Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

fuk this idiot.

The way washington is right now it makes little difference who is in charge

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Ron Paul has ZERO chance to be elected President. People who think he has a chance are the same people who buy beach front property in Kansas. He does not have near the popularity that Romney, Backmann and non-candidaates (so far) Palin and Perry have. He has been run out of the party. He does not believe in what he says, as evidenced by his admission that he could never get a program of his passed in Congress. He cannot run as an Independent, because if he did, the GOP would run his son out of the Senate. Those are the fadcts people. A lot of you do not want to believe that, but it is time for you dreamers to wake up and smell the coffee. Paul is done. Finished. The End.

maersksealand
    maersksealand's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    "Freeze the budget" sounds catchy, eh? How do you do it? I think he is confused like when we freeze the assets of Libya or Iran from deposits in US banks. When China and Japan own trillions of US debt freezing the budget will result in an economic meltdown.

freeze the budget means the Gov. should not spend money on new programs. To balance the budget all it takes is to cut Gov. spending 1% a year for 6 years...yes, that's one penny out of each $ the Gov. spend...Senator Rand Paul supported this idea but the majority of Republicans and Democrats reject it.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8394

He does make a lot of sense a lot of the time I must admit

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Damn Falcon, I don't know what your problem is with me, get over it. Maybe my posts are
    a little too harsh for you or you miss understand? TFB.

My appliances are GE, my vehicles are Chrysler/ Dodge products.

Foreign car manufacturers are having their vehicles made here. Bravo!

Buy American when ever you can, even if you have to hunt for it or drive across town, it's the only way to get this economy going.
    No problem man, I was just spouting random thoughts with a bud in one hand and a DROID in the other. Didn't make much sense after I read it again. Apologies.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Ron Paul has ZERO chance to be elected President. People who think he has a chance are the same people who buy beach front property in Kansas. He does not have near the popularity that Romney, Backmann and non-candidaates (so far) Palin and Perry have. He has been run out of the party. He does not believe in what he says, as evidenced by his admission that he could never get a program of his passed in Congress. He cannot run as an Independent, because if he did, the GOP would run his son out of the Senate. Those are the fadcts people. A lot of you do not want to believe that, but it is time for you dreamers to wake up and smell the coffee. Paul is done. Finished. The End.
    That doesn't mean the people with principles still won't vote for him in the primary and vote for the Libertarian candidate in Nov. 2012. When the Republicans finally figure out that they will NEVER win another presidential election then maybe they will someday embrace the Constitution, a balanced budget, a military for defense not imperialistic offense, and abandon their desires to legislate Christianity onto everybody else. Until then they will NEVER win another national i.e presidential election.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by maersksealand View Post
    freeze the budget means the Gov. should not spend money on new programs. To balance the budget all it takes is to cut Gov. spending 1% a year for 6 years...yes, that's one penny out of each $ the Gov. spend...Senator Rand Paul supported this idea but the majority of Republicans and Democrats reject it.
    OK lets shut down everything for 1 year..we all go live in tents in Yellowstone Park and save all our money eat fish and mushrooms and then we will fix the 15 trillion dollar debt.

falconticket

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    That doesn't mean the people with principles still won't vote for him in the primary and vote for the Libertarian candidate in Nov. 2012. When the Republicans finally figure out that they will NEVER win another presidential election then maybe they will someday embrace the Constitution, a balanced budget, a military for defense not imperialistic offense, and abandon their desires to legislate Christianity onto everybody else. Until then they will NEVER win another national i.e presidential election.
    I like this idea. As I read it instead of having the republican base all move to voting libertarian. Force the republican party to move more libertarian. Makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately we will have more democrats win seats in the interim. So it would be a long process. Like it though.

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    OK lets shut down everything for 1 year..we all go live in tents in Yellowstone Park and save all our money eat fish and mushrooms and then we will fix the 15 trillion dollar debt.
    It's not like we'll have a choice. It may happen anyway. Well, maybe you can pitch your tent somewhere there aren't grizzlies and wolves.
    Whit a minute! What's the difference between the two parties we have now? Aren't they just like grizzlies and wolves?
    There is no escape unless these two animals aren't killed off and made extinct.

No, not the four-legged ones.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    The Republicans will have a good chance in 2012. Only a fool would make such an idotic statement. Only a fool would think that Paul will run on the Libertarian Ticket. This is one of the dumbest posts that I have ever seen. You really should leave before you make a bigger fool out of yourself than you already have. You obviously know NOTHING about Politics. Just another peon who thinks that people with power will listen to him. Here is a clue. We will NOT.

falconticket

But you have to admit in theory that's what needs to happen. Right? The gop has disappointed me annually.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by maersksealand View Post
    Unfortunately, many people look at Rand Paul as just another blow hard Paul. I do not. I think that Paul has some solid ideas, but Paul will never be elected President. You can put the Mortgage on that. The good news is that the GOP has a candidate that IS electable, and will definately run in 2016 if Obama wins a second term. This candidate agrees with many of the principals that Paul does, but is smart enough to keep his mouth shut and stay out of the limelight at this time. His name is Marco Rubio, and there is no way in hell that Rand Paul, or any other Republican Candidate can defeat him in 2016. The only thing that keeps him out of the White House in 2016 is if a Republican wins in 2012. There is a movement picking up steam to have him on the Ticket in 2012 if Romney wins the Nomination. That would "balance" the ticket. I doubt that Rubio would accept the VP job, but the Romney people are already starting to explore that idea.

ABEHONEST

I don't even believe Romney is believable or likable? So, if you want him for the Pub candidate, you have big problems.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

The Republicans will have a good chance in 2012. Only a fool would make such an idotic statement. Only a fool would think that Paul will run on the Libertarian Ticket. This is one of the dumbest posts that I have ever seen. You really should leave before you make a bigger fool out of yourself than you already have. You obviously know NOTHING about Politics. Just another peon who thinks that people with power will listen to him. Here is a clue. We will NOT.
    I never said nor insinuated that Ron Paul would run on the Libertarian ticket. I'd even vote for Wayne Allyn Root on the Libertarian ticket before I would vote for any Republican not named Ron Paul. Republicans will either listen to peons like me (who believe in the very basic and simple points of balanced budgets, personal freedoms, a federal government as defined by the Constitution, and a non-interventionist foreign policy) or they will never get our vote. If that means Democrats win more elections then so be it. It is a matter of principle.

The Republicans have a good chance just like they had in 2008 and like the Dems had in 2004 and 2000. National elections in a 2 party system will always be relatively close, but I do not believe Republicans will ever win another national election with their current lack of differentiation from Democrats except on legislating with their religion. As the demographics of America change with more retirees wanting the ponzi schemes of SS and Medicare protected or even increased, with more immigrants, with a growing population of atheists/agnostics, with nearly half of the population not paying income tax and nearly half receiving government handouts, Republicans embracing the current GOP platform are screwed.
    Last edited by jarvol; 08-03-11 at 08:42 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JohnGalt2341, and Bluehorseshoe

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3643

Ron Paul has ZERO chance to be elected President. People who think he has a chance are the same people who buy beach front property in Kansas. He does not have near the popularity that Romney, Backmann and non-candidaates (so far) Palin and Perry have.
    If you had to Vote on what would be your dinner for the next 4 years and your choices were between the 8 pieces of crap shown below:

These 8 pieces of crap have names by the way. They are... starting from the top going clockwise: Jon Huntsman, Michele Bachmann, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, Thaddeus McCotter, Tim Pawlenty, and Obama is the one in the middle. Similar pieces of crap have been served to the general public for many years. The general public eats them willingly because it's all they know and they don't know any better. Many of these pieces of crap are even very popular. OR... you could eat this for dinner for the next 4 years:

This dish is called Ron Paul. Most people are probably not familiar with it because they've been eating crap for so long. Many are probably even terrified by it because it looks so different than what they are used to eating. For me... I don't care if I'm the only person on the planet Voting for this dish. Even if I think it's going to lose I'm still going to Vote for it because I KNOW it's better than eating a piece of crap. None of the pieces of crap are exactly the same... but they're still crap. If the Founding Father's were still alive today I'd bet everything I own that they would take the Ron Paul dish over any of the 8 pieces of crap. What do you think?
    Last edited by JohnGalt2341; 08-04-11 at 12:50 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jarvol, maersksealand, l7ustin, and RonChapman68

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Quote Originally Posted by falconticket View Post
    No problem man, I was just spouting random thoughts with a bud in one hand and a DROID in the other. Didn't make much sense after I read it again. Apologies.
    I thought it was a misunderstanding.

Large father, I believe is right. Ronnie doesn't have a chance. His son might
    later on. Bullshit wins elections, not common sense.

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3643

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post
    I respect Ron Paul and whatnot, but the man's supporters are just plain uneducated idiots
    If an IQ test was required in order to Vote and you were only allowed to Vote if you scored in the top 10%... Ron Paul would win by a landslide.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jarvol

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    If an IQ test was required in order to Vote and you were only allowed to Vote if you scored in the top 10%... Ron Paul would win by a landslide.
    And I thought I was the only one to see it that way!

First 12