easywinner
    easywinner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

Albert Pujols..

Is he the only person in history with 11 consecutive 30+ hr seasons? I'm pretty sure he is but i can't remember.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527
    Points Awarded:

easywinner gave InTheDrink 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

easywinner

Geez those steroid using scrubs gotta ruin for the good guys. So him and old Foxx. Good stuff.
    Last edited by easywinner; 08-17-11 at 04:17 AM.

easywinner

Thanks for that quick ass link btw, i could have looked it up but was feeling lazy and preoccupied.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

you mean foxx standing clean at the top all alone?

easywinner

Does he have any outright records? I thought i read something like he was the only one with 30+ hrs and 100rbi and over a certain batting average. Is there a good baseball site that has like all of the records in baseball listed?

BEANTOWNJIM
    I GRIN WHEN I WIN
    BEANTOWNJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

HUMAN GROTH HORMONES THEY ARE DOING WONDERS IN BASEBALL REPLACING STEROIDS.FOOTBALL STARTED TESTING FOR HGH WHEN WILL BASEBALL

PUJOLS WILL BE CAUGHT SOON ENOUGH HE IS UNDER THE MICROSCOPE NOW

easywinner

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    you mean foxx standing clean at the top all alone?
    No i mean what i said. Aroid and baroid both have been outright caught and you can clearly see a spike in their numbers. His numbers are as consistent as the value of gold throughout history. No spike, no failed drug test, no other players calling him out. So where's the evidence? You are innocent until proven guilty. Prove what i said wrong. Burden is one you to prove he's dirty now.
    Last edited by easywinner; 08-17-11 at 04:16 AM.

easywinner

Pujols became the first player to hit 30 or more home runs in the first nine seasons of his career (extended it to 10 in 2010) now 11 in 2011, as well the second player to have 100 or more RBIs in the same timespan. He is the second player in Major League Baseball to post nine consecutive seasons with 30 doubles, a .300 batting average, 30 home runs, and 100 runs batted in or better, well now that's 10 after last season, in jeopardy of not getting 11 straight this season, with missed time and low ba but still possible. So he stands alone on those two things. This is what i was thinking of. Somebody needs to update his page it's behind a year or two on updates from like '09.

Salmon Steak
    Salmon Steak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

Jose Alberto is a beast. What was that the other night, like 465ft or something? He could have won the game tonight if mccutchen wasn't so fast.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by easywinner View Post
    No i mean what i said. Aroid and baroid both have been outright caught and you can clearly see a spike in their numbers. You're a tool if you think Pujols juices up. His numbers are as consistent as the value of gold throughout history. No spike, no failed drug test, no other players calling him out. So where's the evidence? You are innocent until proven guilty. Prove what i said wrong. Burden is one you to prove he's dirty now.
    i mean i was joking...and thx for the points

but let's not act like anyone is off the hook....guy came back from a broken wrist at least a month early....it's not fair but in this day and age it's going to raise suspicion

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Let me guess bonds never used roids either because he wasn't proven guilty??? Pujols hasn't been busted as of yet and may never will be. I believe that is due more so to MLB not wanting to tarnish thier image even further and not because he is clean. MLB has about a handful of guys currently playing, beloved and good for the game. The league needs Albert and busting him isn't in thier best intrest.

easywinner

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    i mean i was joking...and thx for the points

but let's not act like anyone is off the hook....guy came back from a broken wrist at least a month early....it's not fair but in this day and age it's going to raise suspicion
    My bad then. I actually thought you were joking at first but that's how i feel about it and I'm standing by it until something at least comes out. Fwiw i think Thome is clean too. It's easy to rip on good players b/c people either get jealous or put their favorite team first. I mean we know 100% that Bonds, Sosa, Mcgwire, Palmeiro, Ortiz, Manny all those guys are cheaters but there is 0 evidence that Pujols is dirty. The Cardinals have pissed off some pretty outspoken guys in recent years, Rolen, Edmonds, Rasmus among others. Don't you think those guys would say something if something fishy was up with Pujols like Canseco ratted on Mcgwire? Pujols was on 60 minutes like a year ago and they asked him if he was 100% clean. He said yes and if you want test me every single day idc. If he's not clean I'll be one of the most disappointed people around but you need to prove it first. With Bonds and Sosa and McGwire we all knew or at least heavily speculated based on the big spikes in numbers and change in body mass, but you can't say that about Pujols cause neither occurred. He has never even hit 50+ dingers in a season and if you watch most of his games he does get a lot of cheap line drive hrs down the line, they aren't these huge upper deck shots like Arod or BigMac. I could say that some poster on these boards killed my friend but if i don't have any proof then wtf good is it? To say that it would ruin his image and hurt the game is dumb b/c he isn't even the most popular player, he might be the best, but he's not the most popular. I've got his rookie card and a few autographed items so I'm hoping he turns out to be one of the best ever like top 5 in mlb history when he is done. He's well on his way. He just completed the best decade to start a career ever.
    Last edited by easywinner; 08-17-11 at 04:15 AM.

easywinner

Quote Originally Posted by Djstucky View Post
    Let me guess bonds never used roids either because he wasn't proven guilty??? Pujols hasn't been busted as of yet and may never will be. I believe that is due more so to MLB not wanting to tarnish thier image even further and not because he is clean. MLB has about a handful of guys currently playing, beloved and good for the game. The league needs Albert and busting him isn't in thier best intrest.
    Bonds is a cheater. What a dumb thing to question. Do you believe he was clean? How could you with that huge spike in numbers late in his career and that huge body mass adjustment in his 30's. Seriously? Bonds is the most guilty right there with BigMac, Sosa, Arod, Manny, Ortiz, Palmiero, all those cheap ass 90's players. I already explained what i think about the image thing above. You wouldn't be able to keep it a secret. Not the way the Cardinals piss people off. Somebody would rat if he was dirty. McGwire got ratted out by his boy. MLB and sports in general don't need shit. The facts are that if mlb or the nfl or any league flat out said that all games are fixed and all players cheat, people would still go. Look at the back of a ticket next time. It says that it grants you admission to a game. It doesn't say anything about the rules have to be followed or anything to that tune.
    Last edited by easywinner; 08-17-11 at 04:14 AM.

easywinner

Quote Originally Posted by Salmon Steak View Post
    Jose Alberto is a beast. What was that the other night, like 465ft or something? He could have won the game tonight if mccutchen wasn't so fast.
    Ya that was probably the longest hr of his career or close to it. His hr's aren't even what makes him the beast imo. It's his all around play. He's powerful but also hits for average and is clutch. His D is solid and he even has a good stolen base % for someone not known for his speed. Great franchise player. I kinda wonder what kind of numbers he could put up playing in a NYY or BOS lineup with those stacked lineups and short porches. We all know NYY and BOS and PHI don't care about money. He'd be a damn good DH or even 3B in the Bronx or Fenway. Too bad those teams are already stacked. I just don't want to see him go to some bitch club and sell out for money. I was thinking earlier he'd be a great fit for SF. They have all that pitching but weak bats. Hell he could even play 3B in Philly. I wanna see one of these great teams pick him up if he leaves the Cards.

BeerBottlez
    BeerBottlez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1612

Considering it's not happening this year for A-Rod if Pujols can stay healthy for the most part since he gets hurt every year then this is a record he probably should hit.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pujos = Juice

easywinner

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    Pujos = Juice
    You = burden to prove it. All the accusations but not 2% of evidence other than you don't like him, his team or are jealous. Halladay is the best pitcher, so he must be on roids right.(joking)
    Last edited by easywinner; 08-17-11 at 04:13 AM.

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by easywinner View Post
    You = burden to prove it. Lol you people are pathetic. All the accusations but not 2% of evidence other than you don't like him, his team or are jealous. Halladay is the best pitcher, so he must be on roids right.
    You prove he isn't on juice.

And for Doc, the guy is the first one to the office everday... he arrives at around 4:30 AM everyday if I remember the correct time from the article I read, heck he even beats the janitors to the ballpark. The reason he is the best is because he works his ass off non stop.

BobHarvey
    BobHarvey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

I guess Albert has put himself back in position for a big free agent deal, but there's know way he'll get $20-25 million. Prince Fielder would be a better signing IMO.

iceminers26

And this spring he made darn sure he was the first one to arrive for work each morning at the Clearwater spring training complex of his new team, the Phillies. Halladay reported at 5:30, 90 minutes before sunrise, four hours before the Phillies were required to be in uniform, and 15 minutes earlier than when he first showed up in camp in early February. He moved up his arrival once pitchers Kyle Kendrick and Chad Durbin tried to beat him through the clubhouse door. "We had to give him his own swipe card at Rogers Centre," says Kevin Malloy, the clubhouse manager in Toronto, where Halladay played from 1998 until his trade to Philadelphia in December, "because he would get in before anybody else. If you saw all the work that Roy put in for the four days before every start—all the conditioning, all the video work, all the studying—you would cry if he didn't come out of that game with a win." (SI, 2010)

easywinner

You prove he isn't on juice. And for Doc, the guy is the first one to the office everday... he arrives at around 4:30 AM everyday if I remember the correct time from the article I read, heck he even beats the janitors to the ballpark. The reason he is the best is because he works his ass off non stop.
    You are innocent until proven guilty. So the burden of proof will always be on you. You obviously know nothing about Pujols. Watch the 60 minutes article on him, read the numerous newspaper articles or even the sports illustrated multi page article on him. If you did know anything about him you would know that he is the hardest working player on his team if not in the entire league. He was caught working out at Busch Stadium on both Thanksgiving and Christmas day. You don't get overlooked by everyone, drafted in the 13th round, spend 1 year in the minors, and have the best first 10 years of anyone to ever play the game by being a lazy tool.
    Last edited by easywinner; 08-17-11 at 04:12 AM.

easywinner

And this spring he made darn sure he was the first one to arrive for work each morning at the Clearwater spring training complex of his new team, the Phillies. Halladay reported at 5:30, 90 minutes before sunrise, four hours before the Phillies were required to be in uniform, and 15 minutes earlier than when he first showed up in camp in early February. He moved up his arrival once pitchers Kyle Kendrick and Chad Durbin tried to beat him through the clubhouse door. "We had to give him his own swipe card at Rogers Centre," says Kevin Malloy, the clubhouse manager in Toronto, where Halladay played from 1998 until his trade to Philadelphia in December, "because he would get in before anybody else. If you saw all the work that Roy put in for the four days before every start—all the conditioning, all the video work, all the studying—you would cry if he didn't come out of that game with a win." (SI, 2010)
    Why are you talking about Halladay anyway? Halladay is a bad ass mofo that you wish you could be. He doesn't need anyone hyping him up. He's already one of the best pitchers in the game, just like Pujols is one of the best position players. I brought him up to show you how ridiculous it is to claim that everyone that is good is tainted because the facts are they aren't.
    Last edited by easywinner; 08-17-11 at 04:11 AM.

iceminers26

What is wrong with you

easywinner

Quote Originally Posted by BobHarvey View Post
    I guess Albert has put himself back in position for a big free agent deal, but there's know way he'll get $20-25 million. Prince Fielder would be a better signing IMO.
    Depends who's interested i guess. The big boys that really spend money all have 1B covered. You have the Cubs and then what other big market clubs that would want either Fielder or Pujols? Maybe one of the LA teams or SF? Crappy market to be a 1B looking for that big money deal this time around. I wish i was the NYY or BOS gm right about now with all that cash. I'd get one of these guys and make them the DH or something, screw it right you gotta win.
    Last edited by easywinner; 08-17-11 at 04:10 AM.

easywinner

What is wrong with you
    People like you! Lol. No for real man it's whatever. Idc anymore. We'll find out in about 10 years or so if something comes out or not. It's pointless to argue this stuff. There's no proof though as of right now. Who cares anyway. We can't all spend so much time worrying about other people. Goodluck on your bets and whatever teams you root for man. Sports is supposed to be fun not all this other crap. These guys are all way overpaid anyway why other people are out there grinding out a living or worse. Power to the people man!

Went back through and edited out all unnecessary explicit words and cheap shots i made in the entire thread. Sorry, idk why i made this thread or felt obligated to have his back in the first place. Don't even waste your time reading this thread unless you have nothing to do, it's just a bunch of people accusing Pujols of juicing and me defending him basically and using way too many shots on others and explicitives, that i went back through and edited out. Geez guys i need some time off from sports, betting and posting. Take care everybody.
    Last edited by easywinner; 08-17-11 at 04:23 AM.

LovetoSpooge
    LovetoSpooge's Avatar Become A Pro!

So what do Albert's nuts taste like?

Hall2Collie
    Hall2Collie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

You prove he isn't on juice.

And for Doc, the guy is the first one to the office everday... he arrives at around 4:30 AM everyday if I remember the correct time from the article I read, heck he even beats the janitors to the ballpark. The reason he is the best is because he works his ass off non stop.
    Lol that's not how the world works
    Points Awarded:

easywinner gave Hall2Collie 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.