pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Gold is heading to $2500

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/break...6&asset=&ccode=

According to this guy. Man I may have to sell my gold jewelry if gold hits $2500. I bought most of mine when it was $500.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe in 2030

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

LOL anytime you read predictions it is for one thing only, to get all the idiots who didnt buy it at 250 to buy it at 1600 so the guys who are sitting on a ton can dump it when it hits their number, which obviously isnt 1600.

The only reason it has gone above 1250 is because enough sheep have been falling for the same bullshit they always fall for and are buying it up at a way over priced number. Once the smart guys who bought it when it was actually cheap start dumping it the gold price will crash also. Just like Silver did. They talked about silver hitting a hundred bucks for weeks, it hit a little more than 60 and everyone dumped it cutting the price in half. Then those guys who sold rebought and waited for the next run of suckers to push it up again.

Fear is the best ally to the rich, and the poor get suckered in every time. if you arent in at a good price then you arent in at all, thats the bottom line. Anyone buying gold now is brain dead. End of story.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    LOL anytime you read predictions it is for one thing only, to get all the idiots who didnt buy it at 250 to buy it at 1600 so the guys who are sitting on a ton can dump it when it hits their number, which obviously isnt 1600.

The only reason it has gone above 1250 is because enough sheep have been falling for the same bullshit they always fall for and are buying it up at a way over priced number. Once the smart guys who bought it when it was actually cheap start dumping it the gold price will crash also. Just like Silver did. They talked about silver hitting a hundred bucks for weeks, it hit a little more than 60 and everyone dumped it cutting the price in half. Then those guys who sold rebought and waited for the next run of suckers to push it up again.

Fear is the best ally to the rich, and the poor get suckered in every time. if you arent in at a good price then you arent in at all, thats the bottom line. Anyone buying gold now is brain dead. End of story.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

LOL anytime you read predictions it is for one thing only, to get all the idiots who didnt buy it at 250 to buy it at 1600 so the guys who are sitting on a ton can dump it when it hits their number, which obviously isnt 1600. The only reason it has gone above 1250 is because enough sheep have been falling for the same bullshit they always fall for and are buying it up at a way over priced number. Once the smart guys who bought it when it was actually cheap start dumping it the gold price will crash also. Just like Silver did. They talked about silver hitting a hundred bucks for weeks, it hit a little more than 60 and everyone dumped it cutting the price in half. Then those guys who sold rebought and waited for the next run of suckers to push it up again. Fear is the best ally to the rich, and the poor get suckered in every time. if you arent in at a good price then you arent in at all, thats the bottom line. Anyone buying gold now is brain dead. End of story.
    Probably the smartest thing ever written on SBR Forum

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

am dying to sell it short but maybe traders trying to get it to 2000 and then a big drop off

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Pure idiocy, if you can get gold at close to spot value then buy as much of it as you can afford to save, this is what the rich and Chinese are doing which is why the price is skyrocketing

Gold has an inverse relationship to the current value of the US dollar as well as speculation of the dollar's future performance, the question is which way do you see the value of the US dollar going? Gold prices in the last 10 years are up 500%, gold going to 2500 would not be surprising at all, in fact it would surprise me more if it didnt get to 2500 in the next year considering the insane fiscal mismanagement and historic credit rating drop the US is experiencing

No sane person would rather invest in the US dollar rather than gold right now

BTW silver is up 120% in the last year, how can you possibly consider silver investors suckers?
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 08-08-11 at 03:41 PM.

lemart5
    FOOTBALL TIME
    lemart5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Central banks are taking physical delivery of gold as a trader this tells me there is still room in this trade how much room I don't know.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    Pure idiocy, if you can get gold at close to spot value by as much of it as you can afford to save, this is what the rich and Chinese are doing which is why the price is skyrocketing

Gold has an inverse relationship to the current value and stability of the US dollar, the question is which way do you see the value of the US dollar going? Gold prices in the last 10 years are up 500%, gold going to 2500 would not be surprising at all, in fact it would surprise me more if it didnt get to 2500 in the next year considering the insane fiscal mismanagement and credit rating dropping the US is going under

No sane person would rather invest in the US dollar rather than gold right now
    BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Anyone with a brain bought it in 1999 or even earlier. And like I say all this talk about the economy and the strength of the dollar and this country or that country, its exactly what peoeple want you to hear.

Its akin to sports where people try and convince you of one thing then get their number and make a score off your stupidity.

Sure yu can buy now at 1600, pay the premium when you buy (probably 1675 or so), it goes up to 2000, you dump it, and pay a premium then as well (probably get 1925, maybe 1950), so what? You risked 17K to make 2750. Or in the very least tied up that much money.

While stocks, bonds, and all the usual avenues arent so great right now it still doesnt mean there arent options.

But as with everything else there is a reason why it happens, and there is a reason why we are now seeing this huge leap. Its called the internet, and everyone being able to access stuff and becoming an instant expert on everything.

No coincidence all this stuff really is taking off now that joe citizen and his wife can google something and be a know it all in about 2 hours.

Yet even because of that no one got in when the getting was good, and now people are being told to get in now 'before its too late'. Its been too late for about 8 years.

So they sucker the people who know just enough to get in trouble to buy into it.

If the economy crashes that bad that you'll be able to trade gold for food or other items you need for basic survival you wont need gold at all. I would invest in automatic weapons and ammo.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273605

Gold at these prices is one of the best short or sells Ive seen...

wantitall4moi

yeah silver has gone up and down, the guys who had it sold it, then rebought when the price crashed a couple months ago, so I would expect them to wait alittle longer this time. I think they sold the public short on stupidity and moved too early. Its like having a big fish on the line, they already fileted one, now they can just keep casting and get an even bigger one.

People who are desperate and are trying to get rich quick or with little to know effort are perfect marks for these guys. Most people dont have enough money to make a big score, but the people looking to fleece other just need enough people to buy in. They really dont want a few people controlling it, thats their job. They want a lot of people with a little bit looking to make a score.

Like I say the more people know the easier it is to con them. Silver is perfect because it is cheap enough that most people can afford at least a little bit of it. But arent willing to buy enough to really make a significant issue or hurt the price if they themselves try to sell all they have at once.

Silver is the poor mans gold, I am just surprised it hasnt been exploited more before this.

bettilimbroke999

Gold up nearly 500% in the last 10 years

Lets say you bought 350 ounce in 2001 and paid 5% premium so invested 370 an ounce, you now sell it for 1720 for a profit of 1350 an ounce, meanwhile if you put your money S&P 500 during the past 10 years you've lost around 1/3 of your money

Yea the sheep that invested their money in gold in the last 10 years are really kickin themselves for not investing in the market
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 08-08-11 at 04:07 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Daiman

jjgold

So many people can trade gold now because of internet, they are pushing price up
    Gold also has these key numbers that traders like to hit, key meaning just big old round numbers like 2000
    I would not doubt that is the goal of the traders to hit this cozy number

wantitall4moi

Gold up nearly 500% in the last 10 years

Lets say you bought 350 ounce in 2001 and paid 5% premium so invested 370 an ounce, you now sell it for 1720 for a profit of 1350 an ounce, meanwhile if you put your money S&P 500 during the past 10 years you've lost around 1/3 of your money

Yea the sheep that invested their money in gold in the last 10 years are really kickin themselves for not investing in the market
    Hey genius, big difference between 350 and 1600. You are exactly the type of people that these guys feed on. Completely frigging clueless. Or thinks they know something when they dont. take your pick.

That is why I said about a dozen times, if you bought gold in 1999-2002 or so you were OK. Hell my retarded cousin bought almost 50K worth back then on a disability settlement in 01. He sold some off at 1200 awhile ago, but still has the bulk.

Bottom line is when everyone starts buying main stream it is way too late.

It was less than a grand a year ago where were these threads then? Now that main stream media is talking about it everyone is a genius. Which basically shows how dumb most are.

Only thread I saw was someone pimping silver when it was about 15 bux an ounce. Which I will reiterate, is the poor mans gold. They trade that shit like baseball cards.

luckypollok
    luckypollok's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

By when, will agree 100% it will 1800 by years end, silver (maybe) 65-70, imo silver is a great investment, gold is 2 high imo for the novice investor(buyer)

jjgold

up again tonight another $8

chemicalbrother
    Under the Influence
    chemicalbrother's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    So many people can trade gold now because of internet, they are pushing price up
    Gold also has these key numbers that traders like to hit, key meaning just big old round numbers like 2000
    I would not doubt that is the goal of the traders to hit this cozy number
    haha...yeah, gold's resistance levels are based on 'big old round numbers'.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Quote Originally Posted by chemicalbrother View Post
    haha...yeah, gold's resistance levels are based on 'big old round numbers'.

You have to remember this is the same guy who told the forum to short gold weeks ago and to buy Dow Futures last Monday. His stock investment picks are even worse than his sports picks.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

Would have been a short seller a month ago in Gold. With the bad economic news and everything, Its hard to tell in the long run. I doubt it will reach 2500 by January. Everything has gone bad recently in the economy and gold is not up anything crazy . How bad would things have to get for it to be up that much.

jeter12171
    yankees
    jeter12171's Avatar Become A Pro!

jj has 1 10ct gold ring

bettilimbroke999

Hey genius, big difference between 350 and 1600. You are exactly the type of people that these guys feed on. Completely frigging clueless. Or thinks they know something when they dont. take your pick.

That is why I said about a dozen times, if you bought gold in 1999-2002 or so you were OK. Hell my retarded cousin bought almost 50K worth back then on a disability settlement in 01. He sold some off at 1200 awhile ago, but still has the bulk.

Bottom line is when everyone starts buying main stream it is way too late.

It was less than a grand a year ago where were these threads then? Now that main stream media is talking about it everyone is a genius. Which basically shows how dumb most are.

Only thread I saw was someone pimping silver when it was about 15 bux an ounce. Which I will reiterate, is the poor mans gold. They trade that shit like baseball cards.
    So when it was 35 bucks an ounce in the 70s and it had risen to 350 an ounce 25 years later in 2000 you must've been saying **** gold is a sucker buy theres a big difference between 35 and 350 . Go buy some index fund that pays half its profits to its board of directors and watch your money divide itself you fuckin genius, all the sheep put their money in mutual funds and IRAs and pray to get a 2% return like you while the gold buyers are up 5000% in the past 40 years (5x S&P 500 performance) and 500% (vs the -30% S&P 500 performance) in the last 10 years alone
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 08-09-11 at 02:12 AM.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

OP gold wishes he had $2500

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19751

Selling gold is always so tricky. I have a little and some silver too and always thought I would hold on to it just in case. You know the .00001% chance that all money becomes worthless and I'll need something to buy food (ammo?) with.

wantitall4moi

So when it was 35 bucks an ounce in the 70s and it had risen to 350 an ounce 25 years later in 2000 you must've been saying **** gold is a sucker buy theres a big difference between 35 and 350 . Go buy some index fund that pays half its profits to its board of directors and watch your money divide itself you fuckin genius, all the sheep put their money in mutual funds and IRAs and pray to get a 2% return like you while the gold buyers are up 5000% in the past 40 years (5x S&P 500 performance) and 500% (vs the -30% S&P 500 performance) in the last 10 years alone
    There are many more way to invest money than in the markets you know.

You guys, once again get caught up in this whole process. The stock market is a scam. So it is and never was a good way to cite how to invest money to get a good return. Same as with CDs or anything basically that banks control.

I took a little over 250K in 1998 and rolled it over into about 10 million and it is still growing. Basically because I dont invest in anything that has to do with banks. Or the corruption that runs them.

Granted I got lucky and had good timing on some things (where banks are partially involved) but overall even without that luck and timing it still would have been over 8.

Keep promoting stocks and bonds and whatever other failures the government suckers people into buying and the guys with brains will continue to out perform that stupidity 50 times over. The only people that make money from that shit are the guys who manipulate it...period.

Bigmikesm
    Bigmikesm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1690

Quote Originally Posted by luckypollok View Post
    By when, will agree 100% it will 1800 by years end, silver (maybe) 65-70, imo silver is a great investment, gold is 2 high imo for the novice investor(buyer)
    Silver is 38 dollars today. By years end you'll be lucky if it's at 45! If we could predict the price of gold and silver we'd all be milliOnaires.

Outlawdino
    Outlawdino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Value is in the eyes of the beholder. So many arguments can be made either way...but I always ask myself when reading posts/responses...what is the age/experience/background, ect of the persons making their claims/opinions? Facts are facts, most people are avg joes...and avg joes have opinions, but few have a clue...that's why the avg joe is avg...not rich/wealthy, ect. Value is made on good decision making, that's why I can't knock anyone for making profits on this bull market that has been going on for 10-11 yrs.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

The Dow will hit 14000 BEFORE gold hits 2000.

wantitall4moi

these threads and the rhetoric and hysteria running amok in general is really pretty comical.

it goes right to the heart f how people think....what can I get for as little as possible? Anyone that knows anything about history knows this is nothing new, and something always gets done to 'fix' it. Even though it never really needed fixing in the first place. It was all a scam to scare peopel to milk them for alittle bit more. Like I said slavery was abolished, but not the way the elite classes exploit the working classes. So slaves were replaced by sheep that they allowed to think were making aliving. The elite simply keeps the lower classes as down as possible.

So what happens? The little people try and revolt by 'getting smart'. But what they dont realize is by the time they smarten up it is already way too late. This gold thing is a perfect example. Gold has ALWAYS been a long term investment. And even that has been questionable for about 40 years since we went off the gold standard. But it always held a special place to people. But in the late 80s and all through the 90s gold wasnt worth shit. it was less than 500 bux an ounce, and if you bought hoards you could get it for 200 for awhile. Where were all the plebes then? They were in the dot com market trying to get rich quick and losing their asses. So now theyre rying to make gold another get rich quick item. And the smart people are letting them do it because theyre sitting on all of it. So when these knuckleheads hit the right price you'll see a MASSIVE sell off and these guys will panic again and sell what they bought (at a loss) and then the smart peopel who sold it to them for 1900 or so will be buying it back up at 8 or 9 hundred. oh yeah, the economy will then suddenly have an unexplainable up swing and everyone will once again be tricked into thinking everything is fine.

The internet and instance information has been the con mans best friend. And by conmen I mean the governments and economic talking heads. Watch some of these shows sometimes, there is ZERO difference between these guys talking stocks than there is with Stu feiner talking about hitting a 10 million star parlay. Except most people are smart enough to realize feiner is ful of shit, while most people actually believe what these economic guys are spewing.

Cash is still king I am afraid to tell you, and just because it supposedly isnt worth much you still need it to buy things. "value" and "worth" are all relative, and the differences they are talking about are nonsense, but make good banter to scare people even more.

Bottomline is if people went to work or whatever they do to make a living, put enough money away to live on later in life things will be just fine. But they want to retire as millionaires by putting away a hundred bux every two weeks for 20 years or so. And that just isnt going to happen. It is an unrealistic goal that people were sold on by these same economists who are now crying Armageddon.

You know when you read stories about people who find wads of cash in old houses? Well there is a reason why....those people hid their moeny and didnt let someone else steal it from them. They got rich by just holding onto it. And every time I hear a story about someone finding 250-500K in an attic somewhere I dont hear some asshole say..."you know when that person stuffed that mattress back in 1950 whatever that money was worth 4 million by today's standards". No they say "wow someone struck it rich".

Also people talking about taking money out of their 401K or dropping it altogether. Stupid. Even if the concept is dumb, once youre locked in you have to stay. If people had a PLAN in place then shit like this isnt an issue. The plans are made to reduce things like this from affecting people too much. but once again it is all about unrealistic expectations. People want 5-7% year after year, they want matching funds, they want dividends, they want tax free gains. Well it isnt going to happen. Entitlement got us where we are now. And while it is bad, it isnt nearly as bad as people try to make it out to be.

Like I said somewhere before, until I need to load up the guns and head to every Wal Mart and Cosco I run into between here and a good hide out to stock up supplies I am not too worried.

People just need to shill out, take their losses and wait it out. because in 20 more years after this rights itself there will be people talking about the same thing (only worse) then. it is a cycle, and people have to realize that.

Last thing, go read a history book.

aceking
    aceking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Gold will be $2000 by next month , its almost $1800 today .

US$ is worth less than the ink used to print it .

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by aceking View Post
    Gold will be $2000 by next month , its almost $1800 today .

US$ is worth less than the ink used to print it .
    Its JJ GOLD not JJ PAPER

mebaran
    Con los terroristas
    mebaran's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

I don't think many people realize the correlation between the real interest rate and gold/silver prices. When interest rates are low, the opportunity cost of holding gold is low since paper securities are usually not seeing significant gains. HOWEVER, when interest rates are high and paper investments are healthy, gold prices drop...which is exactly what will happen within the next 6 months. We're on an interest rate bubble, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Fed started slowly raising rates..

Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

Anybody notice how there are less TV commercials trying to get you to sell gold? And of course, the TV commercials trying to get you to BUY gold are still prevalent. Do you really think these companies are trying to help you? Do you think you know more about gold than a company whose entire purpose is trading gold? Come on guys, this has bubble written all over it. Don't be around when it bursts.

bettilimbroke999

Quote Originally Posted by mebaran View Post
    I don't think many people realize the correlation between the real interest rate and gold/silver prices. When interest rates are low, the opportunity cost of holding gold is low since paper securities are usually not seeing significant gains. HOWEVER, when interest rates are high and paper investments are healthy, gold prices drop...which is exactly what will happen within the next 6 months. We're on an interest rate bubble, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Fed started slowly raising rates..
    Up 5000% since the 70s, graph looks like a fuckin right angle, gold is a store of wealth and rises both with inflation (as everything does) but also with perceptions of economic instability....it is hard to imagine either of those ending in the next 6 months even if interests rates are raised

Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Rest View Post
    Anybody notice how there are less TV commercials trying to get you to sell gold? And of course, the TV commercials trying to get you to BUY gold are still prevalent. Do you really think these companies are trying to help you? Do you think you know more about gold than a company whose entire purpose is trading gold? Come on guys, this has bubble written all over it. Don't be around when it bursts.
    Ever heard of commission? Just bc a company wants you to buy something doesnt mean it is a bad purchase. When Wal-Mart has a commercial do you quit buying things they sell bc you feel they are setting you up? They just want you to buy their shit for a buck that they bought for 50 cents or whatever
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 08-09-11 at 01:51 PM.

mebaran
    Con los terroristas
    mebaran's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

Up 5000% since the 70s, graph looks like a fuckin right angle, gold is a store of wealth and rises both with inflation (as everything does) but also with perceptions of economic instability....it is hard to imagine either of those ending in the next 6 months even if interests rates are raised
    There's some sort of unhealthy infatuation with gold though, you have to admit it...and with many top company balance sheets looking way better than they did at the end of 2008, there are growth opportunities in stocks. As soon as the public is convinced of that, doesn't it lead to a bubble being popped? I would almost expect to see a drop down to a resistance level of about 1200, wouldn't you?

At any rate, what are your thoughts about going long crude via ETFs? I'm giving the market a chance to breathe for a week or so, but I believe you're going to want a long position there.

wantitall4moi

you cant tell these idiots anything. Either in sports or in markets. All people do is preach 'line value' and getting the best number is the only way to win in sports, then theyre the same ******* clowns spending 1800+ premium for gold because some asshole on a show somewhere said it would hit 2500.

The time to buy something is when no one else wants it or is noticing it. When shit is out in the open and there is a mad clamor for it that is the time to back the **** away from the table. Stocks are crashing, and they keep artificially inflating the number on gold, and suckering more and more people into BUY orders for it, then once they hit their number. Might be around 1920 or so, depending on what theyre seeing for volume the guys who bought it all up last time they dumped it will dump it again, leaving all the fools who are holding it at close to 1900 (with the premium) holding their dicks wondering and begging for it to go up again just so they dont take a complete bath.

Either way mickey mousing with gold is a fool's errand. Unless you have alot of cash or the price is real cheap you arent going to get rich messing with it. Only way youre going to make serious money is if you bought a bar ( 400 oz/ 25 lb) or two back when it was 500 an ounce and you got the bars for 225K or so. And you could now flip it for 1750 or so counting premium. Then youre looking at 500K profit a bar. But more than likely guys are sitting on some trashy Chinese panda Ozs and think they are going to be printing money. Unless you have pounds of it it just isnt there.

12 Last