slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Rivers is a quality QB. I'm not sure where all that hate comes from. Do these people actually watch the games?

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

No Super Bowl for Rivers until they get him a defense that doesn't choke in clutch games. That loss to the Pats a few years back was a back breaker.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11934

slacker00
    That couldn't be wronger.

#proMemberDisplay A ** COLOR: blue !important; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; TEXT-DECORATION: underline**#proMemberDisplay ** PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; MARGIN-TOP: 2px; PADDING-LEFT: 2px; PADDING-RIGHT: 2px; PADDING-TOP: 2px**Become A Pro!
    betpoints: 1335
    Message Me

[COLOR=#000000 !important]Rivers is a quality QB. I'm not sure where all that hate comes from. Do these people actually watch the games?[/COLOR]

i think maybe you better check out stats of rivers against jets. his rating was 76. he threw 2 interceptions(2nd one led to td that won the game) and he was 4 for 13 on third downs. did you watch the game? i did.slacker00
    That couldn't be wronger.

#proMemberDisplay A ** COLOR: blue !important; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; TEXT-DECORATION: underline**#proMemberDisplay ** PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; MARGIN-TOP: 2px; PADDING-LEFT: 2px; PADDING-RIGHT: 2px; PADDING-TOP: 2px**Become A Pro!
    betpoints: 1335
    Message Me

[COLOR=#000000 !important]Rivers is a quality QB. I'm not sure where all that hate comes from. Do these people actually watch the games?[/COLOR]

Last edited by sbr.rodrigo; 09-02-14 at 11:14 AM.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10440

i dont see it , im thinking jets or ne

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1902

They seem to regress without LT.
    They need to win against the Raiders and Chiefs.

mr.inpak
    mr.inpak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

i agree best talent but got to get rid of the coach

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

The sd chargers are not a team with guts and heart. They will not win the afc. They will struggle to win the west. Heck they might not even make the playoffs.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    I watched one game, once. Here's some cherry picked stats...
    If we look at selected stats from one singular game in isolation, we can villify any HOF QB. Your reasoning is terrible.

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

Ohh, how soon we forget with the comming of a new season..... hopes are restored, the birds are chirping.... ahhh, I love Sundays.

jollyoscars
    jollyoscars's Avatar Become A Pro!

over-rated

wild card
    wild card's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 262

I think it comes down to coaching in pro sports. And for players, it's not who you have, but how you use them that counts. I think Norv Turner is too conservative to do anything significant this year.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    The sd chargers are not a team with guts and heart. They will not win the afc. They will struggle to win the west. Heck they might not even make the playoffs.

allenlud23
    allenlud23's Avatar Become A Pro!

They have the talent... just like every other year, but they can't perform when they need to.

allenlud23
    allenlud23's Avatar Become A Pro!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17sX3...layer_embedded

Oh my goodness. That is hysterical. I love this forum.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

coach is horrible. They need to get rid of him before they win anything. He has all the talent in the world but he cannot coach.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR

hey lakerboy apparently this guy doesnt have heart?

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR

hey lakerboy apparently this guy doenst have heart?

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR

apparently this guy doesnt have heart?

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR

what a fuking joke .... a team with guys who have some of the biggest hearts and players who put their body on the line no matter what (vincent jackson, malcolm floyd, antonio gates, philip rivers, mike tolbert, bob sanders, etc) being labelled as a team with no heart??

wtf???

mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post
    what a fuking joke .... a team with guys who have some of the biggest hearts and players who put their body on the line no matter what (vincent jackson, malcolm floyd, antonio gates, philip rivers, mike tolbert, bob sanders, etc) being labelled as a team with no heart??

wtf???
    When you have as much talent as they do, as you pointed out, and they go 9-7 in one of the worst divisions in football. 3-3 in division games, that is why people say they have no heart. You showed Rivers highlights to prove they have heart. The guy played an AFCC game on one knee, I don't think anyone can question his heart. But your team having no heart is definitely in play.

SprtsCapnGuru
    SprtsCapnGuru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

It's the year for the Chargers....blah blah blah. We all here the same crap every year. The most over hyped team before the season starts every year. I'm bias'd as a Chiefs fan, but the Chargers have had great teams on paper every year, but don't represent the AFC West in the playoffs very well, not saying the Chiefs did last year either. The Chargers should be great, but I'm sick of hearing about them every year, when they fizzle out all the time. This is the first season in a long time where the division is up for grabs in my opinion. All tough schedules all around.

SHALOMbagelBOMB
    SHALOMbagelBOMB's Avatar Become A Pro!

im a charger fan since 1992...we are not better thab the pats ravens or steelers...we are at best as good as the chiefs...and we just made the worst safety in nfl history the highest paid safety in nfl history...

that is all

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

Coaching is terrible and Norv will be on the hot seat this year.

I think Norv will have his breakout year, and the over in 10 games is the easiest play on ov/unders this year.

Over 10 wins for the Chargers this year

Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818

im not seeing it they do have talent but as has bean said your bar for calling these guys stars verry low

Qtip
    Qtip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

Bob Sanders - Will be hurt
    Eric Weddle - Kid is far from good, mediocre at best, Texans are lucky he didn't sign with them
    Luis Castillo - Shouldn't even be in the NFL, do you watch Charger games? He's a pile that cashed in on playing next to Merriman.

Ryan Mathews - All hype at this point and fumbles more than AP
    O-line = Solid pass blacking unit, can't run for $hit

But yes Philip Rivers is the man. Amazing how many people on here that obviously don't watch football, rather read the box score. Rivers plays best when down, best in the big games, and is a winner, on a loser team with a loser coach and loser GM. Because of Rivers the Chargers will be contenders, but will fall short.

My prediction is history repeats itself, 1-2 start 10-6 overall, should make the playoffs and will lose in the 2nd round because of penalties and turnovers caused in the second half as they attempt to come back from a large halftime deficit.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: slacker00

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Bob Sanders

First 12