forsberg21
    forsberg21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2601

Goodbye America! You've Been Booted Out Of The ELITE AAA Club!!!

I saw this coming as soon as your braindead politicians started printing money, thinking it would solve all your problems. It's a great thing I shorted the market months ago with options on leveraged ETFs! I made a small fortune on Thursday and I can't wait for Monday to roll around!

Seriously though, WTF is wrong with your country? You're a nation that lives on credit and are completely oblivious to the consequences of taking on debt. It's not only your government, it's the individual citizens too. Who in their right fukking mind would ever take out a home equity line of credit on a house they've built up equity in towards a car they obviously can't afford? How the hell do you carry a 5 digit balance on a CC? I think Americans have this fallacy that taking on credit isn't such a big deal, that credit doesn't have to be paid back.

The USA gloats that it's the greatest, richest nation in the world. The fact of the matter is that the USA is your next door neighbour with the Mercedes on his driveway, 52 inch plasma TV, speedboat and all the hottest toys money can buy. At the same time, this neighbour is has a negative net worth, is living pay check to pay check, and is on the verge of declaring personal bankruptcy.

RIP USA... it's only a matter of time.

Forsberg21 - Citizen of a nation who enjoys a AAA credit rating, too bad you AmeriCANTS can't say same thing!!!

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great post horse's ass

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Report to the Politics Thread and don't come out until told to do so by a Moderator.....Players Talk isn't for this crap

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Canada lost their AAA rating back in 93 for a few years, it must have sucked being a Canadian during that time.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

like a bunch of degen gamblers care about a credit rating......... stfu foreskin

Cuse4tw
    Sharp Square
    Cuse4tw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

this guys the definition of a "hamburger"

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

damn, jealous much? lol. its pretty sad this guy has to gloat about a country's rating being downgraded to feel good about himself. go bang a moose.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

I always liked Geico better than AAA anyway...

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Just remember this Forsberg, those who spend all of their time hating someone or something have sad and pathetic lives. This would be you. You care way too much about the US. Now go back to sucking your mom's dick.

excel
    unapproved
    excel's Avatar Become A Pro!

move along

SprayBoy
    SprayBoy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

I'm gonna assume you're Swedish based on your name...but anyway you're just a massive prick. Much love from Canada my American brothers

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

where've you been, old news, gotta keep up with the news brah

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11782

We are going to vote them all out come election time

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Jesus, Forsy.......this thread didn't go as planned, huh?

When you only got one thing you're capable of talking about, it wears thin fairly quickly.

Your 15 mins of internet have even run out. Gonna be a pretty lonely life for you, kid.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

in2thethickofit
    in2thethickofit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by SprayBoy View Post
    I'm gonna assume you're Swedish based on your name...but anyway you're just a massive prick. Much love from Canada my American brothers
    A descent human being, this guy is

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

actually moodys and fitch have maintained an AAA rating for the US

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

and yet, forsberg, you still love using our internet, don't yah? gtfo here with your bullshit copy/paste unoriginal diatribe. think of all the things that you wouldn't have if it weren't for america. count your fukking blessings. we could squash you like a bug if we wanted to.

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Business as usual

Nothing to see here, move along now

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by SprayBoy View Post
    Forsberg doesn't have the balls to say where he lives. All we know is he still lives with his parents and is in college. We have a term for that in America. It is "loser."

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    and yet, forsberg, you still love using our internet, don't yah? gtfo here with your bullshit copy/paste unoriginal diatribe. think of all the things that you wouldn't have if it weren't for america. count your fukking blessings. we could squash you like a bug if we wanted to.
    this here sums up why people hate the US, because every one that is born there grows up to me ignorant and arrogant

the internet originated from research that was carried out in many countries, not only the US, if the US had not existed, the world would still have internet

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

I realize these type of threads and players talk are probably not the places to look for any intellectual discussion on the credit downgrade but the Atlantic had some good quotes from people like Warren Buffett and some good links

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/busin...wngrade/40916/

Warren Buffett said the US downgrade doesnt make sense.

I don't get it," Buffett told FBN late Friday night. In fact, Buffett reaffirmed his belief in the quality of the United States' credit telling FBN, "In Omaha, the U.S. is still triple A. In fact, if there were a quadruple-A rating, I'd give the U.S. that.

The downgrade should have little effect on the stock market Monday, Buffett said.

"If nothing else takes place, meaning, if all other variables hold and there isn't say, a new problem in Europe, it won't make any difference."

"Think about it," Buffett said. "The U.S., to my knowledge owes no money in currency other than the U.S. dollar, which it can print at will. Now if you're talking about inflation, that's a different question."

Asked if he believed the U.S. deserved the downgrade, Buffett said, "No … remember, this is the same group that downgraded Berkshire.

Paul Krugman wrote in a Times editorial that "everything I’ve heard about S&P’s demands suggests that it’s talking nonsense about the U.S. fiscal situation." http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/201...man&seid=auto# He added:

"In short, S&P is just making stuff up — and after the mortgage debacle, they really don’t have that right. So this is an outrage — not because America is A-OK, but because these people are in no position to pass judgment."

Robert Reich, professor of Public Policy at Berkeley and former Secretary of Labor under Clinton said that S&P "has no business downgrading the U.S." http://robertreich.org/post/8542550924

"Pardon me for asking, but who gave Standard & Poor’s the authority to tell America how much debt it has to shed, and how?... S&P’s intrusion into American politics is also ironic because, as I pointed out recently, much of our current debt is directly or indirectly due to S&P’s failures..."

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Just remember this Forsberg, those who spend all of their time hating someone or something have sad and pathetic lives. This would be you. You care way too much about the US. Now go back to sucking your mom's dick.

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by forsberg21 View Post
    I saw this coming as soon as your braindead politicians started printing money, thinking it would solve all your problems. It's a great thing I shorted the market months ago with options on leveraged ETFs! I made a small fortune on Thursday and I can't wait for Monday to roll around!

Seriously though, WTF is wrong with your country? You're a nation that lives on credit and are completely oblivious to the consequences of taking on debt. It's not only your government, it's the individual citizens too. Who in their right fukking mind would ever take out a home equity line of credit on a house they've built up equity in towards a car they obviously can't afford? How the hell do you carry a 5 digit balance on a CC? I think Americans have this fallacy that taking on credit isn't such a big deal, that credit doesn't have to be paid back.

The USA gloats that it's the greatest, richest nation in the world. The fact of the matter is that the USA is your next door neighbour with the Mercedes on his driveway, 52 inch plasma TV, speedboat and all the hottest toys money can buy. At the same time, this neighbour is has a negative net worth, is living pay check to pay check, and is on the verge of declaring personal bankruptcy.

RIP USA... it's only a matter of time.

Forsberg21 - Citizen of a nation who enjoys a AAA credit rating, too bad you AmeriCANTS can't say same thing!!!
    Your constant bashing of the United States tells me one thing, you're jealous that you don't live here.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

The talk with Buffett about the downgrade

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2...#ixzz1UDqJpDSQ

Berkshire Hathaway Chairman and CEO Warren Buffett told the FOX Business Network that S&P's downgrade of the United States' triple-A credit rating "doesn't make sense."

"I don't get it," Buffett told FBN late Friday night. In fact, Buffett reaffirmed his belief in the quality of the United States' credit telling FBN, "In Omaha, the U.S. is still triple A. In fact, if there were a quadruple-A rating, I'd give the U.S. that."
    Buffett told me tonight that Berkshire Hathaway's T-bill exposure is significant.

"We just filed our 10Q and we have $47 billion in cash and cash equivalents. Well over $40 billion of it is in short end T-bills. (Tonight's S&P downgrade) doesn't tempt me to sell. We'll stay right there."

Buffett sounded no alarm bells about the downgrade, going so far as to say it wouldn't have much effect on the markets Monday. "If nothing else takes place, meaning, if all other variables hold and there isn't say, a new problem in Europe, it won't make any difference."

"Think about it. The U.S., to my knowledge owes no money in currency other than the U.S. dollar, which it can print at will. Now if you're talking about inflation, that's a different question."

When asked if he felt the U.S. deserved the downgrade, Buffett said, "No." He took a swipe at S&P, quipping, "Remember, this is the same group that downgraded Berkshire."

The downgrade has prompted some economists and market watchers to warn that interest rates may rise, the dollar may weaken and stocks could see a sell-off. When asked whether he was worried about market gyrations Monday, Buffett said, "No"

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

You base your name of a player from.... Sweden. Also how much debt do you actually think we are in? I hope you don't base your facts off the National Debt Clock. Oh well I'll continue to enjoy my life not even knowing what the hell this credit rating crap is watching sports that the USA owns, the one thing that I actually care about.