as they have in the polls is foresight:

Sooners get preseason #1 to bolster that % fraction they will need late in the season's BCS rankings when it comes down to the usual "Does a 1 loss SEC team deserve to leapfrog an undefeated OU??"

LSU is inflated in the polls in order to bolster the Ducks case for their conference late so they can say "we eat a 'top 5' SEC school so yes we deserve a BCS spot"

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Florida and Florida State should be flip flopped

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Georgia Auburn and Florida all belong.......if not them, then who? Please answer that one......Just because a team might be .500 in the SEC doesn't mean they wouldn't be near the top of every other conference in the nation

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

IMO I think Florida plays for the national championship this year. I am not a Gator fan either , actually I don't like them at all. But I think they will be very good and have a very favorable schedule.

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

Florida could surprise some people this year. It all hinges on how Brantley is able to recover from the damage done under Urban. Out of high school the future looked so bright for this kid but in the Meyer's system no-one who never saw him play would ever think it. I think he will start slow but really come on strong. As for the biggest improvement it will be seen on the defensive side of the ball. Florida will not be as soft in the middle this year and while they won't be total run stoppers they will be much improved.

South Carolina's rise or fall all comes down to Spurrier and Garcia. Spurrier's ability to be head-strong and even completely arrogant in his play calling and Garcia's inability to be a consistent leader is where the trouble lies. They have the best (at least Top 3) running backs in the country and while the defense lost some key players they have quality players to fill in.

Arkansas has a shot but they are still a dark horse candidate. I like what they are capable of on offense and while the defense is or will be improved I'm not sure if it'll be good enough.

LSU? I'm sorry but yes they have some amazing athletes but I just don't think you will see them live up to expectations of those who have credited them with such an early ranking. In fact, don't be totally surprised if they open up with a loss against Oregon. Not predicting that will happen but wouldn't be shocked.

Mississippi St will be slow and methodical. They will continue to be physical but boring and they will continue to improve. I look for them to have a better than expected season.

I don't see Georgia being anything special or even as good as many predict. They might surprise me but I doubt it.

Anything could happen but I still look for Alabama and South Carolina to be in the SEC Championship game.

valaub04
    valaub04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Probably the single most idiotic post I have seen at SBR.

Congrats!!

The Bet Master

Quote Originally Posted by valaub04 View Post
    Probably the single most idiotic post I have seen at SBR.

Congrats!!
    Why? You lost eveyone. Maybe a little overboard on 60 but they aren't top 40

Salmon Steak
    Salmon Steak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

Notre Dame 16!?! How are they not in the top ten? How are they not number 1? this is a crime. what is wrong with these poll makers? They are behind arkansas? Arkansas?

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by Salmon Steak View Post
    Notre Dame 16!?! How are they not in the top ten? How are they not number 1? this is a crime. what is wrong with these poll makers? They are behind arkansas? Arkansas?
    Irish are an 8-4 team this year at best.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

LSU better have a great back-up QB Jefferson is expected to be arrested Monday for a nightclub brawl

mafioso
    mafioso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Some of you guys realize that Auburn still has Gus Malzon as its Offensive coordinator right?
    That is all they need to win 7 or 8 games this season.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

But you know some team that goes undefeated in some weak ass conference is gonna be in the national title game or at least claiming they should be.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

SEC uber alles.

The SEC has ranked as the overall highest conf since 1960 and has been top in every decade. Take that Big 10.

scottie2005
    Update your status
    scottie2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30487

UGA with best QB in SEC, a top running back recruit and improved defense. They belong in top 20

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

except auburn, i think they all mite be there at the end.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8317

Don't get me wrong I love the SEC but it ain't where you start its where you finish!!!! and come to think of it they been finishing pretty damn good as of late !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 Last