Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Show me 5 wins for Carolina

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/car

you cannot. 3-13 at best. Winnable games Jax, Wash, Minn, Tenn. Only games where they could be less than a 3 point dog.

Would be fantastic to see Clausen start then suck unbelievably only for Newton to come in as the savior mid-season and do even worse. Newton not close to starter ready and could be worse than Clausen if he did. This team is unbelievably ****** w/e they do at QB.

NCAAF and NFL Total wins futures are some of the best bets you can make

Carolina Under 4.5 -105

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

No one fukkings cares about a SHITTY team like the Panthers.. End of story..

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Every game is winnable in the NFL.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1884

I would fade the Panthers, Seahawks and Bengals this season on the money line. Could be profitable.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I think Carolina is likely down. 5 wins? I don't know. I'd rather avoid an o/u on a team with too much uncertainty.
    Lets see if I can find 5.
    Week 1 @ ARI (total mess)
    week 4 @ chicago (they seem to play chi every year and they're usually very good games - and don't tell me Rivera doesn't want to stick it to Lovie bigtime).
    Week 7 vs Wash (they're a mess)
    Week 8 vs MN (ok this is a bit of a stretch, I'd say this game is 35% winnable in carolina at worst)

4 1/2 is a pretty solid projection with just glancing at the schedule quickly.

After their bye week? OUCH. I think they will get 1 win, possible 2 out of that schedule. You have to figure 1 or 2 of those teams will be either playing for nothing or just out of it in general.

Crap, I just saw the line was 4 1/2 (not sure how I missed that). I think at -105 playing the under has more value than playing the over, but only just.
    Last edited by McBa1n; 08-16-11 at 01:56 AM. Reason: missed the o/u line

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Try this and watch your account balance diminish
    Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    I would fade the Panthers, Seahawks and Bengals this season on the money line. Could be profitable.

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

The Wash, Minn, Tenn 3 game home stand (with bye week) looks pretty nice - they could have a nice shot at sweeping that and that kind of momentum changes the team attitude

A young team thats hungry and thinks they can win can definitely beat a good team thats tired

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

They are already 5.5 dogs at Arizona.

Big ?s for Jax, Wash, Minn, Tenn. Seem similarly below average teams all sitting around 6.5 win total, though undoubtedly better than Carolina. Could see each as 3 point favs in Carolina, though probably smaller.

If they lose to Jax at home they could start 0-6 and continue to tank going into that 3 game stretch Wash, Minn, Tenn and then easily lose the final 7 brutal 2nd half. @DET, @IND, @TB, ATL, @HOU, TB, @NO

Jax is the key game. Garrard you fukin loser one time

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Home games where they have a realistic shot to win:

JAX
    MINNY
    TENN
    TB
    WASH

As for away games:

I honestly don't see them winning any away games, which I'm sure they'll steal one, but looking at it now I'd say none. There best road shot is in week 1 vs Zona and I see Zona winning but if they can get that one, that's big for them.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

CAR have one of the toughest schedules in the league. They may not win a bunch of games, but they can cover...especially at home. There will be value there if you pick your spots.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Carolina is terrible, but the NFL is an 8-8 league. Taking U 4 1/2 is just gonna leave you sweating it out in December. I'll pass.

Thing is, they've got a lot of winnable games in the first half: Jax, Minny, Tenn & Wash at home are all possible wins. They could even pull an upset in some of those other games. Don't count on them getting swept in division, they could steal some of those as well. The real gamble is how the second half shakes out, because some of those 'great' teams might have something happen that sends them into a tailspin. I'd be more interested in this prop if the toughest games were on the front end of the schedule.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

That is why they play the game.

k13

Even if they go 4-11 and the last game of the season they play NO who might have nothing to play for and they win just to **** you.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

good bet to stay away from in my opinion.... why tie up your money until the end of the season only to get paid even money?

Besides the Panthers roster this year is pretty much identical to the roster that went 12-4 3 years ago. In fact they have a better QB now ... Cam Newton is way better than Jake Delhomme.

2nd year LSU standout WR Brandon LaFell will have a break out year this year and I am predicting he makes the pro bowl. Not to mention the addition of Greg Olsen and Jermey Shockey.

Ice House

the x factor is nobody knows how good Cam Newton will be.

I think it's reasonable to say that he is going to be as good or better than Ben Roethlisberger but with a stronger arm and more mobility.

Ice House

would not shock me if the Panthers starting off 2-0 and the Packers start off 0-2.

slatter
    slatter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Only reason I'm hesitant on season-long futures right now is because I think the lockout is going to create some parity in the league this season.

Ice House

not saying it will happen but wouldn't shock me. The Packers have looked like shit in practice didn't do a damn thing over the lock out.. Aaron Rodgers is running around acting like a damn celebrity and spent his summer in Cali away from his teammates. Meanwhile the Saints having been going hard all summer and are hungry to avenge a playoff disaster.

Saints upset Packers week 1 at Lambeau. Then cheese wiz comes in to Carolina and get hit in the mouth before they know what happened. Panthers have a offensive line full of pro bowlers and the best running game in the NFL. Not to mention 3 great line backers James Anderson, Jon Beason, and Thomas Davis who will be blitzing 70% of the time this year. Everybody knows Aaron Rodgers is soft couple good hits and he will be out of the game.

Not even a Panthers fan but I wouldn't bet on them to win under 5 games... I wouldn't be on them to win over 5 games either though.

I am a Patriots fan and I ain't even worried about this season. My Patriots will win the super bowl easy breezy style. I'm calling it right now Patriots go undefeated this year. PERFECT SEASON " ya heard it here first"

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Carolina should win 5 or 6 games this season

k13

Rather play Bills under 5.5

jcadwell
    jcadwell's Avatar Become A Pro!

i would take over 4.5 games.. the team is def. better than last year by a couple of wins. it'll be close but i say over

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6668

If Jonathan Stewart and DeAngello Williams stay healthy, they can easily go over 5 wins. or at least...

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6668

Example too.

CIncinati Bengals went 2 win in the 02 season in 03 they were 8 and something.

2009 lions 2 wins the whole season, next season won 6.

So just pre-caution over there

MarlinsFan2212
    MarlinsFan2212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

I like Over 4.5. Some very very winnable games against Tennesee, Jacksonville, Arizona and Minnesota.

Every team in the NFL plays very tough vs their own division. Games are almost always close, and Carolina went 0-6 last year vs division opponents. While they could lose every game again, I like them to win atleast 2 vs division opponents in 2011.

I see them around 5-11 or 6-10

bulichme
    bulichme's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    the x factor is nobody knows how good Cam Newton will be.

I think it's reasonable to say that he is going to be as good or better than Ben Roethlisberger but with a stronger arm and more mobility.
    I can, he'll suck so hard that it's going to make people's head spin.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21593

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post
    I think Carolina is likely down. 5 wins? I don't know. I'd rather avoid an o/u on a team with too much uncertainty.
    Lets see if I can find 5.
    Week 1 @ ARI (total mess)
    week 4 @ chicago (they seem to play chi every year and they're usually very good games - and don't tell me Rivera doesn't want to stick it to Lovie bigtime).
    Week 7 vs Wash (they're a mess)
    Week 8 vs MN (ok this is a bit of a stretch, I'd say this game is 35% winnable in carolina at worst)

4 1/2 is a pretty solid projection with just glancing at the schedule quickly.

After their bye week? OUCH. I think they will get 1 win, possible 2 out of that schedule. You have to figure 1 or 2 of those teams will be either playing for nothing or just out of it in general.

Crap, I just saw the line was 4 1/2 (not sure how I missed that). I think at -105 playing the under has more value than playing the over, but only just.
    They don't play Chicago every year. They played last season in Carolina and the Bears won by 17...with Todd Freakin Collins at QB. Bears will be 10+ pts faves in this game.

The "winnable" games are home games vs. Jax, Wash, Minny, Tenn, Tampa. I suppose any game is winnable, but none too likely. If I had to bet this I'd go U4.5.