a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Buffalo Bills O/U 5 wins

Don't get me wrong, I'm a die hard fan so take it for what its worth. THe bills were 4-12 last year. But lost 3 games in OT - 2 of which, they definitively should've won. Steve Johnson dropped an easy TD in OT vs the Steelers, and Lindell kicked the GW FG as a timeout was called, and then missed the 2nd attempt.

The Bills defense only got better by drafting Dareus and picking up Nick Barnett. After a few days of camp, everyone is freaking out here on how good Shawn Merriman looks - saying he looks like when he was awesome in SD.

Playing KC, OAK, and CIN 3/4 first weeks, they could easily have 2-3 wins. They always take one from Miami and also play Denver and Washington.

If you know the team, saying that they will only be one win better this year seems pretty low to me. I don't think they'll be a contender, but their defense only got better and they had a good offense last year.

O5 -120 seems pretty easy play to me.

pgall08
    Update your status
    pgall08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 172

Their schedule is very tough. And I don't think you can mark them down for any "sure" wins.

It's not a bad bet in my opinion, just think there's better plays available.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

under

Barnett was a good pickup, but he's not Poluszny. Dareus has to assimiate to the 3-4 and LOTS of players look "good" in camp. I don't share the same optimism and don't see where the improvement will come from. What have they done about injury-riddled and average O-line? Who is your TE? Can you expect Fitzpatrick not to crash n burn?

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

over buffalo played well lost many one point close games and were scoring big points on top teams as long as fitzpatrick is qb all the pieces are still in tact with exception to on def lineman

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nick Barnett aint gonna make the difference you think he will....BOL

305GURU
    305GURU's Avatar Become A Pro!

bills will be better on D and adding B. Smith to the offense and Spec. Teams is a bonus, the guys a playmaker, maybe merrimen steps up and has a good year, Fitz needs to stay on his feet, oline gives this guy time and the bills will be shocking teams, 6-10....isnt a far stretch imo GL...OVER

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

There are no sure wins in NFL

I say it lands right on 5

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I had the under 5.5 wins last year @ The Greek. I got lucky, but cashed.

I would not touch them this year. Their division is tough, and doubt thy will gwt any wins vs Jets/Pats. They will beat Miami at least once, but that's it. I do not know their out of confernece schedule, but it does not matter. Their QB play is mercurial, and the defense can not be trusted.

This year I'm betting the Seahawkv under 6.5 wins. My formula is finding crappy coaches matched up with crappier QB's. Carroll and Whitehurst are the perfect combo. Their defense and special teams were near the bottom of the pack last year also. Should be an abysmal season in Seattle.

Cuse4tw
    Sharp Square
    Cuse4tw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyk1133 View Post
    under

Barnett was a good pickup, but he's not Poluszny. Dareus has to assimiate to the 3-4 and LOTS of players look "good" in camp. I don't share the same optimism and don't see where the improvement will come from. What have they done about injury-riddled and average O-line? Who is your TE? Can you expect Fitzpatrick not to crash n burn?
    horrible post here pal....

big time fan here.......poz couldnt cover a tight end to save his life, made tackles downfield, im glad we didnt pay that much for poz. barnett is one of those guys where its a bit of a gamble but could work out and they didnt overspend. Been to camp everyday so far and from what ive seen Dareus is the real deal, very sharp and EXPLOSIVE.....the o-line is actually looking better with players like Wood/Levitre stepping up. If Bell improves that unit could be decent. The chan gailey offense doesnt use a tight end as dumb as that sounds, right now in camp there lining up David Nelson close to the tackles so he can be keyed by linebackers.....and i do think fitzy will only improve, this offense moved the ball against good defenses. the front 3 with dareus/kyle williams (HUGELY UNDERATED)/Edwards is very solid...mix that in with a healthy merriman, not saying he will be good but hopefully productive.

the way i see it i would play the over easily.....this team was in a lot of ball games last year and the national media portrays them horribly...because people havent seen the way they finished last season. Fitzy knowing he is in charge and that this is finally his show will only improve the teams chemistry...

i feel very confident in playing the over here,

GO BILLS

(WEEK 1 +7 )

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Steve Johnson blamed god for him dropping that wide open pass TD in Ot

Cuse4tw
    Sharp Square

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Steve Johnson blamed god for him dropping that wide open pass TD in Ot
    stevie knew that drop would bring us Dareus.....great move

bobbyk1133

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse4tw View Post
    horrible post here pal.... big time fan here.......poz couldnt cover a tight end to save his life, made tackles downfield, im glad we didnt pay that much for poz. barnett is one of those guys where its a bit of a gamble but could work out and they didnt overspend. Been to camp everyday so far and from what ive seen Dareus is the real deal, very sharp and EXPLOSIVE.....the o-line is actually looking better with players like Wood/Levitre stepping up. If Bell improves that unit could be decent. The chan gailey offense doesnt use a tight end as dumb as that sounds, right now in camp there lining up David Nelson close to the tackles so he can be keyed by linebackers.....and i do think fitzy will only improve, this offense moved the ball against good defenses. the front 3 with dareus/kyle williams (HUGELY UNDERATED)/Edwards is very solid...mix that in with a healthy merriman, not saying he will be good but hopefully productive. the way i see it i would play the over easily.....this team was in a lot of ball games last year and the national media portrays them horribly...because people havent seen the way they finished last season. Fitzy knowing he is in charge and that this is finally his show will only improve the teams chemistry... i feel very confident in playing the over here, GO BILLS (WEEK 1 +7 )
    Fans know their teams better than most, but they are also jaded with optimism and rose-colored glasses. I'm not sure what you're talking about with "moving the ball against good defenses". They were near the bottom of the league in both passing/rushing offense. Don't fall in love with a rookie to solve your HORRIFIC pass rush problems in a post-lockout condensed offseason. The only good thing I can say about BUF is that they are a disciplined bunch and play hard for Chan. But that's not enough to get you 6 wins.

I'm sticking with the under. Nothing personal, just business.

Cuse4tw
    Sharp Square

trust me pal,

been watching the bills forever and am always skeptical....but something feels a little different this year and moving forward.

good luck to you

Cuse4tw
    Sharp Square

and its not just Dareus....troup/williams on the nose are going to be much better at letting the linebackers step up and make the plays unlike fragile poz

bobbyk1133

trust me pal, been watching the bills forever and am always skeptical....but something feels a little different this year and moving forward. good luck to you
    good luck to you too. but I think if you shop around you can get them at over/under 5. I bet U5.5.

sportsreport
    sportsreport's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 270

Right on da number

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

under

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

stevie knew that drop would bring us Dareus.....great move
    Agreed haha. GL all

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

With their talent and coaching there is no way I see them winning 6 games, unless you count the preseason.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

they will beat the pats this year

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

a good amount of bills fan where i'm at...Mostly Jets and Giants, but I see a lot of Bills games. They are bad in a very good division. Although I do see improvement. Fitz is a good smart qb and has some play makers. The O will score and the D will be a little below mediocre...I think they get 5 or 6 wins min tho. I think this is a very good bet....if Fitzpatrick stays healthy. So good luck everyone. I don't really fuk with futures tho.

allenlud23
    allenlud23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    There are no sure wins in NFL

I say it lands right on 5
    I think jj nailed it exactly here. 5 at best.

Bogart45
    Bogart45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4509

They haven't really made any moves this offseason. Barnett replaces Posluzny adds nothing. I say 4-5 wins this year.

thejrichshow85
    ban
    thejrichshow85's Avatar Become A Pro!

they picked up Nick Barnett from my beloved packers.

i give them 5-7 wins so taking the over wouldn't hurt .

TheCommish
    TheCommish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I put them around 6-7 wins this year. Taking a quick look at the schedule, I would guess:

BUF @ KC L
    OAK @ BUF W
    NE @ BUF L
    BUF @ CIN W
    PHI @ BUF L
    BUF @ NYG L
    WAS @ BUF W
    NYJ @ BUF L
    BUF @ DAL W
    BUF @ MIA W
    BUF @ NYJ L
    TEN @ BUF W
    BUF @ SD L
    MIA @ BUF W
    DEN @ BUF L
    BUF @ NE L

patswin
    patswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10189

I'm with the op, i think they go over 5 wins. I had them under 5.5 large last year and they would have went over if they did not start off so bad. The second half of the year they were competitive except for 1 or 2 games. They have brought in some good players, Dareus will help immediately on the dline. They brought in wanny to help with the defense. Jets and NE should be good but they could win 1 or 2 of the 4 games with them. Miami is a huge ? right now. Home games against tenn, oak, den could be wins. At cinn and at wash could be W's also. I say 7-9,8-8 or 9-7 is doable.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

i think i'd rather take the points, Buffalo will be getting plenty of points
    this year.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looking at around 6 wins to me.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

why didn't they look to upgrade the QB position?

patswin
    patswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10189

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    why didn't they look to upgrade the QB position?
    gailey was not impressed with newton or really any of the qb's in the draft. he said they were happy with fitzpatrick and he would be better than anyone they could draft for this year. They might be waiting until next year and maybe trying to get luck or a free agent vet. They did sign tyler thigpen as a backup. Levi brown will probably be the 3rd QB if he makes the team but I don't see him as a future starter anytime soon, if ever

headhunter34
    headhunter34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 559

fitzpatrick keeps them in games. they have some explosive weapons on offense too with stevie johnson, spiller, and now brad smith. defense can only get better with dareus and a healthy merriman

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

I'm with the OP. Fitzpatrick on his own is gonna be good for a win or two, and they will be good enough in all three phases for six or seven W's this year.

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I haven't seen their whole schedule yet, but 5-6 wins seems about right. I'm not so sure they'll win 2 outta 3 vs. Oakland/Cincy/KC

CarolinaRugby
    CarolinaRugby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 696

all the lines i have seen have been at 5.5 that being said I think the over is the only smart play....I'm a fan but I follow every inch of the team and like the guy above said theres a different feeling, not a feeling of we are going to make the playoffs but a feeling of we are back to where we have been most of the decade, a 6-8 win team, which at the very least is an upgrade. The Bills last year WERE abysmal, especially at the beginning, and the fact that they managed 4 wins is a gift from God. their defense with Barnett moats and merriman at LB and kyle williams and marcel dareus on dl will stop people from rushing for 200 yards on them. Also don't forget Dave Wannstedt was hired as Linebackers coach, NOT a great head coach but an inside upgrade to the LB core, inside LB at least. the secondary is a top 12 secondary with any kind of pass rush, if merriman and dareus are just decent it will be enough to limit passing yards against, not to mention in these early games other offenses will not have their mesh yet. Our offensive line is what is keeping us from taking the next step, and besides eric wood is just bad. From what I here Stevie Johnson is the #1 wr now and lee evans will be somewhat taking a back seat. they are gonna have a lot of speed with parrish back, brad smith, and hopefully spiller showing improvement so ideally they will be able to score 17-21 a game which should win 6-8.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Their OL is still very weak. They also have no TE, and need to get rid of either/both Roscoe Parrish or Lee Evans. The two of them have been with the Bills for years 7 years each and haven't made this offense any better. The DE's could use some help but it shouldn't be their main concern.

Although they added Nick Barnett, it won't make them that much of a better team. Brad Smith's numbers in recent years haven't been that consistent and I really think he's overrated. The Bills have a tough schedule also this year. They gotta go on the road and play some tough teams like the Chiefs, Cowboys, Giants, Chargers, and obviously the Pats. Them getting 6 wins would impress me but I'm not knocking them down. Could go either way but I'd have to lean Under.

12 Last