jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Would love to see him win

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

if there's a course it can happen at then it's Firestone

I wouldn't consider picking him but I wouldn't be stunned if he pulled it off either.

yydouble
    Golf Expert
    yydouble's Avatar Become A Pro!

Win?... C'mon man!..That would be shocking to me!.. He is hitting it sideways, literally 50 yards off line in both directions. How many tour pros do that? He is not making anything, the putter has changed 3 times in the last 12 months, and he is hurt, we know this. He is rusty, he finished next to last in this event last year. He shot 298. The winner shot 268. Golf is the hardest sport in the world because it is so fickle. He will never be the same, book it.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

By all accounts, he's been hitting full practice shots for about a week. He has a good chance to win if 50 other players withdraw.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

guy is done

will never win another major

would be shocked if he won more than three sh1t tournaments the rest of his career

my prediction is in the next year or two the guy fades into oblivion and is never seen again.

80-100 players in the world better than him

BEANTOWNJIM
    I GRIN WHEN I WIN
    BEANTOWNJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

DID YOU SEE THE BUMS PLAYING LAST WEEK IT WAS A BUNCH OF NOBODIES TIGER COULD HAVE BEATEN THEM ON ONE LEG

WHO'S GOING TO BEAT HIM (RICKY N WINS FOWLER) THIS KID IS SO OVERRATED ITS SCARY THE F-CKING KID IS FLASHY BUT HE HAS NEVER WON.THE GOLF CHANNEL WANTS HIM TO WIN SO BAD BUT THE F-CKING KID JUST DOESNT HAVE THE MENTAL TOUGHNESS

WITH ALL THESE CHOKERS PLAYING THE TOUR TODAY I WOULD STILL TAKE MY CHANCES WITH TIGER

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

I stand by my statement that Tiger will NEVER win another tournament again..........take it to the bank baby!

dise-pa
    dise-pa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4269

tiger by the tail I want to see the caddie mr bell is he black or white? tiger's best friend in time of crisis...steve is on another bag forget who? anyone?

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

tiger need to stop worrying about what others think about him and take a "me against the world" attitude!

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

If he wins another major he is back. If not he is gone forever.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Just win tiger

The world of golf needs tiger

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

he stinks...stick a fork in this guy

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Guys finished top 6 in four of his last six majors and top 30 in all of them and he's done

There's about 100 guys with their tour card who would take that over a career.

bbenson011
    bbenson011's Avatar Become A Pro!

got him to win 1 major this year yeaaaaaaaa

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

it's earl woods fault for mis-raising this arrogant swearing loser. i first noticed it when he was on the mike douglas show at age 3 or 4. typical case of a parent pushing his child too much to be perfect. prior example was jimmy piersall portrayed by karl malden pushing anthony perkins in the movie fear strikes out. instead of climbing the backstop like jimmy piersall actually did at fenway park, this deranged former halfway decent golfer will probably start throwing his clubs at the gallery. he is done. cooked out. finished. blame earl woods.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by dise-pa View Post
    tiger by the tail I want to see the caddie mr bell is he black or white? tiger's best friend in time of crisis...steve is on another bag forget who? anyone?
    Steve on adam scott's bag now

beanbag
    cracker ass fantastic
    beanbag's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

not sure how he will do without his caddie.. fade him the first few tourneys

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

secret is wait till he plays his ONE good round and everyone gets a woody, then fade him-lay him on the exchanges

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    secret is wait till he plays his ONE good round and everyone gets a woody, then fade him-lay him on the exchanges
    Sharpest post on the forum

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I say he comes in top 15
    Hopefully he is healthy

unfukkinreal
    unfukkinreal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Top 5. He is has tremendous talent.

Best golfer all time.
    Will break all of jacks records

holygrail3
    holygrail3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Quote Originally Posted by yydouble View Post
    Win?... C'mon man!..That would be shocking to me!.. He is hitting it sideways, literally 50 yards off line in both directions. How many tour pros do that? He is not making anything, the putter has changed 3 times in the last 12 months, and he is hurt, we know this. He is rusty, he finished next to last in this event last year. He shot 298. The winner shot 268. Golf is the hardest sport in the world because it is so fickle. He will never be the same, book it.
    While I don't disagree that Tiger +1900 to win the tournament should be more like 50 or 60 to 1. Look at his limited results when has played this year, and tell me what golfer other than Tiger Woods would not be happy with these results.

Remember, he was one missed 10 foot eagle putt on 13 or 14 from taking the solo lead late Sunday at the Masters.

I would lean towards fading him on the weekend, especially Saturday if history repeats itself, in the 4 stroke play tournaments in the below list, he shot 74-74-70-74 in the 3rd round.

Farmers - T44
    WGC Match Play - T33
    WGC Cadillac - T10
    Tavistock Cup - T2
    Arnie Palmer Inv - T24
    Masters - T4
    Players - W/D

DataBet PGA Power Rankings System 17-6, +11.13 last week @ Greenbrier

holygrail3

It was actually on the 15th. And it was at most 4 feet.

yydouble
    Golf Expert
    yydouble's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great stats from Holygrail3. Holygrail3, I have a lot of respect for you, no hard feelings but don't ever show a stat from the Tavistock Cup ever again.

Been thinking about this. Confidence is everything in golf man. It is so mental at the highest levels. Golfers are done when they lose their confidence. Any one of these reasons can make a golfer loose the edge it takes to play their best: Their life changes, they miss a few putts, they start pressing, they get away from what got them to the tour (equipment, style and coaching changes), they get hurt. Check Check Check Check Check.

Physically, he really screwed up his knee at Augusta and it got worse at The Players. Mentally, he is much weaker than ever. The fact that he let The Masters get away from him this year has to make him question his ability. I think the putter and coaching changes and then the caddie firing without having a backup in place are a result of the lack of confidence/mental weakness, (looking for things to blame).

Little known fact on the caddy deal: His father Earl adamantly told him to hire a black caddy. Earl knew the history of golf and he had a good understanding of what it would mean symbolically to have a black man helping another black man dominate an all white sport. It would add to Tiger's mystique + give a brother somewhere a good job! He really wanted it to happen but Tiger has never wanted to be seen as a black man. Why? It would be so cool if he had an old black dude with a grey beard giving him sage advice on racial issues and telling jokes only he and Tiger could laugh at: like the way Steve Stricker walks, or what would happen to Ricky Fowler if he ever ended up in the ghetto! But Tiger is not cool at all. He is the opposite of cool. He is a guy who very few people genuinely like.

I have seen a few clips of him hitting shots at Firestone and the swing looks stiff, like he is trying to force it, the new caddy is an old friend (white dude) with no pro expierience. He is a yes man with ZERO credibility golf wise. Other caddies will not go out of their way to make him comfortable and help him like they normally do for eachother. Tiger will not ask him for advice.

I am more skeptical than ever of his ability to play well this week. Keep in mind this is coming from a guy who made one of his biggest plays of the year against Tiger at The Players. The only difference here is that he likes Firestone. He hates Sawgrass. Good Luck to all with their plays.
    Last edited by yydouble; 08-02-11 at 03:02 PM.

Pew Pew
    Banned
    Pew Pew's Avatar Become A Pro!

How do you fade a golfer?? Do head to head?

allenlud23
    allenlud23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by holygrail3 View Post
    It was actually on the 15th. And it was at most 4 feet.

Hilarious video. But honestly, I think he'll be back. Not necessarily to the dominant role he held before, but he will be up there. He needs a little more time to get past all the crap and he'll start climbing up there again.

Tgordon777
    Tgordon777's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tiger is done.

AllTimeHigh
    AllTimeHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!

I do not think he is coming back, there are so many hungry young guys ready to take his old place.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Nobody really knows how he's going to perform this week. Everybody just guessing. Fact is he could land anywhere from winning to missing the cut. Neither would really surprise me.

holygrail3

I agree the Tavistock is worthless, but those are his finishes. If he/his team tanked in that event, it would be brought up here as evidence against him.

With everyone so convinced he is done, that only makes it more likely he will win plenty more.

The only thing harder to believe than fiction, is reality.

I am not a believer or a fan of Tiger. I've made more units fading him the last few years than probably any golfer outside of Richard S Johnson or Mike Weir.

Mickelson is still considered a top 5 favorite to win every tournament he enters. He is 41. Tiger is 35.

If he is healthy, that's minimum 24 more legit chances at a major.

Yes his competition has improved dramatically....if he can stay healthy, he will find a way to win golf tournaments. It's all he knows.

As for this week, I don't like either of the options to fade him with. Mickelson(-155) or DJ(-175).

DJ cannot putt, he is in the bottom 20 of every putting category. At some point in 4 rounds it always haunts him, he can't camouflage mistakes off the tee or mistakes with his irons often enough.
    Yes he hits the ball 9,000 yards, but he is in the bottom 20-25% of all important accuracy stats. He makes a ton of birdies, and too many bogeys. Scrambling rank 154 of 192.

Mickelson currently ranks 180 of 192 in accuracy off the tee which should be extremely important this week. If he finds a way to hit straight off the tee this week, he'll contend. If not, he won't even beat Tiger.

DataBet PGA Power Rankings Available Wednesday for WGC Bridgestone. 17-6, +11.13 last week @ Greenbrier. +17.7 units last 2 weeks.

holygrail3

d2bets, this is an invitational tournament with only 70 some players, and no cut

dise-pa
    dise-pa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4269

he lose distance off the tee and will fall fast in the standing's... we will see Thursday!!!!!!! fade the fool and will not break jacks record.........

123 Last