InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

half the take is donated to "charity"

sorta like that big east coast suicide pool is handled

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I think bases can be beat......My first year seriously betting and I am up a decent amount thus far.....I am also just a recreational player so Im not bragging about how much I make or anything....just some extra cash to play around with

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    half the take is donated to "charity"

sorta like that big east coast suicide pool is handled

sorry to say not much charity from that establishment. Yes, personal charity but nothing to do with the business.

I think I am going to tell you guys pretty soon because I think you are ignoring one very important part about this business. And I think you could have figured it out if you thought about the circumstances and some of the hints I gave.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    sorry to say not much charity from that establishment. Yes, personal charity but nothing to do with the business.

I think I am going to tell you guys pretty soon because I think you are ignoring one very important part about this business. And I think you could have figured it out if you thought about the circumstances and some of the hints I gave.
    I'm doing well. How are you? One hint you gave, "playing sports" is key. I just can't picture how this would make it not illegal.

robmpink
    Update your status

Is it because others took the bets at this physical address and you and your boss didn't? You got a % of the action for just having a meeting place?

I'm just trying to think out of the box. If a bunch of people met at a K-mart and booked on Sundays, if they got caught, Kmart wouldn't be held responsible.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    Is it because others took the bets at this physical address and you and your boss didn't? You got a % of the action for just having a meeting place?

I'm just trying to think out of the box. If a bunch of people met at a K-mart and booked on Sundays, if they got caught, Kmart wouldn't be held responsible.

Okay here is what the state troopers told the owner of the establishment. I gave hints that people came to this establishment which meant if you think about it they didn't call on the phone. Trooper said if you don't use the phone and you don't deal with those football cards nobody will bother you. That is what we did and we were never raided. This means you had to come into the place make a slip of the pieces you wanted then pay for it right on the spot and come collect your money either later in the day or the next day.

Now this is what I was told by my boss so if this is true and it is true that we were never raided I must conclude that either making a wager isn't illegal unless it is done on the phone. Also, I am assuming those cards are considered games of chance so they are illegal too. I am some what guessing here but that is what I was told by the owner.

robmpink
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    Okay here is what the state troopers told the owner of the establishment. I gave hints that people came to this establishment which meant if you think about it they didn't call on the phone. Trooper said if you don't use the phone and you don't deal with those football cards nobody will bother you. That is what we did and we were never raided. This means you had to come into the place make a slip of the pieces you wanted then pay for it right on the spot and come collect your money either later in the day or the next day.

Now this is what I was told by my boss so if this is true and it is true that we were never raided I must conclude that either making a wager isn't illegal unless it is done on the phone. Also, I am assuming those cards are considered games of chance so they are illegal too. I am some what guessing here but that is what I was told by the owner.
    Dante,
    I would question that because what would be the difference if I had a small slot parlor where people went inside to play? If people are coming in to make the bets and handing someone $110 to make $100 that is illegal. I'm glad things worked out in the long run.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    Dante,
    I would question that because what would be the difference if I had a small slot parlor where people went inside to play? If people are coming in to make the bets and handing someone $110 to make $100 that is illegal. I'm glad things worked out in the long run.

You would think wouldn't you. But like you said it did work out. I don't know. Maybe, making a wager is not illegal if it is not on the phone. That is why I mentioned I would like a lawyer to answer this. I was still very careful even though he told me this because I couldn't afford to be arrested and I only gave wagers to people I knew and people that were recommended by others.

First 12