JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3703

ttrace35... I agree with you about Chins. But I think Dips are equally important. A buddy of mine has been going to the Gym for 2 years straight and every time he comes over I try to get him to do some Chins or Dips on my old school Soloflex(yes, the soloflex sucks but it's great for Chins and Dips which is all I need it for) and he still can't do any. For those that can't do any chins... I recommend starting out with Negative Chins. Start from the top and lower yourself down as slowly as you can. Do this for a few weeks and you'll be able to do regular chins in no time. Like Trace said... Chins are one of the best exercises a person can do. I think the reason why people hate them so much is because it's virtually impossible to cheat when doing a Chin.

Tackleberry
    Tackleberry's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    I dunno. But seriously. Pullups are the hardest things to do. Especially if you never did them regularly. But they are the single best exercise you can do for your body. Will give you a serious V-shape in no time.
    I agree on how great pullups are. However I think the single best exercise for the body are squats. Combine the two and you're on your way.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

tt trace my arms are bigger than your head you dumb phaggot

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

Quote Originally Posted by excel View Post
    got me there
    Don't sell yourself short... Doing pullups and dips are the best measures of proportionate strength. If someone is bigger, they have more muscle, but more weight to pull up. If you are smaller, you have less weight to pull up, but less muscle to do it.

Pullups and dips are the best for measuring comparative strength.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

I would say 99% of people in the world can't do a full range pull up, wide grip for 10 reps.

The heavier you are the harder it is too obviously. I can do 7-8, maybe more if I'm "fresh" and my first "set"

Chin ups....pfff, those are easy, can do those all day.

My workout partner is pretty strong and he can't even do ONE, db presses 120 lbs......

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    Ok tough guy. Love for somebody to say that shit to my face. Another internet tough guy. Probably some fat fuckk. Either come meet me and say that shit to me(Of course your nowhere near nyc). Or get on the fukkin pullup bar and make a video fat boy!

Bo$$ Bet$
    Bo$$ Bet$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Pushup are good but can't compare to pullups. You use almost every upper body muscle. When you first start doing them, you abs will hurt because it take a lot of core strength to keep you from swinging as your pulling up. The v-shape make your body look completely different. You should try this paco. I started out doing 5 sets of 3 reps. Everyday. Within a month or two I was able to easily do 8-10.
    naw trig I can only do 3 pull ups so I don't like doing them but this^^^ I will prob start doing I never thought of it like that 5 sets 3 reps and gradually move up I've never really worked out so any other helpful pointers r much appreciated ....I need to be swoll by next march for spring break

Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

could do 19 pull ups in a row

i do 3 sets of 12

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by Bo$$ Bet$ View Post
    naw trig I can only do 3 pull ups so I don't like doing them but this^^^ I will prob start doing I never thought of it like that 5 sets 3 reps and gradually move up I've never really worked out so any other helpful pointers r much appreciated ....I need to be swoll by next march for spring break

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Its funny how Warrior hasn't posted here yet.
    I bet if you put 10 donuts on top of a bar, Warrior will do 10 pull ups.

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

tt couldn't do 1 pull up even for 10 donuts. He'd just reach into his fanny pack and pull one out of it. Gotta be smarter than the pull up bar

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

they refer to them as over hand pull ups because when you pull yourself up you're pulling yourself over your hands when they are in front of the bar. Those are harder for me to do than under hand pull ups. When I weighed 265 I could only do 3 over hand pull ups at a time, but now that I weigh 220 it is easier to get more in. The smaller lighter weight guys can usually do more than bigger, heavier guys as a general rule, but there are always exceptions. If you can't do even one then use a chair to push off with one leg to start off with. Eventually you will be able to do 5 or 6 in a row without the chair. Most people aren't born being able to do 10 over hand pull ups in a row. It is an excellent and cheap exercise to do though I agree 100 percent. P90x has you doing push ups and pull ups for an hour straight without much of a break. Those kinds of work outs are way better than buying a gym membership to do curls or use the machines.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

One of my dad's best friends went to a state wrestling meet and there was a stand being run by the ARMY; they had a pull-up contest. He bested a 20 year old that had the record at 31; he did just one more, 32, and probably could have done a few more. Oh yeah, he was 60 years old . 5'10, not sure what he weighed

This guy loves to work out, he has motivated me recently; especially since I have always sucked at doing pull-ups. I remember not being able to do any when i weighed 170 (6'0") and I worked myself up to 8. Not being able to do any was kinda funny; just giving 10 tries per set with out doing any

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    One of my dad's best friends went to a state wrestling meet and there was a stand being run by the ARMY; they had a pull-up contest. He bested a 20 year old that had the record at 31; he did just one more, 32, and probably could have done a few more. Oh yeah, he was 60 years old . 5'10, not sure what he weighed

This guy loves to work out, he has motivated me recently; especially since I have always sucked at doing pull-ups. I remember not being able to do any when i weighed 170 (6'0") and I worked myself up to 8. Not being able to do any was kinda funny; just giving 10 tries per set with out doing any
    that's a cool story. I love hearing about the older guys still doing work. When I go to the gym I always ask the older dudes for pointers because they know what to do to build pure strength, and also how to do it safely.

Bo$$ Bet$
    Bo$$ Bet$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    they refer to them as over hand pull ups because when you pull yourself up you're pulling yourself over your hands when they are in front of the bar. Those are harder for me to do than under hand pull ups. When I weighed 265 I could only do 3 over hand pull ups at a time, but now that I weigh 220 it is easier to get more in. The smaller lighter weight guys can usually do more than bigger, heavier guys as a general rule, but there are always exceptions. If you can't do even one then use a chair to push off with one leg to start off with. Eventually you will be able to do 5 or 6 in a row without the chair. Most people aren't born being able to do 10 over hand pull ups in a row. It is an excellent and cheap exercise to do though I agree 100 percent. P90x has you doing push ups and pull ups for an hour straight without much of a break. Those kinds of work outs are way better than buying a gym membership to do curls or use the machines.
    I just switched from weights to p90x and that shit goes hard for real

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4955

I can do 10 . We should have some sort of contest with ppl making videos and then winner gets points.

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

Quote Originally Posted by daneault23 View Post
    I can do 10 . We should have some sort of contest with ppl making videos and then winner gets points.
    There was a contest back in the day. I forget who won, but I know Matty Rain made a vid. I was going to also because I would win for sure.

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

i can barely hit 10. started doing a work out routine a few months back, told a coworker about it, n he asked if i was getting ready to go to jail.

burpees
    pushups
    star jumps
    pullups
    burpees
    dips
    jump rope

pretty good all around work out. at 170 right now, but i'm only 5'6. gotta get down to 140.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

You guys are fukkin weak. Talkin all this weight lifting bullshit. Get on a pull up bar. Bo$$. TT Warrior. Do some fukkin pullups. You workout dudes go to the gym everyday, and run to the machines. That's why your still a skrauny punk. Do pullups for 3 months. Watch your body transform. I might make a video of this JJ. The "proper training method".
    Trigger, by the sounds of it ur not wearing a weight belt with 50+lb attached whilst doing these pull-ups....

Start adding weights to ur belt whilst doing ur pull ups and watch the results pal

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Trigger, by the sounds of it ur not wearing a weight belt with 50+lb attached whilst doing these pull-ups....

Start adding weights to ur belt whilst doing ur pull ups and watch the results pal

I just started back. I haven't did 1 pull up in the past 4 months. Gimme 2 weeks and I will do another video with the 45lb plate hanging. They have a 100lb plate at my gym. I can do 6-8 strict form. But gimme at least a month back training.

Beniphone
    Beniphone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2393

E-pimping 101

ACoochy

I just started back. I haven't did 1 pull up in the past 4 months. Gimme 2 weeks and I will do another video with the 45lb plate hanging. They have a 100lb plate at my gym. I can do 6-8 strict form. But gimme at least a month back training.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I can do 10 easy
    In video I did not do 10 because I mixed in other stuff

It was a demo training video
    Release date soon

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I can do 10 easy
    In video I did not do 10 because I mixed in other stuff

It was a demo training video
    Release date soon
    I have no doubt that you are strong as a mule. You have all that semen backed up because you don't get pussy. Probably can rip phone books in half

jjgold

fuk you tracer

Where you at right now??

Meet me somewhere and show me how tough you are, I am fukkin tired if it
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: excel

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

I have no doubt that you are strong as a mule. You have all that semen backed up because you don't get pussy. Probably can rip phone books in half
    phone books

tracer dont forget he is also amped up from injecting horse roids in his ass

ACoochy

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    Ive seen ur pic. Id say ur 170lb max

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

My penis shrink when I do pull ups and push ups

please help

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

six

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

i can and im fat

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    i can and im fat
    Pics or it didn't happen

ACoochy

Pics or it didn't happen
    Only if theres a cheeseburher at the top of the bar

jjgold

Tracer a no show again
    Waited at bridge for him

no where to be found

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys are fukkin weak. Talkin all this weight lifting bullshit. Get on a pull up bar. Bo$$. TT Warrior. Do some fukkin pullups. You workout dudes go to the gym everyday, and run to the machines. That's why your still a skrauny punk. Do pullups for 3 months. Watch your body transform. I might make a video of this JJ. The "proper training method".
    I can do more than 12

does that make me a better man than you?

First 12