bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Did you know a quarter of the money that goes to charity pays upper mgmt salaries?

What a fuckin world we live in

No wonder theres a million advertisements asking for money for charity

25% to salaries

Prolly another 25% for advertising

Be lucky if half your donation ends up going to charity
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ttwarrior1

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

... it depends on the charity....

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well since you backed it up with articles and statistics how could anyone possibly refute you?

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

It is true, especially for the large charity organizations with a well known "trademark". If you want to donate, do it locally.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

With a lot charities it is worse and very few are better... It's why I research and only give to a select few...

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Or Non-Profit organizations lol that's the one I love in the business world. They promote the "non-profit" side of it... hoping that you will fall into the hoax, donate more, and promote them. Sure the company is non-profit... but check the salaries of the top 2-5 executives of that non profit organization... I'll gladly show you a non-profit on paper as long as i get paid $500,000 a year. LOL Who wouldn't?

bettilimbroke999

If you want to donate and this may seem slightly hypocritical as I am agnostic/atheist/pantheist whatever the **** u want to call it when a person has enough braincells to know all religions are bullshit but the best charitable organizations are associated with Christian and Jewish religions. Secular charities (run by non-religious jackasses like myself) are pretty much outright scams where as little as 20% of your donation may actually end up going to charity.

For example...

Secular

UNICEF CEO receives $1,200,000 per year plus all expenses and a ROLLS ROYCE car where ever he goes and only cents of your dollar goes to the cause. That's $1369.86 an hour for every hour of every day.

Christian

The Salvation Army's Commissioner Todd Bassett receives a salary of only $13,000 per year (plus housing) for managing this $2 billion dollar organization.

Notice the difference

SprayBoy
    SprayBoy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    If you want to donate and this may seem slightly hypocritical as I am agnostic/atheist/pantheist whatever the **** u want to call it when a person has enough braincells to know all religions are bullshit but the best charitable organizations are associated with Christian and Jewish religions. Secular charities (run by non-religious jackasses like myself) are pretty much outright scams where as little as 20% of your donation may actually end up going to charity.

For example...

Secular

UNICEF CEO receives $1,200,000 per year plus all expenses and a ROLLS ROYCE car where ever he goes and only cents of your dollar goes to the cause. That's $1369.86 an hour for every hour of every day.

Christian

The Salvation Army's Commissioner Todd Bassett receives a salary of only $13,000 per year (plus housing) for managing this $2 billion dollar organization.

Notice the difference
    You have just committed so many logical fallacies it's like a lesson in itself. You're just wrong, citing one example of a secular mis-run charity and an example of one correctly run religious one does deem secular less reliable nor does it deem christian charities more respectable. The fact is secular charities are *usually* better run because there is no ulterior motivation. Take for example the Catholic church - arguably the most powerful organization in the world. Donating to any charity under their name could lead to your money going towards the promotion of "no condoms in Africa" which leads to thousands and thousands of deaths of Africans each year. Secular charities may have on occasion idiots running them who take money for themselves or mis use the money, but the charities themselves don't have ulterior motives. While I would always individually research the charity, were they even I'd take a secular one any day.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DrStale

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by SprayBoy View Post
    You have just committed so many logical fallacies it's like a lesson in itself. You're just wrong, citing one example of a secular mis-run charity and an example of one correctly run religious one does deem secular less reliable nor does it deem christian charities more respectable. The fact is secular charities are *usually* better run because there is no ulterior motivation. Take for example the Catholic church - arguably the most powerful organization in the world. Donating to any charity under their name could lead to your money going towards the promotion of "no condoms in Africa" which leads to thousands and thousands of deaths of Africans each year. Secular charities may have on occasion idiots running them who take money for themselves or mis use the money, but the charities themselves don't have ulterior motives. While I would always individually research the charity, were they even I'd take a secular one any day.
    Ridiculous response. I dont even wish to respond to this level of idiocy.

What I said was that the best charities are associated with Christian and Jewish religions, meaning that the highest % of your donation will actually go to the cause you are donating to, rather than lining some con artists pockets like UNICEF. However, if you research and disagree with the cause then dont ******* donate. You mention one belief of the Christian faith (abstaining from sex til marriage) that obviously the Catholic church promotes, perhaps if the Africans kept their dicks out of AIDS-infested whores they wouldnt be dying by the millions. I know if half the girls in town had AIDS I would do alot more jacking off than trying to get laid. Is the churches promotion of ethical behavior costing lives....no. If you are going to break the rule and have sex with every AIDS whore you can get your hands on then why would you follow the rule of no condoms? The church is simply promoting abstinence before marriage to both protect the Africans from getting AIDS and following the 10 commandments. Is their approach somewhat antiquated considering that no one really follows the commandments anymore, perhaps, but to say they are the reason the Africans are rawdoggin AIDS infested whores is ridiculous when they are absolutely promoting the opposite.

Use your brain, if you have one available for use

Also since you think secular charities are so much better than religious based ones then send me 100 dollars and I'll make sure 5 of it gets to the Haitians instead of the 95+ the Salvation Army would get there
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 08-13-11 at 02:32 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: wtf

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

yep i knew this for a long time, thats why so many charities in their own names

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

The only charity I give to, and will ever give to. And it's not even really a charity, you get all of your money back.

kiva.org

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

a quarter.

some use over 50% for salaries

Pete0
    --------------------
    Pete0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

it seriously depends on the charity organization.

There are tons of fraud companies out there.. and each year americans lose billions of $ to fraud.

My advice is do your research - there are agencies out there that check for authenticity regularly and publish reports of spending and actual donation %. (Dont quite remember them)

I've only donated to "Save the children" on a regular basis - its a legitimate organization with over 90 % purely for support. and around 8 % for management fees i believe. On the other hand "Feed the children" has had stepbacks in the past and some critics believe lot of it is being tunneled out to executives. I would also be weary of the most popular charity funds out there - red cross included

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    What a fuckin world we live in

No wonder theres a million advertisements asking for money for charity

25% to salaries

Prolly another 25% for advertising

Be lucky if half your donation ends up going to charity
    Are you proposing that a charity runs itself? Beneficiaries are just on their honor to take only what they need?

Or maybe hire less qualified managers wo will work for less, to manage millions of dollars and how it's disbursed?

And I noticed you forgot to provide a link to your data.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    a quarter.

some use over 50% for salaries
    Sadly this is true, cents of your dollars go to the actual cause when you donate to secular charities, literally cents, you might as well not donate at all.

This is coming from a complete agnostic, so I am not supporting religions at all, the religions themselves are bullshit, but it cant be denied that they provide a motivation beyond money to forward their causes while the secular charities seem to be run just like a fuckin Wall Street company. Any charity that believes half the money should go to upper management will never see a dollar from me.
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 08-13-11 at 02:46 PM.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by Hoja Verdes View Post
    Are you proposing that a charity runs itself? Beneficiaries are just on their honor to take only what they need?

Or maybe hire less qualified managers wo will work for less, to manage millions of dollars and how it's disbursed?

And I noticed you forgot to provide a link to your data.
    Oh for ***** sake man, do you even fuckin know what charity is, its about GIVING OF YOURSELF to help those less fortunate, the donors for example are giving their fuckin hard earned money away for A CAUSE. I suppose Im an optimist but I could fuckin hope at least one intelligent person on earth would be willing to work for less than 2 fukin million a year in exchange for having a positive influence on the world and having a significant role in saving thousands of lives. Do ya understand the concept of CHARITY??? Ya got ppl that are suffering to death and you act in a way to prevent their deaths not to use their suffering to get rich. Why do you think the Salvation Army CEO works for 13k a year + housing to run a 2 billion dollar organization? Bc he couldnt get a job at McDs???

Unfuckinbelievable!

I swear man some of the posters on here need to get shipped to Africa and them say sorry we had 2 million worth of donations for food for you but the guy that decided to send you the food felt he was owed 2 million for figuring out who to send it to
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 08-13-11 at 03:10 PM.