BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Talkiin Tues Bases

Not much time guys as i have some work to do today and had to pay attention to the wife a little last night so i really havnt had any time on the card as of yet....so the more everyone post in here today when im gone the more helpful it will be to me when i get home, should be back by around 3:30 or so central. Do got 2 im taking a stand on right now w/o much research...

Tor +133...all i can say is i feel like im getting the better team at a really good price right here. Tamp doesnt hit at home and Price has been ordinary..

STL +119....what can i say Cards really screwed me with that 5th inning, really hurt me with that total and just hurt my emotions as a fan and a small bet on them...well Garcia goes tonight and i will almost assuredly be on the FF but at +119 i figured id try this again, not sure if im being a homer or not but if they dont win a gm in this series fast this div could get a little out of hand for the time being anyway.

that it for me now, sorry not much time to get into detail and honestly didnt do a lot of work on card yet. So like i said help me out and post up what you think in here today and ill be back this afternoon to answer any questions and see if we can bang out some winners.

As always thoughts and comments are appreciated

BigDan

1 more before i go....

Zona +146...not saying i think they beat Timmy as much as im saying this line is disrespectful to a team playing better all around baseball right now, may take it back later but cant see this price going up much.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I like all three buddy. Why in the hell is Toronto +136 here?

Also strongly considering the White Sox and Rangers.

korbal29
    korbal29's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65

good dog picks but I also feel toronto is the best of the picks

SargeantHooker
    SargeantHooker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 427

Like the Rangers tonight as well Nocoin, already booked it last night. I'm definately going to book the jays at that price. I made a promise to myself last week that I would not put any of my money on the rays for the rest of the year.

jlee
    jlee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Skeptical about Toronto here.

Toronto, one of the best hitting teams vs. Lefties. (4th avg, 1st slugging)

but

Ricky Romero is worse on the road (compared to home) and against lefties (compared to righties).
    - Lefties are hitting .269 and has a WHIP of 1.7. Tampa ranks 4th in left handed at bats.

Might go OVER 7.0 on this one.

CTOWNsCAPPIN
    Update your status
    CTOWNsCAPPIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

I'm on Toronto, Arizona and the White Sox today! BOL

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by CTOWNsCAPPIN View Post
    I'm on Toronto, Arizona and the White Sox today! BOL

miyakuza
    miyakuza's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Hey Dan, for the Jays/Rays series.. CHASE THE OVER. These teams love putting up runs against each other. I'd chase it this series.

nbarlotta3
    nbarlotta3's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yankees today. Good odds for a team thats playing great.

miyakuza

Why the F is Santana -170 against the Twins.

miyakuza

Not many games I like today BigD. Maybe KC, Pirates and Indians again, and maybe Twins.

miyakuza

May take Florida again.

God1
    God1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Toronto is fine don't listen to these clowns about Romero's home/away split or lefty/righty split. If you look at 2010 his xFIP was nearly identical righty vs lefty and very small home/away split. Rays have been terrible at home for years also, I always look for reasons to bet against them at home. I think the line is probably close to right. Toronto's advantage vs lefties is not as pronounced vs one of the best in the league in price. I think if you believe that the Rays actually do worse at home than the league average(I do), then the line is definitely off

Cardinals are obviously the right side(this should say something as I've been screaming at the brewers being underpriced recently). Greinke/Carpenter being priced same as Marcum/Garcia? There should be at least a 20 cent difference. Brewers are notably worse vs lefties and Garcia is better than Marcum period. True line should be something like -110.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

all right!
    how about TOR +135 / OVER?
    thank you, boys!

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

Quote Originally Posted by God1 View Post
    Toronto is fine don't listen to these clowns about Romero's home/away split or lefty/righty split. If you look at 2010 his xFIP was nearly identical righty vs lefty and very small home/away split. Rays have been terrible at home for years also, I always look for reasons to bet against them at home. I think the line is probably close to right. Toronto's advantage vs lefties is not as pronounced vs one of the best in the league in price. I think if you believe that the Rays actually do worse at home than the league average(I do), then the line is definitely off

Cardinals are obviously the right side(this should say something as I've been screaming at the brewers being underpriced recently). Greinke/Carpenter being priced same as Marcum/Garcia? There should be at least a 20 cent difference. Brewers are notably worse vs lefties and Garcia is better than Marcum period. True line should be something like -110.

Nice hit on the Houston under last night G1, was looking shaky early. Liking the new attitude too my man, keep on contributing, I have always valued your perspective, your delivery was another matter.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ctwonscappin who ass is that?

miyakuza

Might play nats again Dan.

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

not crazy about this card today but I will probably be on the Nats also. Like the Astros but not sure that AAA lineup can win 2 games in a row and Reds good after a loss.

Rays will most likely win but it will be close and probably by 1 run. Price has been slumping but Jays just might be what the doctor ordered and they have a bad record in Tampa as well.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by God1 View Post

yes sir, i always look to fade tampa at home when i applicable (i.e. overpriced) , i cant blame them as who the fukk wants to go home and play in front of 12 fans? but their play clearly drops off in my eyes. Price has pitched well against jays in the past and once this season but im really not sure we seeing the same guy this year. In the end i feel like we are getting the better team with a decent plus next to them so i had to do it.

seems we both correct about the mil/stl line as i see it has went down some since i bet them this morning....like you said i was pretty surprised to see them giving Marcum as much respect as Greinke.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by miyakuza View Post
    Hey Dan, for the Jays/Rays series.. CHASE THE OVER. These teams love putting up runs against each other. I'd chase it this series.

really not a fan of overs in that park brother. ill look more into it (just got home) but i know that something i dont do real often.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by og4667 View Post
    not crazy about this card today but I will probably be on the Nats also. Like the Astros but not sure that AAA lineup can win 2 games in a row and Reds good after a loss.

Rays will most likely win but it will be close and probably by 1 run. Price has been slumping but Jays just might be what the doctor ordered and they have a bad record in Tampa as well.

why would one of the better offenses around imho be what the "doctor ordered" ?

Reds like lefties i would be easy on hou tonight.
    Last edited by BigDan; 08-02-11 at 03:01 PM.

cashville03
    cashville03's Avatar Become A Pro!

man im a jays fan and i really want to fire away at this line but price is 9-0 vs jays in his career and in 7 of those starts hes let up 1 run or fewer. He dominates the jays and tampa dominates the jays also. But still tempting as jays are clearly the better team

BigDan

im just getting in guys so im gonna start going everything that has been suggested and find what i can see....

cashville03
    cashville03's Avatar Become A Pro!

i also promised myself last week that i would never bet on tampa since they have costed me so much haha so if i bet against them today chances are they screw me

BigDan

phi/col ov 10.5 and either fish/muts over or fish tt ov all seem interesting to me at 1st glance.

BigDan

Minny line seems ridiculous to me...

BigDan

May take Florida again.

they seem tempting but so does over...

BigDan

Might play nats again Dan.

them or TT ov 3.5....

BigDan

Maybe im way off here but had to get a little of...

Nats TT ov 3.5 -110 ...seems crazy to me, Lowe is almost guaranteed to give up 3 minimum. His last 9 gms he hasnt went deeper than 6 inn and the only team he held under 3 was M's in sea. maybe playing Nats would be better but im gonna trust Lowe to be himself and look to either be over this number or right there when he exits the gm..

blumpkin
    blumpkin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5754

does the extra .5 or a run in the phila/col scare you a little? I want to play the over but havent been able to completely convince myself of the 10.5

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ryan Braun crushes LHP and he has been en fuego lately BOL

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big Time T-storms gonna hit Chicago tonight sometime. Very hot today. Perfect for monster storms. It's not known if they appear while the game is going.

God1
    God1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    Minny line seems ridiculous to me...
    why? angels have better hitting, better pitching, better defense and they excel vs lefties while minnesota is considerably worse against righties. The only wild card is how minnesota is one of the best hitting teams against the slider the last 2 years but ervin's is probably top 5 slider in baseball so I don't know much that's worth

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by blumpkin View Post
    does the extra .5 or a run in the phila/col scare you a little? I want to play the over but havent been able to completely convince myself of the 10.5

not gonna lie i wish i would have had time to do this last night so i could have got the 10, but does it scare me? not really, still need 11 to win. good ump, not really concerned with either pitching locking it down, they both walk to many and this ump should not help as he calls a lower percentage of ks than the majority...

123 Last