Grandmaster B
    Retired
    Grandmaster B's Avatar Become A Pro!

If betpoints Were Taken Away Would SBR Die?

just look at the panic mode around the forum when these new posters log in and dont get their daily 13cents.

ttwarrior called his mom a whore for just 7sbr points ...I think thats like 6 1/2 cents

now this question is for posters that are veterans...who posted here BEFORE betpoints

Would it be possible that the masses of NEW posters (who only come here solely to use betpoints as a form of income) would leave in a heartbeat if SBR John announced tomorrow that betpoints would be discontinued

There might be one or two vets that depend on points to eat but I highly doubt that as they posted here before...when there was no freebies. Then again Nicky Santoro is a vet and was using points for income. Mexican stallion...thadeus...a few examples. Would be interesting to say the least. Its just hilarious to watch masses of posters logging in just to post "what happened to my 12 betpoints today?"

I remember back in 2007-2010 when this site was actually filled with sports talk/angles pertaining to betting/picks/and anything BUT SBR point talk...and what time a posters pizza would arrive and whether or not they had to tip the driver $1

DISCLAIMER:

SBR John has NOT announced betpoints will ever be cut off. These views are the sole viewpoint of poster grandmaster b. Please do NOT attempt to slit your wrists or drink rat poision as your betpoints are safe and sound (you hope) in your bank account (sad a few on here think their betpoints wallet is a BkofAma savings account) so there is no need to try and hurt yourself.
    Last edited by Grandmaster B; 08-12-11 at 05:00 PM.

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the post it is really crack. Sad to see ppl on a gambling forum with no cash to gamble.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9605

yes it would, in fact only reason im here, will do it again for 2 betpoints
    everything else is just a bonus

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I don't care to even use my points....

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

No SBR had high traffic before betpoints , actually it would make a lot of trash go away
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Grandmaster B, harlee71, and I/O

Grandmaster B
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    yes it would, in fact only reason im here, will do it again for 2 betpoints
    everything else is just a bonus
    you just gave me a idea for another thread...at a later date...not anytime soon as I have cut back on posting

"what would you do for a SBR point"

koz-man
    Medula Oblongata
    koz-man's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11971

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster B View Post

"what would you do for a SBR point"
    that be called opening a can of worms - right there

Grandmaster B
    Retired

what im getting at here is BEFORE betpoints...people posted here for nothing and were drawn to the site for the value of its posters and information

as of today people are solely drawn to the site for the chance of getting a free pizza...without even having to tip the driver a single $1 bill (because SBR covers the tip)

has SBR put themselves in a position that if there were no points...there would be no more SBR?

is SBR in a position where they CANNOT ever stop the points system now?

have betpoints become BIGGER than SBR itself?

Id love to hear all your viewpoints...for entertainment value of course

Quote Originally Posted by koz-man View Post
    that be called opening a can of worms - right there
    ill be sure to make that thread at the perfect time...
    Last edited by Grandmaster B; 08-12-11 at 05:07 PM.

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

ill be out

Grandmaster B
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by TR88 View Post
    ill be out

you x2000 other posters?

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

Was here well before the points and have barely done anything with the ones I did acquire. In the years I have been here only ordered one shirt, one hat and one FP long ago. I think many people would stop posting here if point went away but they would be the one who add little anyways. Makes no difference to me whether point exist or not.

Grandmaster B
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by topgame85 View Post
    Was here well before the points and have barely done anything with the ones I did acquire. In the years I have been here only ordered one shirt, one hat and one FP long ago. I think many people would stop posting here if point went away but they would be the one who add little anyways. Makes no difference to me whether point exist or not.
    ahh topgame

the guy who for 2 entire MLB seasons (from what I seen) posted over 70% winners in MLB totals

thats a serious clip...too bad real money players couldnt find your picks if you posted them now as the forum is cluttered with threads about betpoints and more threads answering questions about betpoints

then again...posting winners around here will not be tolerated

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

personally i would still come to sbr even without points, when im bored and have nothing to do I instinctively check players talk

the quality of contents is kinda low, but it kills some time, especially when I am gambling and waiting for the games to finish

and when I signed up for sbr i did not know that there was a loyalty program, did not even think there were forums out there that had loyalty programs. it was a nice surprise

Grandmaster B
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    personally i would still come to sbr even without points, when im bored and have nothing to do I instinctively check players talk

the quality of contents is kinda low, but it kills some time, especially when I am gambling and waiting for the games to finish

and when I signed up for sbr i did not know that there was a loyalty program, did not even think there were forums out there that had loyalty programs. it was a nice surprise
    does that mean a SBR poster is not allowed to post at any other offshore sports forum?

Like what exactly is a SBR poster required to be loyal to?...to be enrolled in their "loyalty program"

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

you x2000 other posters?
    you are not a pro

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

No SBR would not die....but of course it would have a decrease in traffic.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

SBR was far better before the points. I made a lot more off their contests, which were far richer, then what these points are worth.

SBR is now a super agent. They hook you in through the points, and sign you up through contests as BTP. Once you're signed up with yet another book you don't need they get a cut of your lifetime losses there. And don't forget the avalanche of notices when your 'PRO' status is about to expire. It's more important to them to check if I might have another book I could sign up with, through them, then to understand that one of their socalled 'SBR founders' already has accounts with all those books. Even if they already checked this in the past, they never get tired of rechecking. Some of the books they suggest you put your money in (just 200 bucks, but that could grow fast) aren't even that solid. The old watchdog has become very greedy indeed. Borderline irresponsible towards players.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Grandmaster B, PittsburghPlayer, and xstud

Grandmaster B
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by TR88 View Post
    you are not a pro

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4315

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

does that mean a SBR poster is not allowed to post at any other offshore sports forum? Like what exactly is a SBR poster required to be loyal to?...to be enrolled in their "loyalty program"
    no it just means we use their product and they reward us

bostonbruins
    bostonbruins's Avatar Become A Pro!

i have to think quality of posts deminished with the points system

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

It would get rid of all the 18-25 crowd in a hurry and cut down ghost creation if the points are taken off the table.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy0607 View Post
    No SBR had high traffic before betpoints , actually it would make a lot of trash go away
    Good post Jimmy,

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2163

The quality of the forum was much better before the points.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

It probably would die.

Things in the offshore world are way different now. You used to be able to throw up a forum overnight and could get a bunch of books throwing money at you to advertise. Now it's impossible. SBR has 3 books advertising to USA ips that don't take americans.

The points thing brings in a bunch of people I guess. ******* degenerates, but traffic nonetheless.

Hi cloak & dagger ...

RibbedTrojan
    RibbedTrojan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

It would not die. This is still a great sports forum regardless of points. None of the other forumd give points. I compare this one to Covers. I'm glad we have them, points or no points!

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Could care less about the points. Its a nice little bonus but doesnt matter to me. Not why im here.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    SBR was far better before the points. I made a lot more off their contests, which were far richer, then what these points are worth.

SBR is now a super agent. They hook you in through the points, and sign you up through contests as BTP. Once you're signed up with yet another book you don't need they get a cut of your lifetime losses there. And don't forget the avalanche of notices when your 'PRO' status is about to expire. It's more important to them to check if I might have another book I could sign up with, through them, then to understand that one of their socalled 'SBR founders' already has accounts with all those books. Even if they already checked this in the past, they never get tired of rechecking. Some of the books they suggest you put your money in (just 200 bucks, but that could grow fast) aren't even that solid. The old watchdog has become very greedy indeed. Borderline irresponsible towards players.
    hit the nail on the head...sbr is in decline

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

no sbr would become the undead.

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

the free plays in the store were too good to be true..love posting points just cherry on top

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

sbr the undead

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Only reason Bronxer is here is to pick up on dudes. Guy has sent me numerous messages to my mailbox wanting me to come over with a half rack of Hamms and watch his dvd of brokeback mountain.

sportpunter
    sportpunter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post
    No SBR would not die....but of course it would have a decrease in traffic.
    agree

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4315

It was a great site before points. If they took them away now, with the state the industry is in now for US residents, it might hurt a bit.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would only be here to post during football season and leading up to Big MMA Events. I doubt I'd come by during the baseball season once, possibly for College Basketball on saturdays. The fact of the matter is this forum barely talks about gambling anymore.

12 Last