Nats' Fan
    Nats' Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 301

Anyone watch the Republican debate?

I am a Democrat but I must say, Ron Paul has some very good ideas.. Starting to like this guy.

Iced
    Iced's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Rick Santorum got smashed by Ron Paul. I almost felt bad for him. Ron Paul also got way more crowd applause than anyone else.

RP2012 or bust. Country is effed if he isn't elected.

Nats' Fan

That's true, Iced. Sad thing is, Paul has about as much chance to get the nomination, as Newt.. zero to none.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Ron Paul is the man with the plan. It isn't about elephants or Donkeys. The majority of them are all paid off by the banks. Ron Paul is trying to take the Fed down. That is the change we need the most.

Nats' Fan

Our Congress is bought and paid for..

Nats' Fan

How can anyone take Bachman serious? Seriously.. She is proud to just oppose the Democrats at every turn. That's not what this country needs right now. We need someone with a legitimate plan to create jobs.

FindTheLock

The repubs and dems that argue and blame the other party are idiots. they are all to blame. Every last stinking one of them. All they want to do is argue over who's fault it is. They don't get shit done. We need someone who will get shit done.
    Points Awarded:

Nats' Fan gave FindTheLock 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

eidolon gave FindTheLock 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Nats' Fan, and eidolon

Iced

Quote Originally Posted by Nats' Fan View Post
    That's true, Iced. Sad thing is, Paul has about as much chance to get the nomination, as Newt.. zero to none.
    I used to feel the same way, that him winning the nomination is impossible, but now I'm much more optimistic.

In a CNN poll released this morning, Ron Paul was third among potential GOP nominees with 14%. Romney was in first with 23% and Rick Perry was second with 18%. Not too much of a deficit to overcome.

Paul is polling well against Obama as well. In a Harris poll: Paul was running 50/50 against Obama. In a Rasmussen poll, Obama had 41% and Paul had 37%.

I don't think it's likely he will win the GOP nomination and defeat Obama, but I definitely think it's a possibility.

CNN poll: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...nation-battle/
    Harris poll: http://www.harrisinteractive.com/New...t/Default.aspx
    Rasmussen poll: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...41_ron_paul_37
    Points Awarded:

Nats' Fan gave Iced 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nats' Fan

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    The repubs and dems that argue and blame the other party are idiots. they are all to blame. Every last stinking one of them. All they want to do is argue over who's fault it is. They don't get shit done. We need someone who will get shit done.
    This.. Unfortunately, in this political environment, it is very hard.

FindTheLock

it;s like putting a group of people in a chamber that is filling up with water that will eventually drown them all. Instead of organizing a plan to get out they are all arguing and pointing the finger about who's fault it was to get them in that predicament. The reality of the situation is this economy sucks and our nation is going down the toilet. Who cares who's fault it is? Let's poke a hole in this chamber before we all suffocate and die.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

How can anyone take Bachman serious? Seriously.. She is proud to just oppose the Democrats at every turn. That's not what this country needs right now. We need someone with a legitimate plan to create jobs.
    I'm a fiscal conservative and social moderate, usually like and vote Republican, but I just do not understand how Bachmann is being taken seriously. She's a goon, and its embarrassing listening to her. I just don't get it. I mean, sure, she's not bad looking, but that's all she has going for her. I'm baffled by her popularity.

I would like to see a combo of Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, and/or Newt Gingrich. People who at least understand business. Mitt is a bit of a tool, but I think Paul would do a good job keeping him in line.
    Points Awarded:

Nats' Fan gave rsnnh12 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nats' Fan

What also pisses me off about this debate, they want to spend time talking about the abortion issue. I understand people on both sides feel very strongly about this issue.. but let's be honest, Roe/Wade is not going to be overturned. Let's stick to the issues we can impact with this election..

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Hey hommes, join the Obama train:
    Points Awarded:

Nats' Fan gave King Mayan 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    I'm a fiscal conservative and social moderate, usually like and vote Republican, but I just do not understand how Bachmann is being taken seriously. She's a goon, and its embarrassing listening to her. I just don't get it. I mean, sure, she's not bad looking, but that's all she has going for her. I'm baffled by her popularity. I would like to see a combo of Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, and/or Newt Gingrich. People who at least understand business. Mitt is a bit of a tool, but I think Paul would do a good job keeping him in line.
    Jut w8 til election year, bachmann will go down the same path as Palin...The media will chew her up and spit her out...

Nats' Fan

What's up, Mayan?

Iced

What also pisses me off about this debate, they want to spend time talking about the abortion issue. I understand people on both sides feel very strongly about this issue.. but let's be honest, Roe/Wade is not going to be overturned. Let's stick to the issues we can impact with this election..
    At least the abortion questions were better than when Bret Baier asked the candidates what they thought of Rick Perry and Sarah Palin. Who the fuk cares.

Nats' Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Iced View Post
    At least the abortion questions were better than when Bret Baier asked the candidates what they thought of Rick Perry and Sarah Palin. Who the fuk cares.
    I agree with the Palin questions. She has no intention of entering the race. However, Perry may be a force to be reckoned with..

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Jut w8 til election year, bachmann will go down the same path as Palin...The media will chew her up and spit her out...
    God I hope so. It seems like all she does is parrot conservative talking points. Guys like Ron Paul, Newt Gingrich (usually) and Paul Ryan can at least intelligently back up their beliefs... I don't think Bachmann can do the same.

If Paul Ryan was a little older and more experienced, I would LOVE to see him as Ron Paul's VP. Our economy would finally be given the environment it needs to succeed

Nats' Fan

Actually, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Perry won the nomination. The Republicans love Texans.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

What's up, Mayan?
    What's up, hermano??

I like Ron paul as well, but if he becomes president he will be all talk. He still can't control the house or the senate, which are paid by lobbyists, the same problem Obama has now...

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Both democrats and republicans like Ron Paul and seem to respect him.

He is the EXACT OPPOSITE of Barack Obama.

Obama is all appearance and no substance while Ron Paul is all substance and no appearance.

Lobbyists have no place in Washington and as long as they continue to exist, no progress will ever be made on anything.

Nats' Fan

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    What's up, hermano??

I like Ron paul as well, but he becomes president he will be all talk. He still can't control the house or the senate, which are paid by lobbyists, the same problem Obama has now...
    True. It seems the only way things will get done is if, one party has a filibuster-proof majority.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

ronnie will turn 76 in a few days...... he may not even make it to 2012.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Up next in our look at past claims made by the 2012 presidential candidates: Rep. Ron Paul. No stranger to presidential campaigns, the Texas Republican has made his share of factual flubs. Paul declared his 2012 candidacy May 13.
    • He falsely claimed last December that the estate tax "especially harms small and family-owned businesses." But if the estate tax was returned to 2009 levels, less than 8 percent of estates taxed in 2011 would be family farms and businesses, according to the Tax Policy Center. The tax deal struck by President Barack Obama and congressional Republicans would affect 440 such estates, more than half of which are worth more than $20 million each. Paul also said that the estate tax was "double taxation." That's only the case for cash that had been taxed when it was earned as income. Investments, such as stocks, bonds and real estate, would not have been taxed before, if they had not been sold prior to the owner's death.
    • He made the wild claim that "16,500 armed bureaucrats" from the IRS would enforce the mandate that everyone have health insurance. That figure came from a partisan analysis based on false assumptions. Plus, the IRS will mainly distribute tax credits, not enforce penalties. And "armed"? Very few, if any, new hires would actually carry guns. As of 2009, the IRS had only 2,725 (3 percent of all employees) who were "special agents," sworn law enforcement officers assigned to criminal cases and authorized to carry guns. The health care law also bans criminal penalties for those not abiding by the mandate.
    • In the 2008 campaign, Paul pushed the bogus conspiracy theory that government bureaucrats and foreign corporations were plotting a "NAFTA Superhighway" and the creation of a North American Union with a single currency. It's all a myth.
    • He also claimed in the last presidential race that the U.S. had a "$1 trillion foreign operation" to maintain "our empire." But his $1 trillion figure included all defense spending, plus half of NASA's funding, medical and retirement pay for veterans, the U.S. Border Patrol, airport security, the issuing of passports, cargo inspections, the FBI's counter-terrorism unit, and 92 percent of interest payments on the debt, among other items.
    http://www.factcheck.org/2011/05/factchecking-paul/

maersksealand
    maersksealand's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Iced View Post
    I used to feel the same way, that him winning the nomination is impossible, but now I'm much more optimistic.

In a CNN poll released this morning, Ron Paul was third among potential GOP nominees with 14%. Romney was in first with 23% and Rick Perry was second with 18%. Not too much of a deficit to overcome.

Paul is polling well against Obama as well. In a Harris poll: Paul was running 50/50 against Obama. In a Rasmussen poll, Obama had 41% and Paul had 37%.

I don't think it's likely he will win the GOP nomination and defeat Obama, but I definitely think it's a possibility.

CNN poll: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...nation-battle/
    Harris poll: http://www.harrisinteractive.com/New...t/Default.aspx
    Rasmussen poll: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...41_ron_paul_37

Ron Paul was at 7% in February 2011...he doubled his support in 6 months. If he wins Iowa, it will be huge.

maersksealand
    maersksealand's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    ronnie will turn 76 in a few days...... he may not even make it to 2012.

how much you wanna bet he is in better shape then you ? Just look at the mental difference for example...you're retard compared to him...and a semi-retard compared to a regular guy on the streets.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jarvol

Nats' Fan

Quote Originally Posted by maersksealand View Post
    how much you wanna bet he is in better shape then you ? Just look at the mental difference for example...you're retard compared to him...and a semi-retard compared to a regular guy on the streets.
    Wow.. It's getting hot in here.

FindTheLock

Ron Paul seems to be as honest as a politician can be. I mean they are all full of shit about a lot of things, but as far as the core subjects that really need to be addressed I like what Ron Paul has to say over all the other candidates.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by maersksealand View Post

fuk ronnie. i guarantee i outlive that senile old fart.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    Ron Paul seems to be as honest as a politician can be. I mean they are all full of shit about a lot of things, but as far as the core subjects that really need to be addressed I like what Ron Paul has to say over all the other candidates.
    yeah honest..... except all these lies he's told.

• He falsely claimed last December that the estate tax "especially harms small and family-owned businesses." But if the estate tax was returned to 2009 levels, less than 8 percent of estates taxed in 2011 would be family farms and businesses, according to the Tax Policy Center. The tax deal struck by President Barack Obama and congressional Republicans would affect 440 such estates, more than half of which are worth more than $20 million each. Paul also said that the estate tax was "double taxation." That's only the case for cash that had been taxed when it was earned as income. Investments, such as stocks, bonds and real estate, would not have been taxed before, if they had not been sold prior to the owner's death.
    • He made the wild claim that "16,500 armed bureaucrats" from the IRS would enforce the mandate that everyone have health insurance. That figure came from a partisan analysis based on false assumptions. Plus, the IRS will mainly distribute tax credits, not enforce penalties. And "armed"? Very few, if any, new hires would actually carry guns. As of 2009, the IRS had only 2,725 (3 percent of all employees) who were "special agents," sworn law enforcement officers assigned to criminal cases and authorized to carry guns. The health care law also bans criminal penalties for those not abiding by the mandate.
    • In the 2008 campaign, Paul pushed the bogus conspiracy theory that government bureaucrats and foreign corporations were plotting a "NAFTA Superhighway" and the creation of a North American Union with a single currency. It's all a myth.
    • He also claimed in the last presidential race that the U.S. had a "$1 trillion foreign operation" to maintain "our empire." But his $1 trillion figure included all defense spending, plus half of NASA's funding, medical and retirement pay for veterans, the U.S. Border Patrol, airport security, the issuing of passports, cargo inspections, the FBI's counter-terrorism unit, and 92 percent of interest payments on the debt, among other items.

a typical neocon bullshitter.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sunzal

FindTheLock

find me one politician who doesn't lie and I will show you someone who can walk on water.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    yeah honest..... except all these lies he's told.

a typical neocon bullshitter.

Good thing your boyfriend Obama never misspoke, huh? What are there, 57 states according to Obama?

Nats' Fan

[quote=FindTheLock;11003738]find me one politician who doesn't lie and I will show you someone who can walk on water.
    Last edited by Nats' Fan; 08-12-11 at 01:18 AM. Reason: mispost

Nats' Fan

mods: please erase my last post. tried to post an image.

FindTheLock

you can edit it out.

123 Last