chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Sportsmen Lodge in CR was robbed

Very surprised to read this, because of the Sportsmen's location. It's pretty close to the police station.

from http://amcostarica.com/

The bold downtown robbers seem to be targeting hotels.

Bandits robbed two such places in San José early Wednesday within an hour.

The Judicial Investigating Organization said that the first place hit was a hotel on Avenida Primera at Cuesta de Mora hill just a short distance from the Tribunal Supremo de Elecciones. That happened at 12:20 a.m.

Three men, two with guns and one with a long pipe, arrived at the gate to the reception area and threatened the lone employee inside, said agents. Under threats from the gunmen, the female employee opened the gate or porton and was quickly bound, gagged and thrown to the floor, said the agency. The crooks got away with about 3 million colons, about $6,000, the judicial police said.

A short time later men arrived at the locked front door of the Sportsmen's Lodge on Calle 13 between avenidas 9 and 11 in north San José. They produced what looked like a hotel key to the guard and said they were returning to their rooms after a night out, said a spokesman for the hotel and restaurant. Once inside they tied up the guard and sought cash. The spokesman said that the four crooks did not get much money, but that they took
    computer equipment. He speculated that a fifth man was waiting in a vehicle outside the business.

Later in the day at 8:50 a.m. two armed men held up the lone employee at a cell telephone store near the main office of Correos de Costa Rica, said the Judicial Investigating Organization. They took cell telephones and portable computers to the tune of 7 million colons, said agents. That's about $14,000.

A robber did not fare too well in Guápiles about 1 p.m. Wednesday. The man entered a jewelry story in the center of town and produced a gun. The owner was one of two persons there, and he struggled with the man, who fled with a small amount of jewelry, said judicial agents. A short time later they located a suspect in a nearby vacant lot and recovered a plastic gun and jewelry, they said.

The two hotel robberies are not unique. There have been other such crimes in the city center. In two cases, the crooks went from room to room to awaken guests and take their possessions and money.

The daylight downtown robberies may not be by the same gang. There has been a wave of such crimes, mostly at stores located on the main pedestrian promenade, the bricked over Avenida Central. The robbers still are loose despite beefed up Fuerza Pública presence, municipal police and surveillance cameras.

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

good luck boys be safe down there

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Glad I'll be at the Marriott.

But I suppose it can happen to any hotel if they want huh?

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

I hope Mug doesn't get robbed!

dbartinbwgc
    dbartinbwgc's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21563

John must have the SBR staff out trying to get the
    SBR Bash travel reimbursement money and
    party gifts they give out.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: McCarthyFam

fishmonger
    Very sharp square
    fishmonger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Security is just going to be better now when we go. Perfect timing for the crimes. Better now than when we get there. Blessing in disguise.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1634

Here is the response from the Sportsmen Lodge...... to the robbery....

Gentlemen,

Thanks for your interest in Sportsmens Lodge. We did have the incident described in AM Costa Rica the other night. Nobody was injured and the guests slept through the 20 minute invasion that occurred at 2:28 am. One crooked guard looks like the cause. He is gone and we did adopt a new procedure requiring a list of guests to check at the front guard station and requires two guards to have a guest pass through the front gate after closing between 12:00am and 6:00am. It is frusterating to take the hit due to the fact I have 4 armed guards at the Lodge every night??? I will hire 10 if I need to! Nobody was injured including the guards.

Thanks,

Bill

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Another good reason why it might be best not to take up residence in a whorehouse.

Great to visit. To live there....not so much.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

Quote Originally Posted by aggieshawn View Post
    Here is the response from the Sportsmen Lodge...... to the robbery....

Gentlemen,

Thanks for your interest in Sportsmens Lodge. We did have the incident described in AM Costa Rica the other night. Nobody was injured and the guests slept through the 20 minute invasion that occurred at 2:28 am. One crooked guard looks like the cause. He is gone and we did adopt a new procedure requiring a list of guests to check at the front guard station and requires two guards to have a guest pass through the front gate after closing between 12:00am and 6:00am. It is frusterating to take the hit due to the fact I have 4 armed guards at the Lodge every night??? I will hire 10 if I need to! Nobody was injured including the guards.

Thanks,

Bill
    I have had many clients stay there and have heard of no problems. In fact, they rave about the place. Too bad that happened but that can and can happen almost anywhere in the world. Don't let this affect anyone who is considering staying there.

chilidog do you have an alibi?

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

Sounds like Loshack to me

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

Ahhhhhh fukin shiiiiit

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

Enjoy your stay

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

CR is a dump

No need to go here

3rd world Country

FYI ..Shari is going there to start a life..never said she was dumb

305GURU
    305GURU's Avatar Become A Pro!

chili, is it safer at the marriot?

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    CR is a dump

No need to go here

3rd world Country

I think corporate needs to have a word with you Coach...be in your suit and report to the office first thing in the morning

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Its not a safe Country

I recommend Montreal

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

CR is a dump

No need to go here

3rd world Country

JJ if you are a nice guy from the US, you are instantly 2 or 3 notches higher on the 1-10 scale with the women here. And there is a lot of beautiful women here. Man!

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its not a safe Country

I recommend Montreal