oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

roy williams,,,,,,

the bears signjng roy williams seems like a surprise move but since the bears dont seem to use there recievers like most teams do and that williams doesnt seem to show up every game like most recievers do could turn out to be a good fit.plus now that they signed marion barber .the backs seem like they are as goos as they have had in a while with barber and forte,so maybe this is the year ,the bears players will grow on martz high power offense and put points on the board in droves,but being the bears i doubt it,this is the year the offense needs to show what they are about,anything less then a superbowl game will be a total disappointment

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19551

I think Mike Martz is a big fan

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

It's an interesting move, I still think getting rid of Olsen was beyond ignorant, as a Packer fan, I'm stoked Olsen is gone, he always gave us fits!!

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

that was one move that just totally shocked me,he was mr clutch for them ,any time they needed a big catch,he was the man curious to see who will be the man know,,but im guessing forte might become the guy they go to

harlee71
    harlee71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

Olsen going was a shocker. I guess they didn't want to put the money into a tight end next year. But not signing Kreutz over a $500k gap is pure shit. The guy was the best lineman they had year in and year out.

Barber and Williams are decent pickups if the price was cheap enough.

JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

Olsen didn't want to be in Chicago and asked to be traded last year. The offensive line is a mess.

MarlinsFan2212
    MarlinsFan2212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Packers, Saints, Eagles, Cowboys, Giants, Falcons all better than Chicago.

Williams never showed up in Dallas. One of the worst trades ever as Jerry Jones put it.

Marion Barber use to be the toughest back in the NFL to take down. Once they dropped Julius Jones, and Barber became the feature he was never the same RB. Even when they tried putting him back in the "Closer" role, he still lost explosiveness.

I remember when Barber was automatic on 3rd and short/4th and long. Or on the goaline, he was an absolute MONSTER. Really sad to see whats happened to him. Still a serviceable back, but hes not close to being the dominant, punishing RB he was 2-3 years ago.

With that said, heres my favorite MBIII play of all time.

thisisit
    thisisit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

ZIt would be nice to see him succeed there.

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38349

what in the world is tht

Tilt360
    Tilt360's Avatar Become A Pro!

Roy is a total let down for the cowboy fan, used to be Roy fan when he was with Lions

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

whenever they decide to fire the head coach, I will start to say the Bears have improved. I'm black, and do not like him. That conservative "run game" BS is tired, and played out.

bballs84
    bballs84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40233

Hard to throw the ball all over the field in that weather...

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

another weak season, glad the boys ditched him.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

ok here's the deal

1. They got rid of olsen not because they didn't like him but because martz system is not for tight ends

2. He wants blocking tight ends so cutler won't get sacked and knocked down so much

3. The tight ends they have now are blocking tight ends and this will help the running game, cutler and roy williams

The bears don't utilize their wr's simply because they haven't had any that are good.
    Points Awarded:

slacker00 gave ttwarrior1 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

bears are making some solid moves, except for the olsen trade

speaker
    speaker's Avatar Become A Pro!

williams has the worst hands in the league

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Bears also signed Sam Hurd from Dallas, an exceptional special teams player and probably a better receiver than Williams

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Coming from a Cowboys fan i think both players are garbage right now. Roy Williams is a joke worse trade the Cowboys ever made was with the Lions. Barber was good at one time but just isn't a good back anymore. Slow and can't even run people over now. Good luck Bears with these jokes Cutler to Williams td bears lol it might happen once this season.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Agree with Koz the Sam Hurd signing by the Bears is better then Williams and Barber.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bballs84 View Post
    Hard to throw the ball all over the field in that weather...
    Green Bay and New England don't have any issues and their weather is just as crappy.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    Green Bay and New England don't have any issues and their weather is just as crappy.
    Maybe he was talking about the wind rather than temperature.

As for Williams, he's still better than what the Bears would've had without him. Good move for Williams & Chicago.

TheCommish
    TheCommish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

williams and barber? two average-at-best players. Doesn't improve the Bears at all.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

I get that Martz's system doesn't use the TE much in the passing game, but it seems that when you have a weapon like Olsen that you find ways to utilize that. Roy "Hands of Stone" Williams isn't going to be much help to that offense, he doesn't have the speed to get past people, he's not a physical receiver and doesn't use his body well or position himself to make the catch. Barber may have some worth as a backup, if he can keep healthy and keep his ego in check. As a Cowboy fan it was increasingly frustrating his inability to break tackles anymore, I honestly couldn't tell you how many shoestring tackles or flat stumbles without a hand being laid on him I witnessed over the last two seasons. I just see this as the Bears picked up a couple "name" players but not much worth. Sam Hurd is a pretty good pick up, strong special teams player, good hands and could end up being a solid slot receiver for the Bears.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Never was a fan of Roy, even when he was here with the lions. He would always do his stupid 1st down theatrics even though we were still down 4 touchdowns. Glad we got rid of him.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16702

He sucks.

bballs84
    bballs84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40233

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post

Come on I you have been there right? You know we are talking about that wind.. Guess I didn't clarify that in my comment... Nobody has wind like that

Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

he BLOWS

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by TheCommish View Post
    williams and barber? two average-at-best players. Doesn't improve the Bears at all.
    Both players had one breakout year where they were all-pro calibre. If both players have "average" output, Chicago can use it, especially at WR where they have had zero depth for years. But if one of these guys can recapture the old magic even for one more spectacular season, this is going to look like a genius move. Sometimes that's what it comes down to, rolling the dice. Besides, these guys aren't getting mega contracts and Chicago isn't going to make or break their season based on how these retreads perform. It's all house money at this point for everyone involved. That's sometimes the best opportunity, when there isn't that much as far as expectations.