NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

pop quiz question...

taking odds -20000000000 and win

or

taking odds + kabillionaire but lose, which one makes your pocket heavier with chump change?

I don't care about odds. I just need a win. I'm hungry for a win and them yanks are going to give it to me.

If sox getting odds of more than +150, you better fade them or maybe you are like me, playing dogs and still lose. LOL

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7333

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    lakerboy do we still play the white sox even tho konerko is out? he is like their mvp
    Its gonna be tough without him but I like the play. Gonna wait and see what the team totals and rrl looks like.

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Weather may be hot, will take toll on big pitcher. White Sox played Red Sox tough all weekend. I think this is a good play.

adamo1018
    adamo1018's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 248

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    he has gotten lots of run support in the past. that wont happen tomorrow.
    Yeah because the yankee offense is really struggling to score right now! Wooooooooo! They should've made a move to improve the o at the trade deadline.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14349

thanks for the stl tt u 4.5 last night lb, bol today all!

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

i figured boston would win today considering the way the series price shifted on them just before first pitch on friday with a 1-1 sit today. i like zona too but cain is the stopper. i think peavy pitches a gem on monday
    Although Peavy has limited the Yanks lineup to a .108 BAA in over 90 AB's throughout his career, this is not the same Peavy. He is still in the process of getting back to full strength after the tear to his lat muscle. That particular injury is new to MLB and the recovery process is relatively unknown.

Based on things I have heard from contacts in the Chicago media, he has real pain after getting through about 70 pitches. Haven't you noticed he gets lit up right around the 5th inning in his starts. His best performance all year was after Danks was knocked out early and he threw four scoreless innings in relief. That is about all he is good for and then you have the CWS bullpen against those same Yankee hitters. Plus, we all know, the CWS lineup is not successful against lefties in general, much less a lefty as good as CC (his advanced stats are unreal).

I agree with your point bout the Yanks not playing well in Chicago historically at US Cellular Field, however, I'm just not sure backing a not 100% Peavy is the best play. Sounds like this is just one of many for you so I wish you luck. Hope you hit them all

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Public is pounding the Yankees it seems.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    Public is pounding the Yankees it seems.

when does the "public" not pound the Yankees...?? who are the sharps on lol

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

CC is very hot in bases never go against hot pitcher

Good luck though

dantanner
    dantanner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fatass Sabathia goes down on Monday. Take the White Sox. Yanks never play that well in chitown. I dont care about there record there as a long time yanks fan i know this park isnt a good place for them. White Sox at +159 at home with Peavy is good to go.
    Only bet I am making today.....

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

damn pinnacle ml jumped 20 cents from the opener

leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

Good Luck.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Agreed with Lakerboy here. Yanks' chalk is crazy because of fatass. Ok, he's a great pitcher but this is baseball. Even Ace pitchers can have bad days and CC won't pitch for 9 innings. Can't trust Yanks bullpen. No value on Yanks here imo. Let's go Pale Hose!

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9852

The smart thing to do is wait until lineups are announced. If Konerko is playing the White Sox are great value. If he is not playing, it is a pass.

I suppose that Ozzie would like to play Konerko at DH and Dunn at 1B. Let's see how Konerko feels at game time.

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

The Sox will have a hard time hitting CC. Third lefty in a row they will be facing.

figue
    Update your status
    figue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2638

White Sox [159] versus Yankees (1.0 Units) - The White Sox are struggling. They are not scoring runs or winning games. The Yankees are scoring runs. So it may seem counterintuitive (my word of the day LOL) that we would back them. But sometimes going up against the Yankees gets a team going. And also Sabathia has been overly overvalued this season. The Yankees are only 4-4 in his starts. Take listed pitcher Kennedy.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, if you think laying -170 on the road for a single baseball game is a "good play," you should probably stop betting MLB altogether.

if you think laying anything on the white sox tonight is a good play, you should stop betting period

things to consider here

- the yankees have owned the white sox in recent history winning 10 out of 14 against Chicago

- Sabathia has absolutely owned the white sox in his career, going 17-4

- Sabathia is on a ridiculous hot streak giving up 4 runs in his last 6 outings. He's arguably the best pitcher in the league right now

- White sox have lost 8 out of 12 at home

- The Yankees have won 6 out of 8 games overall

Yankees win easily here

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    Agreed with Lakerboy here. Yanks' chalk is crazy because of fatass. Ok, he's a great pitcher but this is baseball. Even Ace pitchers can have bad days and CC won't pitch for 9 innings. Can't trust Yanks bullpen. No value on Yanks here imo. Let's go Pale Hose!

can't trust yanks bullpen??? they have the 5th best bullpen era in baseball, with arguably the best setup/closer combo in the league in rivera/robertson

how can there be so much retardation on one website?
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 08-01-11 at 11:14 AM.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by figue View Post
    White Sox [159] versus Yankees (1.0 Units) - The White Sox are struggling. They are not scoring runs or winning games. The Yankees are scoring runs. So it may seem counterintuitive (my word of the day LOL) that we would back them. But sometimes going up against the Yankees gets a team going. And also Sabathia has been overly overvalued this season. The Yankees are only 4-4 in his starts. Take listed pitcher Kennedy.

wow, just wow

the yankees are 17-6 in Sabathia's starts, where the fukk did u get 4-4????

brahmabull117

he has gotten lots of run support in the past. that wont happen tomorrow.
    so a half injured pitcher with a 5.00 era is gonna stop the 2nd best offense in baseball??

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32775

Yankee current roster is 6 for 87 lifetime. That's .087 v. Peavy
    Mind you only Martin and Jones has more than enough at bats to be considered in a sample, (the rest of the lineup only has 6 or 8 at bats) but still 6 for 87 lifetime can not be ignored.

Now CC's numbers against Chi are tidy also, Ramierz and Beckham hit CC, but still, Peavy is worth 1.5 * at thee current rate of +161

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...=1&z=1&z=1&z=1

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Yankee current roster is 6 for 87 lifetime. That's .087 Mind you only Martin and Jones has more than enough at bats to be considered in a sample, (the rest of the lineup only has 6 or 8 at bats) but still 6 for 87 lifetime can not be ignored.

those numbers mean absolutely nothing

peavy isn't even half the pitcher he used to be. Dude is gassed out around the 4th inning nowadays

good look betting on a bunch of mediocre white sox relievers to stop the yankees dominating offense, meanwhile the white sox offense that is terribly struggling is gonna perform well against arguably the best pitcher in baseball who has owned them in the past???

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Market saying otherwise big move in the yankees favor.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

so if you live in canada you just choose sports teams

Yankees, Bears, Flyers

stevenash

I'm the biggest NYY homer on the boards, CC is the fade of the night

brahmabull117

u guys are trolling me here right???

peavy fukking blows nowadays, 5 era and can't get past the 5th/6th inning

CC is on a tear and owns the white sox anyways

this is the easiest pick I have seen in baseball in a very long time

kishipp
    kishipp's Avatar Become A Pro!

yankees win this, sebathia lost his last start, because he got no run support. not today boys. gl tho

nyyanks773
    nyyanks773's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

the question is will the yankees still win if francesco cervelli is playing second base???

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by nyyanks773 View Post
    the question is will the yankees still win if francesco cervelli is playing second base???

yea the yanks will have a terrible time replacing derek jeter's .686 OPS

Carlos Zambrano has a 130 points higher OPS than derek jeter

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

Remember "today's action'(poster) from last year???? He rode those chalk plays right into the ditch

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    u guys are trolling me here right???

peavy fukking blows nowadays, 5 era and can't get past the 5th/6th inning

CC is on a tear and owns the white sox anyways

this is the easiest pick I have seen in baseball in a very long time
    Have you bet a season's worth of baseball before?

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i just cant see how backing cws is a great idea tonight, did you happen to see their offense against a lefty that couldnt throw anything for a strike besides his fastball and a hanging off speed pitch yesterday? they didnt do much and Miller was more than hittable. Konerko out and that pretty much guarantees you be seeing dunn in (which im sure he would be anyway as ozzie throws him out there no matter what) he of the 3 for 73 clip against lefties. CC owns a great record at US cellular, 9-1 with a whip just slightly above 1. i just dont see how you find runs for cws in this gm. even if peavy is great as LTA has said you really wanna wager that he can all a sudden make it past 5 w/o having problems? then you gotta worrry about a lot of cws middle relief.

Not saying im jumping at the window trying to get down on nyy @ the current price but i think there are better options out there than a cws team i know cant hit lefties much, against a very good lefty, missing a important bat, starting a pitcher with lingering health issues and hasnt shown the ability to go deep in games.

either way i hope everyone cashes. GL lb and friends

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

agree white sox are the play here. I took em even before I saw this thread. Good luck with it

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    i just cant see how backing cws is a great idea tonight, did you happen to see their offense against a lefty that couldnt throw anything for a strike besides his fastball and a hanging off speed pitch yesterday? they didnt do much and Miller was more than hittable. Konerko out and that pretty much guarantees you be seeing dunn in (which im sure he would be anyway as ozzie throws him out there no matter what) he of the 3 for 73 clip against lefties. CC owns a great record at US cellular, 9-1 with a whip just slightly above 1. i just dont see how you find runs for cws in this gm. even if peavy is great as LTA has said you really wanna wager that he can all a sudden make it past 5 w/o having problems? then you gotta worrry about a lot of cws middle relief.

Not saying im jumping at the window trying to get down on nyy @ the current price but i think there are better options out there than a cws team i know cant hit lefties much, against a very good lefty, missing a important bat, starting a pitcher with lingering health issues and hasnt shown the ability to go deep in games.

Dunn against sabathia is basically a guaranteed 0-4 with 4 Ks

yankees offense is red hot right now, I expect them to get 3-4 runs off peavy and then get 2-3 more off the white sox relievers. Sabathia should dominate, as he always does vs CHW

Yankees easy winner here 6-1

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post

all valid points, call it a hunch, call it whatever, feeling here is CWS (who I'm not a fan of) gets it done over the team I love.

First 12345 Last