DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7905

Pavy - need some U20 World Cup picks

hook me up

I am liking Costa Rica here. Tie gets them through though. They have been playing well.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 304

I took the over on Costa Rica/Ecuador. CR defense is really bad and they will not play for the scoreless draw. The best defense for CR is offense and I expect a high scoring affair with Ecuador needing to go for the win.

I have no play on Spain/Australia game since I don't know what team Spain is fielding having already qualified. If we were to compare with last night you can see that both Colombia and Portugal who have already qualified had low scoring 1-0 games playing possession game.

I haven't looked at the night games yet.
    Last edited by pavyracer; 08-06-11 at 04:35 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jjgold

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Ecuador up 1-0 after just 2 minutes.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Ecuador up 2-0 after 13 minutes.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7905

I took the over 2.5

and a tie

so looks like 1/2

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Ecuador 3-0 final

As for tonight's games the Croatia/Guatemala game is meaningless. Looking at Croatia's lineup Kramaric and Horvat who started the last two games and are most likely their best offensive players are not playing and are not even substitutes. Guatemala also has 3 previous starters not playing at all. I would avoid betting on this game like the plague.

Now the Nigeria/Saudi Arabia is more interesting game. I think Nigeria will field a strong squad and try to at least not lose this game because if they lose they will have to play Brazil next round instead of France. Saudi Arabia will be thinking the same and they would not play for the draw. Saudi's defense is pretty good and they will be tested tonight since in my opinion Nigeria is the second best team in the tourney after Spain.

If you can afford to bet Nigeria pk at a very juicy line do it. That will be my first option and second the over 2.5 since I think Saudi Arabia can score vs Nigeria. Nigeria defense is not their strong point.