Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5626

Who would vote for Obama today?

As a fairly staunch conservative (though repubs have it all wrong regarding internet gambling and a few other things) I find Obama's apporval rating amazing. No, not that his approval rating has dropped to 39% but that it is that high.

Who are these 39% that believe he's doing a bang up job? If you are one of them, tell me why. I won't criticize but I cannot promise I won't be fascinated.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Not sure what an 'approval rating' means. I will definitely vote for Obama over any Republican, but I don't approve of the way he caves to Republican policies at every turn in the name of compromise.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Approval rating doesn't mean a whole lot...

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Tea party is making it easy for him.... Congrats to them... I voted for McCain '08 because he was moderate republican, but the whack jobs that you guys are sending out this time will make me vote for the Kenyan.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

If the choices are Perry or Bachman then I'd stick with Obama for another term. Hillary would win Democratic nomination in a landslide if she stepped into campaign.

Swinging Johnson

We are indeed a polarized society. I have often contemplated writing an article called the Divided States of America and build the article around breaking the country in two with the lefties to move east of the Misssissippi and the righties to the west (yes, all the libs form Cali would have to move to Vermont).

I think we're so far apart on so much, that Congressional gridlock has simply becometoo paralyzing a force for any progress to be made.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PittsburghPlayer

jw
    jw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6737

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    If the choices are Perry or Bachman then I'd stick with Obama for another term.
    +1

Not so much a vote for Obama .. but a vote against the Republican candidate.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

If the choices are Perry or Bachman then I'd stick with Obama for another term. Hillary would win Democratic nomination in a landslide if she stepped into campaign.
    Exactly. Doesnt matter what his approval rating is if the Republicans throw Bachman or Paul out there, Obama would win easily.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Obama is in a position so far over his head its laughable. The only thing he's shown me so far is to prove the point that being the President of the US is harder than it looks.

No way I would ever vote for him. Rick Perry will be a 1000x better choice.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Obama is in a position so far over his head its laughable. The only thing he's shown me so far is to prove the point that being the President of the US is harder than it looks.

Can't vote for a guy who thinks the economy can be fixed with prayer. Put Bob Kraft in the White House. He gets shit done.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Can't vote for a guy who thinks the economy can be fixed with prayer.

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Can't vote for a guy who thinks the economy can be fixed with prayer
    This.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Will be more than happy to vote straight Democrat ticket next election.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Swinging Johnson View Post
    We are indeed a polarized society. I have often contemplated writing an article called the Divided States of America and build the article around breaking the country in two with the lefties to move east of the Misssissippi and the righties to the west (yes, all the libs form Cali would have to move to Vermont).

I think we're so far apart on so much, that Congressional gridlock has simply becometoo paralyzing a force for any progress to be made.
    Does that mean that couples with one lefty and one righty have to get divorced?

jgilmartin
    jgilmartin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can't vote for a guy who thinks the economy can be fixed with prayer.
    Spot on.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

every president since jfk has had lower approval ratings than obama.....

bush 25%
    clinton 37%
    bush sr 29%
    reagan 35%
    carter 28%
    ford 37%
    nixon 24%
    johnson 35%

so what's the big deal? the only approval rating that matters is the final one.

Bush's Final Approval Rating: 22 Percent

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n4728399.shtml

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Give the next president a senate and congress that contain a majority from his or her party and just get shit done. The stalling and filibuster isn't helping anyone. Worst case scenario is after term is done a new regime rolls in and makes wholesale changes, but at least we are doing something.

Government objectives should be on big things like focusing on just a few big things. One would be getting troops out of needless combat. We can be in Afghanistan forever and it won't make a difference. Just wasting time, money and lives. Better off backing India and let them deal with it. Put together an economic think tank with succesful individuals who haven't gotten wealthy from working for Goldman and Sachs at some point. They are the guys who have stolen the answers to the exam before it is given. I'm sure a group with Warren Buffett, Steve Jobs, Bob Kraft, Sheldon Adelson and others could be of help. Get defense budget and financial plans set and the rest will fall into place. Let states decide how they prefer to handle everyday shit like health insurance, education, gay marriage, abortion.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jarvol

geebert74
    geebert74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

I didnt vote for the guy the first time and he still does not have my approval!
    With that being said,
    I do not agree with a lot of what he does but he is our President and I still repect him and would defend him.
    That does not mean I will vote for the guy...

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Michele Obama would vote for Obama today.

lolguy999
    C++ programming sucks..
    lolguy999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 64

Afroamercano population?

illfuuptn
    illfuuptn's Avatar Become A Pro!

How do Republicans respond to the fact that people with a statistically higher(on average) level of education than them are usually democrats?

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

No.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by illfuuptn View Post
    How do Republicans respond to the fact that people with a statistically higher(on average) level of education than them are usually democrats?
    Who cares? The "higher education" includes history, literature, women's studies, English, etc, and doesn't exactly prove intelligence.

How many people do you know that are book smart but have no common sense? Those tend to be the Democrats

Swinging Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by illfuuptn View Post
    I wouldn't want a professor of quantum physics fixing my brakes.

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by Swinging Johnson View Post
    I wouldn't want a professor of quantum physics fixing my brakes.
    I wouldn't want the guy fixing my brakes running my country.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Who cares? The "higher education" includes history, literature, women's studies, English, etc, and doesn't exactly prove intelligence.

How many people do you know that are book smart but have no common sense? Those tend to be the Democrats

what would you know about common sense?

you support ron paul, who opposes student loans, which without you wouldn't be able to afford school.

you also think bush wasn't sufficiently warned about 9/11 when in fact he was told al qaeda planned to hijack planes, fly them in to buildings and were closely observing buildings in nyc.

you are the epitome of neocon stupidity.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post

you support ron paul, who opposes student loans, which without you wouldn't be able to afford school.

you also think bush wasn't sufficiently warned about 9/11 when in fact he was told al qaeda planned to hijack planes, fly them in to buildings and were closely observing buildings in nyc.

I like the fact that Paul is at least trying to change our obviously broken system. I don't know who I support yet because quite frankly, none of the options on either side look that great. I'm sick of almost all politicians.

Care to tell everyone again how the dot com boom and bust had no significance to the economy?

Edit- I've already explained that the FBI investigated the surveillance of NYC tip, and that it turned out to be 2 Yemeni tourists, so why do you keep saying that is relevant? Bush was obviously told that it checked out, so how was 2 tourists taking pictures a sign of what was to come?
    Last edited by rsnnh12; 08-15-11 at 03:57 PM.

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9448

You would be able to afford school without student loans. The price of college is so high because everyone can afford to go.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Dumbest shit ever posted. You go to a private financial institution and get your ass a student loan at the market rate instead of a taxpayer subsidized rate. Then you pay the loan back or get wages garnished instead of getting hardship extension after hardship extension from the government in order to screw the taxpayer out of money.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eidolon

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
    You would be able to afford school without student loans. The price of college is so high because everyone can afford to go.
    So what's your plan? If people who can't afford to go college don't go because of no student loans then would you hire a HS graduate to design a skyscraper or do a heart surgery?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    Dumbest shit ever posted. You go to a private financial institution and get your ass a student loan at the market rate instead of a taxpayer subsidized rate. Then you pay the loan back or get wages garnished instead of getting hardship extension after hardship extension from the government in order to screw the taxpayer out of money.
    What if the private financial institution decides you're not worth the risk or they don't like what your studying so they're not going to loan you the dough or they're going to charge you 20%? Still like it? The only people who might get student loans would be those whose parents are rich enough to co-sign.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    So what's your plan? If people who can't afford to go college don't go because of no student loans then would you hire a HS graduate to design a skyscraper or do a heart surgery?
    No government student loans =/= no student loans

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Didn't vote for him to begin with and would never vote for anyone that's not a Republican.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    What if the private financial institution decides you're not worth the risk or they don't like what your studying so they're not going to loan you the dough or they're going to charge you 20%? Still like it? The only people who might get student loans would be those whose parents are rich enough to co-sign.
    And with the government backing every loan, the cost of tuition will just continue skyrocketing, because schools know people will be able to get loans. Its a lose-lose
    Last edited by rsnnh12; 08-15-11 at 05:27 PM.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8478

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post

1234 Last