bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local
    bobbyfk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

always in the game Gold

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Why does being an "SBR PRO" validate a poster as a legitimate gambler?
    Shouldnt posters be judged on the content of their posts and gambling knowledge?
    The idea a single deposit of $200 in a SBR sponsored book allows you to call yourself "pro" for a year is kind of laughable to me.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by FishFace5 View Post
    Why does being an "SBR PRO" validate a poster as a legitimate gambler? Shouldnt posters be judged on the content of their posts and gambling knowledge? The idea a single deposit of $200 in a SBR sponsored book allows you to call yourself "pro" for a year is kind of laughable to me.
    Its something that cant be described until you subscribe fishy Only way to get taken seriously around here..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Working on being a pro

I like the enthusiasm here

Good work

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Postin'-up (...and then repostin'-up) is my life!

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

have sbr make a new level called sbr top pros who have atleast 10k in their accounts. Then we will know who is fake and who is real. Anybody can deposit $200 into a an account to be a regular pro.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    have sbr make a new level called sbr top pros who have atleast 10k in their accounts. Then we will know who is fake and who is real. Anybody can deposit $200 into a an account to be a regular pro.
    That would be cool, hopefully we will see high level rankings down the road maybe a preferred type club or elite club or high roller club

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    That would be cool, hopefully we will see high level rankings down the road maybe a preferred type club or elite club or high roller club
    U can be guaranteed that the higherups have given this thought in the past so y hasnt it been implemented?? I mean theres a reason y it hasnt...

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I wonder what scares most of the guys on this forum more

a) being called a pussy
    b) or actually touching one

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7178

Jjgold your right about an elite status would be a good idea here.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    Great idea, I'm all for it.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Webber, put down the fukin twinkies and lose some god damn weight. You look like shit.

No bank is gonna give you a loan if you go in looking like that.

You need those 6 dimes for football season. You need to win this season.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1768

I see that you have 93 videos on your Youtube account.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by MendozaLine View Post
    Webber, put down the fukin twinkies and lose some god damn weight. You look like shit.

Not good..Twinkies??

Where do you live Cuz???

jimk6969
    Update your status
    jimk6969's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11621

i gamble real money and with your sponsor sights but i don't like being told i have to-when this sight doesn't gamble REAL money

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Hilarious!
    JJ talkng about an Elite or High Roller club...and he's not even an SBR Pro!

Doc

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1532

Business as usual for me. Budgeted a certain amount for football that's it. To some its a large amount others would say its nothing. One difference this year is that I will spread it out with different books this year.

jjgold

Trying to get my hands on cash as we speak

Still time before opening day

RealSlimShady
    RealSlimShady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11489

Quote Originally Posted by MendozaLine View Post

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

LOL pretty apparent most guys who bet 'big' arent really in it to make money but just for the rush. And big money to them isnt really big money.

Bottomline is you dont want anyone knowing what you really do if you want to make money. SBR can get your real name and info from their books they sponsor, hell they get that if you spend the points and open an account somewhere for a hundred bux. They then know everything you do, at least at that book, and more than likely could call around to other books and ask about people with the same name, if not get personal info as well. I never saw a right to privacy statement used by any book. Most sell your info anyway to anyone with a few bux. What will they do for an entity like SBR? Where they advertise and look for help with ratings and getting newer customers. So if some asshat here spends 200 bux and becomes a 'pro' it isnt much of a stretch to think that anyone here with some juice couldnt find out what you have going on offshore to the penny. While that might not be exactly what is going on, I would imagine if the dick swingers started coming out and bragging about stuff to impress more anonymous losers it cold lead to some real life problems down the road.

It is just a very dumb idea. But most guys are betting 10 bux here or there, or blow through 500 and are broke within a few months until they re up a little bit to get back in action. So probably no serious threat. I am also pretty sure anyone that bets seriously isnt too interested in some stupid points anyway, and probably realizes everything I am saying already.

But threads like these usually identify the guys who actually have a clue and those that want to be internet heroes.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Oh JJ, you're too funny. Since when does Walker make you do his begging for him?

jjgold

People gamble for different reasons

Whatever reason we do not care

We want guys to gamble

wantitall4moi

People gamble for different reasons

Whatever reason we do not care

We want guys to gamble
    why do you care what other people do?

you have over 100K posts on this site alone. I would bet 30% of them (more posts than I have on every forum in total over the past 15 years or so) have been about something other than gambling.

So just because it is a gambling site shouldnt mean guys have to be gambling or even all about gambling to fit in.

This thread was just another example of non sports related garbage, that is why I posted the link to irony. That and the amount of real money you bet is dubious at best. And just in case dubious.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

jj is just an idiot

far from a players advocate

MLnflhandicapper
    MLnflhandicapper's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ouch

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Quote Originally Posted by nosniboR11 View Post
    jj is just an idiot

far from a players advocate
    Yeah, it's tough to call yourself a players advocate when Walker has his hand up your Ass like a puppet. It is humorous though.

wantitall4moi

I like JJ he is good at what he does, he just needs to remember that. trying to get serious about gambling isnt his forte. Nor is trying to call out people who may or may not gamble. It just doesnt work.

That was the beauty of the JJ character. You never knew. You had an idea but could never be sure. So the less specific and more obtuse the persona the better.

Stick to comedy, stirring up shit with one liners and bashing the stock market guys.

Stop posting 'successes' on your spread sheet, that try and 'prove' youre legit. let people guess. Or think what they want. Always have boths sides think they know what youre all about. Never give too much.

It has gotten sad lately watching the JJ character try to hard to work both sides but ultimately hurt the overall acceptance.

I have been around the boards for about 15 years. JJ is one of the longest running handles around, and for the most part people know/knew what to expect.

Way too late in the game to try and change your spots now. Just because the industry is collapsing all around us doesnt mean you have to change your character. And please whatever you do dont adopt or bring in a little kid to try and boost ratings like every other floundering TV show ever made did. although some could say you have already done that with 'your boy'.

Not that I could ever think to give advice to a legend, but sticking to basics is always the best approach.

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

^^
    +1.
    We think alike. I agree with both of these longer posts you typed up.

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol jj

First 12