No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Would this country be better off without the 24/7 news bullshit?

I honestly think it drives many Americans' fears -- they stay glued to this shit, become zombies and drones hanging on the every word of the agenda-driven media outlets, and BAM! Perception becomes reality, and we become one big collective blob of self-fulfilling prophecy.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: obamaismyuncle

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Thas why only news I listen to is Espn news
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: lolguy999

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 311

I only listen to Peter Loshak for the news

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Yes.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

That is what happend to me with the swine flu. paranoiana

mwgriffin
    mwgriffin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I honestly think it drives many Americans' fears -- they stay glued to this shit, become zombies and drones hanging on the every word of the agenda-driven media outlets, and BAM! Perception becomes reality, and we become one big collective blob of self-fulfilling prophecy.
    agree

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Yes, the media controls the minds of the ignorant people.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

you are correct sir. I don't even watch ESPN unless its on mute. ESPN has become TMZ.

If you want real sports coverage MLB network and NFL network are much better.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

there is no news anymore it is all commentary, terrorism, and fear mongering. The thing is the vastmajority of the people dont pay attention anyway. But the ones that do are the same ones who feel more in tune and/or informed. So they feel they can then dictate what has to be done to the ones smart enough not to watch. and as I mentioned in another post the ones who dont watch are more than willing to listen to them because they believe what they are saying. because people are sheep.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

What about the Drudge Report?

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    What about the Drudge Report?
    God bless Matt Drudge, the only man with the balls to break the Monica Lewinsky story.

NY Times had the story, CBS News had the story, they all decided to sit on it, sweep it under the rug, hope it would go away, their thinking, "our man Clinton will get buried over this, we can't report it"

Without all this news media, we'd be like 40 years ago, when Cronkite and Rather fed us lefty slanted news, with no other options.

It's common knowledge CBS hates the right wing so much, they would either slant the news to the left, or out right lie and make shit up.

Just ask Mr. Rather.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post

God bless Matt Drudge, the only man with the balls to break the Monica Lewinsky story.

NY Times had the story, CBS News had the story, they all decided to sit on it, sweep it under the rug, hope it would go away, their thinking, "our man Clinton will get buried over this, we can't report it"

Without all this news media, we'd be like 40 years ago, when Cronkite and Rather fed us lefty slanted news, with no other options.

It's common knowledge CBS hates the right wing so much, they would either slant the news to the left, or out right lie and make shit up.

Just ask Mr. Rather.
    That's the truth. His protoge Andrew Breitbart lights it up just as hard. ACORN, anyone?

Bluehorseshoe

Just ask Mr. Rather.
    God bless him?? All he does is pick and choose which stories he wants on his website and link them. All of them biased against the Democrats and most of them petty at best. On Thursday, he had 4 different mentions of Obama's lunch and how many calories it had. Who gives a fck????

maersksealand
    maersksealand's Avatar Become A Pro!

you call the 24/7 corporate propaganda "news"?

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    God bless him?? All he does is pick and choose which stories he wants on his website and link them. All of them biased against the Democrats and most of them petty at best. On Thursday, he had 4 different mentions of Obama's lunch and how many calories it had. Who gives a fck????
    Drudge is an up the middle indie dude.

Bluehorseshoe

Drudge is an up the middle indie dude.
    That is a homosexual.

stevenash

I don't care if he's into barnyard animals, I like the Drudge Report, used to love his radio show too.

jimk6969
    Update your status
    jimk6969's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11621

yes federal gov is terrible
    but try living in scranton talk about bad politics and corruption!
    if you got time check out our local paper thetimes-tribune.com