FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Quote Originally Posted by KingOftheSpread View Post
    What about two years ago when he beat the Eagles in the playoffs? Pretty big game I would say...
    You are correct sir. So lets give him "1" big win in his life.
    Hey spreader, do me a favor, refresh my memory as to what happened the week after the eagles game??? HAHA

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by FishFace5 View Post
    Listen cheech, go easy on the insults, we can have an adult conversation without your comments.
    I didnt start this thread, you did. Im not calling for the Giants to win the division this year, I understand my team is probably looking at a tough year. My point is the cowboys have about the same chance as the Giants do. (which isnt a good 1). The NFC is loaded this year and I dont see either of the 2 wildcards coming out of the NFC East.
    ....... Eli is better than Romo. Maybe not by much but he is better. He has better stats and more wins. I'm not going to attempt to glorify Eli but I think I could fairly easily bring up some stats that show Eli is the better QB.

Here, I'll do it for you since you have failed to provide any stats or any other measurable info for any of your "arguments" in ANY of your posts.

Guess whose stats are whose?

Rat Comp Att Pct Yds Yds/game YPA TD INT
    95.5 1326 2070 64.1 16650 200.6 8.0 118 62
    80.2 1932 3332 58.0 22646 215.7 6.8 156 113
    Last edited by KKoz9; 08-04-11 at 01:27 PM.

FishFace5

^^
    KK I gave you examples in my last post as to why Im calling out romo as average.
    You seem to be a big stat guy but stats can be deceiving.
    To me Eli is better, if both were free agents today and I could pick either I take Eli, you obviously would take your boy Romo, agree to disagree I guess.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

What people seem to forget is we had a third string CB playing for us, now we have the best CB in the league. I don't get how this is not the biggest FA signing of the year. I hear skip bayless on espn talking shit about how the chad johnson deal is bigger. But that doesn't make any sense to me, Pats passing game was one of the best last year. How much better can it get? Phillys passing defense was one of the worst last year, it was the key for them losing games, now they have one of the best CB's duos in the game.

Not to mention getting rid of Akers and getting one of the best young kickers in the game.

Getting rid of Justice, and adding a good right guard.

Addin a quality D.T , and DE.

Free Agents want to play in philly, basically every free agent we signed could of gotten more else where, but they wanted to play here knowing this is the place to be for a super bowl run.

KKoz9

^^
    KK I gave you examples in my last post as to why Im calling out romo as average.
    You seem to be a big stat guy but stats can be deceiving.
    To me Eli is better, if both were free agents today and I could pick either I take Eli, you obviously would take your boy Romo, agree to disagree I guess.

Fair enough.

Stats certainly don't paint the entire picture but they're all we have, along with wins and losses, until someone invents the "heart -o- meter" with which Romo is always somehow measured with by the haters.

Still, your arguments are that he's not a top 10 QB (by what or whose standards are you referring to) and that he hasn't won a Super Bowl? Not much substance in those.

Never "glorified" him as elite, or said that Dallas was winning anything this year...Eagles and Giants look tough to me, merely that the choker and no heart labels were lame and tiresome and the guy has produced in the relatively short time he has been playing.

Peyton didn't even win a playoff game until his 6th or 7th season, which I only mention for perspective.
    Last edited by KKoz9; 08-04-11 at 01:54 PM.

KKoz9

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyk1133 View Post
    Are you serious right now? Just because a stat is "official" or shown on TV doesn't make it legitimate. You do know that ESPN is working on improving the QB passer rating and it should be out tomorrow. I can't vouch for how good it will be, but it includes rushes, passes, sacks, fumbles, interceptions and penalties and calculates the per-play net impact of the quarterback. It should give you some clue at how misleading the existing one is.

The sad part of this debate is that you actually brought in the names Elway and P Manning into this. If you don't think Romo is a choker, go back and check his December/January career record...you know....when games become important.

I look forward to seeing that new rating system, although you "can't vouch for it" because that disclaimer gives you another out in case Romo rates high there as well.

I've done my part in posting relevant info, you've brought nothing to the table.

Again, bring something tangible if you actually want to have a debate.
    Last edited by KKoz9; 08-04-11 at 01:49 PM.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Quote Originally Posted by KKoz9 View Post
    I look forward to seeing that new rating system, although you "can't vouch for it" because that disclaimer gives you another out in case Romo rates high there as well. I've done my part in posting relevant info, you've brought nothing to the table.
    I don't need disclaimers. If Romo proves me wrong this season I'll give him all the credit in the world. But until then, his supporters cannot claim that he's anything more than an above-average QB with a bad track record of clutch football. Looking at stats and saying he's "top 10" doesn't really speak a lot for him given how hard the dropoff is after the top 4-5 guys in the league.

Again, bring something tangible if you actually want to have a debate.
    If you think discrediting your sacred "passer rating" stat and pointing out his december/january record isn't tangible then it's clear you're nothing more than a fanboy blowing your horn.

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

kk, you're right, Romo has great regular season passing stats... then again so does Donovan McNabb.

Romo has put up very good numbers with very good talent around him. He's had a very strong run game, and very good targets to throw to. Not to mention one of the biggest O-lines in the NFL with great continuity. As Jon Kitna showed, it doesn't take that much talent to run that offense.

McNabb did similar things with Pinkston and Thrash. Eli can do it with one big target and a handful of decent players.

So which is it? Is Romo overrated or every other offensive player in Dallas during his tenure?

Where Romo is an utter failure though is in December and the Playoffs. They had the two big wins in '08, but other than that it's been all flop. At least McNabb had a handful of playoff wins and an SB appearance to go with his stats. Romo has A playoff win.

As far as accuracy and talent go, I think Eli and Romo are close, but Eli has waaay more heart.

dise-pa
    dise-pa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4269

WOW really? die hard and fast...

KKoz9

I don't need disclaimers. If Romo proves me wrong this season I'll give him all the credit in the world. But until then, his supporters cannot claim that he's anything more than an above-average QB with a bad track record of clutch football. Looking at stats and saying he's "top 10" doesn't really speak a lot for him given how hard the dropoff is after the top 4-5 guys in the league.

If you think discrediting your sacred "passer rating" stat and pointing out his december/january record isn't tangible then it's clear you're nothing more than a fanboy blowing your horn.

1. Passer rating is ONE statistic, nothing sacred yet nothing to ignore. It's one thing to judge by...and was created to measure a QB's efficiency in relation to ALL OTHER QBS on a year to year basis.

2. You posted nothing to discredit it. What the hell are you talking about? Repeating your own opinion doesn't make something so. Lol.

3. What is Romo's December/January record you speak of? You've posted nothing but generalization...typical hater stuff. I'll help, he's 9-14 in December and January. Are those the only games that count in the standings?

4. What's this 4-5 guy dropoff you speak of? And how are these 4-5 QBs, or all QBs, ranked from year to year? >>> PASSER RATING, Lol, you're blowing you're own non-argument out of the water.

You're all fluff homie, got nothin but to rehash stale and tiresome innuendo.

KKoz9

Quote Originally Posted by icancount2one View Post
    kk, you're right, Romo has great regular season passing stats... then again so does Donovan McNabb.

Romo has put up very good numbers with very good talent around him. He's had a very strong run game, and very good targets to throw to. Not to mention one of the biggest O-lines in the NFL with great continuity. As Jon Kitna showed, it doesn't take that much talent to run that offense.

McNabb did similar things with Pinkston and Thrash. Eli can do it with one big target and a handful of decent players.

So which is it? Is Romo overrated or every other offensive player in Dallas during his tenure?

Where Romo is an utter failure though is in December and the Playoffs. They had the two big wins in '08, but other than that it's been all flop. At least McNabb had a handful of playoff wins and an SB appearance to go with his stats. Romo has A playoff win.

As far as accuracy and talent go, I think Eli and Romo are close, but Eli has waaay more heart.

What is all this superior talent you speak of? Roy Williams starting at one receiver throughout Romo's tenure?

T.O.?

A perennial middle of the pack running game?

An aged and overrated offensive line that allowed 6 sacks against The Vikings in the playoffs? This isn't the 90's, that's not Larry Allen and Erik Williams out there ya know. Two of their starters from last year were CUT holmes!

A defense that gave up more points last year than any Cowboy team ever and has been porous for years?

Is taking the Cowboys to the playoffs 3 times in his 5 years (if you count last year when he played 6 games) and getting their first playoff win in what, 14 years, and "utter failure"?

And exactly which of those playoff games did he choke in? Yeah, he dropped a FG snap. What does that have to with playing QB? Go back and look at the box scores, I have, I'm a Cowboy fan. He didn't lose those games for Dallas.

The Cowboys overall talent has been over-rated for years and the small amount of success that they have had is, in part, because of Romo, not in spite of him.

Where's Rivers' criticism? Matt Ryan? Flacco? Sanchez? They haven't won sh1t either!! Or any other QB that hasn't won a Super Bowl?

The truth is, because he plays for the Cowboys, Romo is held to a different standard than other QBs and not given the credit he is due. He has to win a Super Bowl to get ANY credit?

Romo has not been their problem. As a Cowboys fan, I hope that they can find a way to cover people and make some stops and plug the holes in the O-line and stop being at the top of the league in penalties. Of course, according to you that can all be attributed to Romo's lack of heart, Lol.

And Eli manning? Yeah, he really carried that team with a "handful of decent players" Lol. Please, I'd like to see that "heart-o-meter" you have, maybe it needs to be re-calibrated.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

2. You posted nothing to discredit it.
    I don't need to post anything to discredit the passer rating. It's common knowledge that it's an archaic stat that misconstrues a QB's true skill/value/performance etc.

3. What is Romo's December/January record you speak of? You've posted nothing but generalization...typical hater stuff. I'll help, he's 9-14 in December and January. Are those the only games that count in the standings?
    Thanks for posting that. Now go and contrast that with his record in Sept-Nov. I rest my case.

4. What's this 4-5 guy dropoff you speak of? And how are these 4-5 QBs, or all QBs, ranked from year to year? >>> PASSER RATING,
    Brees, Manning, Brady, Rivers, Vick (debatable), Rodgers.

After that I would still take Big Ben, Schaub, and Ryan over him.

And guys like Stafford, Bradford, Kolb, and Freeman could pass him soon if they live up to expectations.

Romo sits around the Eli/Flacco range of QB's. Nothing great, but servicable. He's a wannabe Favre and lacks leadership.

KKoz9

I don't need to post anything to discredit the passer rating. It's common knowledge that it's an archaic stat that misconstrues a QB's true skill/value/performance etc.

Thanks for posting that. Now go and contrast that with his record in Sept-Nov. I rest my case.

Brees, Manning, Brady, Rivers, Vick (debatable), Rodgers.

After that I would still take Big Ben, Schaub, and Ryan over him.

And guys like Stafford, Bradford, Kolb, and Freeman could pass him soon if they live up to expectations.

Romo sits around the Eli/Flacco range of QB's. Nothing great, but servicable. He's a wannabe Favre and lacks leadership.

1. You're right, it's "common knowledge", passer rating means nothing. None of those guys in that top 10 I posted in #56 are/were worth a sh1t. You can't have it both ways...saying the stat means nothing...and then listing the same people as the best players in the league.

Or alternatively, 9 of them are great and Romo just has got lucky for 5 years to be included in that list?

2. You're welcome, someone has to use facts.

3. Good thing you're not a GM in the NFL, only two of those guys have ever even been in the playoffs, much less won anything, except for Big Ben who I give mad props.

What is so different than Romo about Rivers? Ryan? Schaub? Nothing! Oh wait, don't tell me...they have stellar Dec/Jan records!

That last list? So now you're comparing a player's POTENTIAL with actual performance on the field? Do you realize how ridiculous that is?

Peace out.
    Last edited by KKoz9; 08-04-11 at 09:32 PM.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

chemistry will be a big factor due to the lockout this season...teams who have remained intact have a huge advantage over others. Phillies might make it to the playoffs...but wont win the division.

FishFace5

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    chemistry will be a big factor due to the lockout this season...teams who have remained intact have a huge advantage over others. Phillies might make it to the playoffs...but wont win the division.
    HA..... Really cheech. Really??? So the cowboys have exhibited chemistry and stability??
    You lose credibility with every single post. I'm done with this thread.
    Ya the cowboys have displayed chemistry and remained intact...........
    Head coach in his 1st full season, brand new coordinators, new right side of the offensive line, QB coming off injury and missed entire 2nd half, new starting RB, new starting WR, new CB, I mean jesus if I was KKoz I could do some quick research and rattle off a bunch more but that was just off the top of my head.
    I'm not usually one for insults but holy shit do you say some dumb shit

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

And Eli manning? Yeah, he really carried that team with a "handful of decent players" Lol. Please, I'd like to see that "heart-o-meter" you have, maybe it needs to be re-calibrated.
    Upsetting a 12 pt favorite and making gutsy throws on the big stage vs dropping a snap like he drops the average game in December.

I think my heart-o-meter is fine.

The rest of your post is a bunch of cherry picking. The Cowboys had loads of talent at various positions over the years. You don't remember the gushing about them being the "most talented team in football" when TO and pac-man were there? You don't remember back when Marion was the Barbarion? Did you completely forget about Witton Mittons?

As for Ryan and Flacco, they are starting to get some heat, especially Flacco. I'd take Cool Joe over Romo any day though.

vyomguy

HA..... Really cheech. Really??? So the cowboys have exhibited chemistry and stability?? You lose credibility with every single post. I'm done with this thread. Ya the cowboys have displayed chemistry and remained intact........... Head coach in his 1st full season, brand new coordinators, new right side of the offensive line, QB coming off injury and missed entire 2nd half, new starting RB, new starting WR, new CB, I mean jesus if I was KKoz I could do some quick research and rattle off a bunch more but that was just off the top of my head. I'm not usually one for insults but holy shit do you say some dumb shit
    Hey fukface...I dont know why even respond to your idiotic comments...but here you go dickface.

new coach?....he coached nearly half the season last year with a good record.
    qb out for 6 months?.....your idiotness just forgot that he has been the starting qb for more than 3 seasons.
    new rb?....felix jones has been a backup rb even last year..he knows the system. just quoting "new" makes you look like an idiot.
    new wr?....what are you smoking?....austin miles and dez bryant arent "new" you nitwit

talk about rattling dumb shit without even researching ......now go troll elsewhere cuntface.

FishFace5

QB's I would take ahead of Romo right now:
    1. Rodgers 2. Brady3. Peyton 4. Brees 5. Vick 6. Philip Rivers7.Big Ben 8. Flacco 9. Matt Ryan 10. Eli Manning
    11. Matt Schaub and then Romo.... I might even take a flyer on Josh freeman and then Romo #13.

FishFace5

Hey fukface...I dont know why even respond to your idiotic comments...but here you go dickface. new coach?....he coached nearly half the season last year with a good record. qb out for 6 months?.....your idiotness just forgot that he has been the starting qb for more than 3 seasons. new rb?....felix jones has been a backup rb even last year..he knows the system. just quoting "new" makes you look like an idiot. new wr?....what are you smoking?....austin miles and dez bryant arent "new" you nitwit talk about rattling dumb shit without even researching ......now go troll elsewhere cuntface.
    Can you read you Schmuck?? Cause it sure as hell doesnt seem like it.
    I said starting RB (they couldnt pick a starter all last year but it was supposed to be Barber)
    I said starting WR (Roy williams has been a starter for years)
    The coach is in his first full year EVER as a head coach. (if you want to say he coached a half a year thats fine but even your dumb ass has to realize he's wet behind the ears)
    The coordinators are brand new and they have implented a completely new defensive scheme. (do you know what that means you half brained asshole. That means theyre whole entire defense will be different and players need to learn a completely different scheme)
    Just shutup now before you dig yourself deeper you piece of shit

odtw524
    odtw524's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eagles will win no doubt!!!

FishFace5

^^ vyomguy....
    I've told you before but apparently you have yet to learn the definition of a troll.
    If you begin a thread with the intention of starting an open discussion and I come into your thread and rip you open and make you look stupid it does not make me a troll. Now keep it moving you pussy, I'm done with you.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

i expected this last year

vyomguy

^^ vyomguy.... I've told you before but apparently you have yet to learn the definition of a troll. If you begin a thread with the intention of starting an open discussion and I come into your thread and rip you open and make you look stupid it does not make me a troll. Now keep it moving you pussy, I'm done with you.
    All your arguments are weak like you...you havent "ripped" anyone...yours comments keep making you look even more idiotic by every comment...go on you little piece of shit...i will bump this thread at the end of this season to your fukface to show you how wrong you were.

I have to stop answering to trolls like you...you are officially on my ignore list...BYE...so long fukface.

deeznutz420
    deeznutz420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

WTF with all this Romo talk? NFL is a team sport more than anything. Teams have won Super Bowls with QBs worse than Romo.

FishFace5

All your arguments are weak like you...you havent "ripped" anyone...yours comments keep making you look even more idiotic by every comment...go on you little piece of shit...i will bump this thread at the end of this season to your fukface to show you how wrong you were. I have to stop answering to trolls like you...you are officially on my ignore list...BYE...so long fukface.
    You're a bum. The least you could do is admit when you've been exposed. You've proven in multiple threads now you cannot handle debating with me. I will guarantee there is never a day in which you're the one bumping this thread.

vyomguy

This message is hidden because FishFace5 is on your ignore list.

Troll Free Zone

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    WTF with all this Romo talk? NFL is a team sport more than anything. Teams have won Super Bowls with QBs worse than Romo.
    Yea, like Trent Dilfer but that Ravens defense was like no other.

Tgordon777
    Tgordon777's Avatar Become A Pro!

ROMO IS GARBAGE.

shouldve got rid of that scrub when he botched that snap. overrated the Boys are in for another long season.

xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

dream on buddy.. dallas need a new qb.. hot a homo running the show

5teamparlay
    WINNING!!!
    5teamparlay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1223

Quote Originally Posted by Jive View Post
    Dallas will finish last in the NFC East this season (maybe tied at the bottom with Washington if they are lucky). When this happens come back and give me lots of points.

Dong.. Dallas the right call at this point...

The Cowboys (7-5) remained alone in first in the NFC East because the New York Giants (6-6) lost to undefeated Green Bay.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

They'll get it some how. They scrape by, by FG.

vyomguy

where is fishface5 now?

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Hopefully Giants will win next week and be tied with the Cowgirls for the top spot. This is definitely the NFC LEAST this year.

First 123