best ufc fight aug 6th and why

i need a winner .............

battle4life
    battle4life's Avatar Become A Pro!

maybe washed up tito ortiz +300

as99
    as99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2252

Rashad & Vitor Belfort parlayed together -150 (THE time I made the bet). These 2 are as big locks as you can get.

Alexander Gustafsson is also pretty solid -200, if you parlay it in there.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

If you dont post a video in the next 24 hours I am gonna have you banned Fighter....

Do the right thing...

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like rory mac to win, but don't like his odds. I still made a play on him and might even make another, even at pricey odds.

Odds aren't out yet, but i like brown over nam, and also like bradley over natal.

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

STFU warrior

$20 bets on UFC will do you no good

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

the scripts have already been written. the rehearsals are now underway for this staged event.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

best fight could well be hendricks/pierce......the winner i can`t help you with....

i`m thinking that even a shot mike brown may have enough grappling to edge a nam phan who seems to always falter vs better quality fighters...

but brown has really struggled of late...

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Johny Hendricks. Thank me now and thank me later. Most likely going to be my largest play on Saturday. GL kid

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Belfort and Rory parlay is solid

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Quote Originally Posted by as99 View Post

I've been hearing this guy is going to smash and nobody really knows about him. Is he the best bet on the card in terms value?

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    I've been hearing this guy is going to smash and nobody really knows about him. Is he the best bet on the card in terms value?

-200 isn't that great of value considering he's fighting Matt Hamill

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Evans and Belfort parlay sounds about right.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10452

Quote Originally Posted by battle4life View Post
    maybe washed up tito ortiz +300
    i dont unstand the odds coming down on this guy , hes a total fukk

slatter
    slatter's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like MacDonald over Pyle, but the odds are ugly.

Pin2Win
    Pin2Win's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Johny Hendricks. Thank me now and thank me later. Most likely going to be my largest play on Saturday. GL kid
    I strongly agree! probebly the best value on the board, 3x D1 National champ from Oklahoma St

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Pin2Win View Post
    I strongly agree! probebly the best value on the board, 3x D1 National champ from Oklahoma St
    Who was mediocre against an inferior wrestler but bigger and more aggressive fighter in Rick Story who is similar to Pierce except Pierce has more power

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Who was mediocre against an inferior wrestler but bigger and more aggressive fighter in Rick Story who is similar to Pierce except Pierce has more power
    Maybe he has inside info that Dan Miragliotta is ref for this fight

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Lot more people talking about Rory MacDonald on here. Kind of interesting.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

thx BD

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    thx BD
    I'm not saying that's it's going to be the most exciting fight. I actually see this as a boring fight and Hendricks going back to a lay and pray. I see him timing his takedowns with Pierce's agression and controling the action on the ground.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Looking back at the Fitch fight. I know Fitch is much above the grapling of Hendricks, but I see this type of fight happening. just how I see it. GL

Hannibal
    Hannibal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15695

Pierce is a strong and stalky wrestler who's been training with sonnen and team quest. After seeing hendricks struggle to control story, and story being held down so easily by brennenman, I'd have to think that hendricks will have trouble holding down pierce. Pierce also gave fitch one hell of a time too.
    Something about pierce screams out tough, while hendricks appeared to fade and shy against an aggressive guy in story. I give the edge to pierce. Small play for me.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

I'm not saying that's it's going to be the most exciting fight. I actually see this as a boring fight and Hendricks going back to a lay and pray. I see him timing his takedowns with Pierce's agression and controling the action on the ground.
    That is certainly possible and Hendricks by decision is most likely outcome if Hendricks does win.

As I said before Story fought Alves and before Story was supposed to fight Marquardt - their best chances of beating Story was to suprise him with takedowns as he came rushing in as his takedown defence is not at the same level as his offensive wrestling - though granted this is partly due to his aggression and naivety (lack of experience). Low and behold, Brenneman went and exploited this perfectly in their fight and even on short notice. This cant help but make me wonder why Hendricks wasn't able to do the same against Story when he is supposedly the better wrestler? Clearly a key factor was the size/strength difference - Story was able to force Hendricks against the cage and pressure him showing "octagon control" for large portions of each round. Hendricks fought at a lower weight in college (160lbs and 165 I believe) and even considered dropping to 155 after the Story loss. Mike Pierce is not taller than Hendricks but I think he has a similar body type to Story, very wide upper body, stocky and powerful but also not too technical and a bit wild which means he is hittable. But after seeing TJ Grant take a round against Hendricks, and Brenneman I wouldnt be surprised if Pierce turns the tables and takes Hendricks down, and I also think Pierce has better chance of submitting or TKO/KO'ing Hendricks than vice-versa.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Pierce is a strong and stalky wrestler who's been training with sonnen and team quest. After seeing hendricks struggle to control story, and story being held down so easily by brennenman, I'd have to think that hendricks will have trouble holding down pierce. Pierce also gave fitch one hell of a time too.
    Something about pierce screams out tough, while hendricks appeared to fade and shy against an aggressive guy in story. I give the edge to pierce. Small play for me.
    Similar to my outlook above!

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

That is certainly possible and Hendricks by decision is most likely outcome if Hendricks does win.

As I said before Story fought Alves and before Story was supposed to fight Marquardt - their best chances of beating Story was to suprise him with takedowns as he came rushing in as his takedown defence is not at the same level as his offensive wrestling - though granted this is partly due to his aggression and naivety (lack of experience). Low and behold, Brenneman went and exploited this perfectly in their fight and even on short notice. This cant help but make me wonder why Hendricks wasn't able to do the same against Story when he is supposedly the better wrestler? Clearly a key factor was the size/strength difference - Story was able to force Hendricks against the cage and pressure him showing "octagon control" for large portions of each round. Hendricks fought at a lower weight in college (160lbs and 165 I believe) and even considered dropping to 155 after the Story loss. Mike Pierce is not taller than Hendricks but I think he has a similar body type to Story, very wide upper body, stocky and powerful but also not too technical and a bit wild which means he is hittable. But after seeing TJ Grant take a round against Hendricks, and Brenneman I wouldnt be surprised if Pierce turns the tables and takes Hendricks down, and I also think Pierce has better chance of submitting or TKO/KO'ing Hendricks than vice-versa.
    Correct, he wrestled at 165. This fight could come down to a couple of takedowns either way. I just see a rather boring fight with hendricks to stay out of danger and do enough for a dec. Hendricks has had a couple crafty TKO's also, so who knows...

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

I normally do really well with UFC, but I'm not seeing anything that is popping out at me. I think Belfort will be a solid play.

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

I favour Hendricks in this fight, but not by much. Pierce's wrestling seems to have transitioned better into MMA, but Hendricks is the superior boxer from my perspective. Pierce has a lot of power, but he keeps his left hand very low when throwing the straight right, which seems to be his money punch. Kenny Robertson came very close to countering that before he got knocked out, and if Hendricks can counter it, I think Pierce could be in a heap of trouble. Hendricks has big time power too.

I'm not sure if Pierce can take Hendricks down - at least not with any regularity - as nobody has ever really been able to do that. Brenneman only took Hendricks down once, and Story only took Hendricks down once for about five seconds (people often incorrectly remember that fight and think that Story totally out-wrestled Hendricks, which wasn't the case). That said, I don't see Hendricks taking Pierce down much at all, and if he does, I doubt he keeps him there for long. Pierce's ability to escape from the bottom is pretty awesome, even if he does have a tendency to give up his back briefly in the process.

Hendricks fought at a lower weight in college (160lbs and 165 I believe) and even considered dropping to 155 after the Story loss.

This cant help but make me wonder why Hendricks wasn't able to do the same against Story when he is supposedly the better wrestler? Clearly a key factor was the size/strength difference
    While this is true, Hendricks is still a huge welterweight. Pierce is very thick, but I don't think he's going to have a demonstrable size or strength advantage. As for the Story fight, I think Hendricks struggling against him had less to do with the size of Story, and more to do with the fact that Hendricks' offensive wrestling just hasn't transitioned that well into MMA. Even then, I still thought Hendricks did enough to win 29-28 (though I wouldn't object to a 29-29 draw either).
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BIGDAY

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

Quote Originally Posted by as99 View Post
    I'm not a fan of this play, only by process of elimination.

I don't think Hamill gets submitted or a prolonged GnP (as he is still a strong wrestler). I think TKO is highly unlikely (if he can take Rampage teeing off on him). And I don't think there is a huge striking advantage either way.

I think the value is in this fight going the distance, but probably a pick 'em.

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post
    I like rory mac to win, but don't like his odds. I still made a play on him and might even make another, even at pricey odds.
    Agreed. I don't see Rory losing this fight other than possible submission. I'll make a play on this regardless.

rocky mattioli

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post

brenneman beat story...storey beat hendricks....and hendricks beat brenneman.....

i hate when that happens....

i agree with ladle in that hendricks just might be the better striker of the two....but given his credentials,he hasn`t blown folks away with his grappling...of course it`s good...but not multiple tiime ncaa champion good as it transitions to mma....

a toughie...
    Last edited by rocky mattioli; 08-02-11 at 03:32 PM.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    brenneman beat story...storey beat hendricks....and hendricks beat brenneman.....

i hate when that happens....

i agree with ladle in that hendricks just might be the better striker of the two....but given his credentials,he hasn`t blown folks away with his grappling...of course it`s good...but not multiple tiime ncaa champion good as it transitions to mma....

a toughie...
    Probably why the odds are -110/-110

rocky mattioli

Probably why the odds are -110/-110

...i have to tip my hat to the ufc matchmakers here....

why in gods name isn`t this on the main card?....this could be a barnburner if the old saw about when two excellent grapplers` fight,it ineveitably turns into a stand-up war....

the winner here should really shoot up the rankings,imo...kudos to both for taking such a tough fight....

this reaaaallly belongs on the main card given all the cancellations...

v1y
    v1y's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

If I know one thing for certain about this card, it's that Rory Macdonald is being severely overvalued at -280.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky mattioli View Post
    ...i have to tip my hat to the ufc matchmakers here....

why in gods name isn`t this on the main card?....this could be a barnburner if the old saw about when two excellent grapplers` fight,it ineveitably turns into a stand-up war....

the winner here should really shoot up the rankings,imo...kudos to both for taking such a tough fight....

this reaaaallly belongs on the main card given all the cancellations...
    Yeah utter sin when you consider Rivera vs Phillipou is still on main card, but guess it shows tht Zuffa have loyalty to Rivera and didnt want to make it any worse for him. If they'd of pulled him down to undercard people would of been saying Dana White is a douche bag no doubt!

12 Last