Tebowl
    2011 MLB 26-30
    Tebowl's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why is Gold so high?

dont make any sense. this is getting ridiculous.

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

because the US currency will be worthless very soon if it is not already as will many currencies in europe if something drastic does not change

jimkotecki
    jimkotecki's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes, but why is silver still so low. Srs guys buy silver so my shares will go back up again

Tebowl
    2011 MLB 26-30

Quote Originally Posted by jimkotecki View Post
    Yes, but why is silver still so low. Srs guys buy silver so my shares will go back up again

Nobody wants silver because long term it wont do sht

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

Silver already blew its load not going too much higher

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Quote Originally Posted by Tebowl View Post

Tebowl
    2011 MLB 26-30

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post

SRBI
    SRBI's Avatar Become A Pro!

Because the dolla is beginning to shit the bed, so to speak. Sayonara, Benjamin, Franklin, and the rest of you.

Tebowl
    2011 MLB 26-30

Quote Originally Posted by SRBI View Post
    Because the dolla is beginning to shit the bed, so to speak. Soon your green paper will be worthless. Don't invest in silver.
    I wouldn't invest in anything right now much less Sell whatever I had?! I would just sit out till football season. haha, thats sad but thats how degen i am.

Tebowl
    2011 MLB 26-30

This really is a repeat of 08/09 i swear... Things are gonna get bad come 2012

philswin
    philswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4640

A lot of people taking their money out of the market and looking for a place to put it. Bonds used to run up real high when people were pulling from the market, but many are afraid of bonds now also. Many are moving to cash and buying gold/silver.

Tebowl
    2011 MLB 26-30

Quote Originally Posted by philswin View Post
    A lot of people taking their money out of the market and looking for a place to put it. Bonds used to run up real high when people were pulling from the market, but many are afraid of bonds now also. Many are moving to cash and buying gold/silver.

The wise thing to do if yur an ivestor is to just sit out until everything settles down then analyze the new market... but obviously they couldn't wait for some reason....essentially theyre really just gambling wildly because this is the most unpredictable fukking thing ive ever seen

Tebowl
    2011 MLB 26-30

And they're fukking a lot of people over in the process (A LOT)

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I would buy copper instead. You can buy 7000 pounds of copper for the amount you would spend on one pound of gold.

Tebowl
    2011 MLB 26-30

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I would buy copper instead. You can buy 7000 pounds of copper for the amount you would spend on one pound of gold.

lmfao.... if someone had enough money to even consider purchasing these "commodoities" they sure as fck wudnt buy copper. I WOULD buy gold if i had the money, but I dont...therees a lot of fukking money on the table this thing is gonna get dirty , and ugly, quick.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It's a gambling market now
    So many just gambling as opposed to years ago when most had no access to point and click trading and professional trading programs that are very cheap,

The Internet ruined financial markets

Tebowl
    2011 MLB 26-30

People are making buying or selling decisions based on completely random nonsense and bad information... think about that for a second... we r fukked.

InTheRed
    InTheRed's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17656

Gold is the only universal currency. Historically.

Wars were fought over it. It was actually used as currency in most of the major civilizations in history.

When Fiat money fails, the world returns to the one thing that over time, has had a value in terms of currency and is readily available. Gold has been the standard for hundreds, if not thousands of years. Hence why when economies go down, people always say buy gold. Which has been happened for several years now.

aceking
    aceking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

look at the US$ chart , 50% down in 10 years .

maersksealand
    maersksealand's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Tebowl View Post

silver was a super great investment for people who got it 2 years ago when was $10/oz. Silver is a better investment for people not having money to buy gold by ounce. In the long run both metals (gold and silver) share pretty much the same odds of going up or down. anyway, in the last 6 months silver made 100% profits, for whoever sold when it reach the $46/oz price...

Gold is very high because of the demand and the historic appeal of protecting the wealth, but after all it's just a useless piece of metal. In the long run platinum is a much safer bet, at any sign of economic recovery it will go up. Platinum is stable around $1700/1800 in the last 6 months.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

jjgold is so high because he constantly snorts yayo and a little heroin freebase from time to time.

Tebowl
    2011 MLB 26-30

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    jjgold is so high because he constantly snorts yayo and a little heroin freebase from time to time.
    oh yeah JJ? send me some plz

philswin
    philswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4640

Hard to make sense out of market anymore - stock beat earning estimates with neutral/positive outlook at the damn thinks drops. Stocks miss earnings and go up.

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5590

Why is Gold so high you ask? Because David Sethlin is fukkin low that's why!

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

because, apparently our primitive monkey brains are still impressed by shiny objects...

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

It's not rocket science. Precious metals (mainly gold) have always been the universal currency since the beginning of time. When confidence is low and a nation's currency is about to take a shit and become worthless or atleast signifigantly devalued, people always turn back to precious metals, hence continuing to drive the price higher. Any country's currency is just a monetary instrument that can go up or down or crash and come completely worthless at any time. That's why the smart ones continue to buy commodities like gold that will always be universally accepted. Think for instance if the US substained a massive nuclear attack tommorrow and 90% of the country was destroyed and it was total chaos and anarachy. Do you really think you would be able to get the supplies you need to survive with US dollars or with a stock portfolio? Not a chance. The dollar would only be good for toilet paper at that point....literally. Gold, silver, platinum would be the only instruments accepted

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Quote Originally Posted by maersksealand View Post
    silver was a super great investment for people who got it 2 years ago when was $10/oz. Silver is a better investment for people not having money to buy gold by ounce. In the long run both metals (gold and silver) share pretty much the same odds of going up or down. anyway, in the last 6 months silver made 100% profits, for whoever sold when it reach the $46/oz price...

Gold is very high because of the demand and the historic appeal of protecting the wealth, but after all it's just a useless piece of metal. In the long run platinum is a much safer bet, at any sign of economic recovery it will go up. Platinum is stable around $1700/1800 in the last 6 months.

Hardly the case. Do you have any idea how many industrial uses gold has because of it's unique qualities? It is a completely indestructible material. We would have never been able to go into space without it.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jimkotecki View Post
    silver is being regulated big time with the margin requirements, they basically kicked the small investor out, thats why its still staying between 35-40

gold is going to 2000+

Stocks
    Stocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

lol when I read the title and first post I thought he ment JJgold

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8353

When I saw this I thought u were talking about jj !! You never know around here !! I

yahoonino
    yahoonino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1449

Quote Originally Posted by gryfyn1 View Post
    because, apparently our primitive monkey brains are still impressed by shiny objects...
    the best answer so far

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

Approaching $1800 today.