pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

US Men's Soccer team fires coach

The coach is not the problem. It's the players that are shitty.

AllTimeHigh
    AllTimeHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!

They played above my expectations at WC last year

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

The debacle vs. Mexico sealed his fate...

And it's no different in soccer than it is in other sports...easier to fire one coach than 20+ players...

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post

Personally, I think the Bob Bradley experiment had run it's course...time for a change...maybe a Jurgen Klinnsman through the next Cup? Hell...how about in Guus we trust!

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

For me Bob Bradley should of been fired after last years world Cup. His choice to play Ricardo Clark cost the US goals against England and Ghana. Bob always seemed to be slow to change things during games and never found a balance in Midfield.

The US team will be a lot better when Stuart Holden returns from injury. Bob was an NCAA guy and I think we should go with someone foreign. I haven't seen any candidates mentioned, but Kilnsman and Hiddink came to mind when I heard Bob was out. Knowing Sunil Gulati he will probably pick someone like Jason Kreis or another Bob Bradley/ Bruce Arena type.

PickApprentice
    PickApprentice's Avatar Become A Pro!

All I can say is good luck to the next manager!

I don't understand this decision, if you want to fire a coach why offer him a long term contract after the WC.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

if its kreis or another mlser ill be sick. what a lateral move. they havent had a foreigner since bora back in the day (94).

Lincoln73
    Lincoln73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Bradley was technically overmatched in the big matches and his teams consistantly gave up early goals and didn't seem prepared to play. This is a huge step in moving forward when they grab a nice euro technican who can take us to the next level.

MichaelWaters
    MichaelWaters's Avatar Become A Pro!

yes thats why the donovan era guys almost made the wc semis outplaying but losing to germany 0-1 while beating portugal and mexico and got out of group play last year

RubberKettle

Lots of talk about Klinsmann. Negotiations should progress quickly as USA will play Mexico in 12 days.

slickrick602
    slickrick602's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Yes good move on letting him go was not coming up with wins the US needed to come up with

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47428

Klinsmann hired! great signing!!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

We will always be an average team as far as soccer
    we lack talent
    we lack drive
    Europeans and other nations breath the sport
    our players playing xbox on their off time and foreign guys hanging with mafia or training

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida
    StraitShooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

bob bradley is horrible..should have got past ghana in rd of 16..guy is a jinx too

goblue12
    goblue12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 453

4 years too late IMO.

With our best 5 or so best players over 30 in 2014 it will be a challenging time for the MNT.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

So does that mean coaches son won't start anymore

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Arent you supposedly knowledgable about soccer??
    Bradley was an incompetent coach. A decent WC result (no thanks to his coaching) is the only thing that saved him 4 years ago.
    He brings nothing to the table in regards to strategy or training.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Quote Originally Posted by FishFace5 View Post
    Arent you supposedly knowledgable about soccer??
    Bradley was an incompetent coach. A decent WC result (no thanks to his coaching) is the only thing that saved him 4 years ago.
    He brings nothing to the table in regards to strategy or training.
    Even with Alex Ferguson as a coach the current talent pool can barely advance to the round of 16 in the WC. There are a few experienced players like Howard, Donovan and Dempsey all approaching 30 or more years old. They will be 33-35 years old in 2014. You take these 3 out and the current youngsters are useless. There are no future talents to carry the team. Only reason team qualifies every WC is because they compete against Aruba, Grenada and Guadeloupe every year. You put them in South America or Europe qualifiers and they would tank.
    Last edited by pavyracer; 07-29-11 at 02:16 PM.

isles71
    isles71's Avatar Become A Pro!

just because klinsmann is the coach does not really mean the us is going anywhere for the next six to eight years. The talent pool is weak. we are now 30th in fifa rankings.

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

^^
    Pavy this post contains not one reference in support to your claim the coach didnt deserve to be fired and our players are shitty.
    To say we barely make the round of 16 isnt accurate either. Our team expects to be in the 2nd round every WC and we have the potential to go farther.
    I'm excited for Klinsman and although players like Donovan and Howard will be moving on soon they will be replaced.
    Bradley needed to go, he brought nothing to the table, please make an argument to the contrary and dont just spew some generic stereotypical response.

RubberKettle

USA won their group back in 2010, but still lost to Ghana and Bradley should've been out then. I'd say winning your group at a WC is quite an accomplishment.

His tactical error to play Ricardo Clark doomed us in that game. Bradley was a good guy and honestly he brought US Soccer to a height which all other managers will struggle to reach (FIFA Tournament Final).

And about the player pool being weak, none of you can provide any evidence to back that up. There are young America's playing well domestically an international....look it up.

Klinsmann's got a lot of work to do, but hopefully he can bring something different to this team.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

New coach will make a difference, not a big one though, it's still up to the players to bring results.

Nikfrio
    Nikfrio's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Klinsmann hired! great signing!!

Klinsmann is awful. The little coaching experience he had(at Bayern) he failed miserably. Don't know why this guy is so hyped.. as the old saying goes, just because you were a good player doesn't mean you can become a good coach ffs

Dirty Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Nikfrio View Post
    Klinsmann is awful. The little coaching experience he had(at Bayern) he failed miserably. Don't know why this guy is so hyped.. as the old saying goes, just because you were a good player doesn't mean you can become a good coach ffs
    Took Germany to 3rd place in the World Cup as a Coach...and won one as a player.....yeah o.k. He brings International and European experience, something the US team definitely needs. The Bob Bradley experiment was over, and the team needed a kick in the ass. You obviously have an ax to grind with him, or you don't know football very well.

For the US...it's a great signing, and even if it fails they at least tried the European route.

drgonzo111
    drgonzo111's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 464

I liked bradley, but this is still a good move for the US team. He took this team as far as he could, and it unfortunately wasn't far enough.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

good hire 5years 2 late.

Nikfrio
    Nikfrio's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Took Germany to 3rd place in the World Cup as a Coach...and won one as a player.....yeah o.k. He brings International and European experience, something the US team definitely needs. The Bob Bradley experiment was over, and the team needed a kick in the ass. You obviously have an ax to grind with him, or you don't know football very well.

For the US...it's a great signing, and even if it fails they at least tried the European route.
    You're kidding right?? Go look who he had as an assistant coach back then. There is a reason German federation hired that assistant to be head coach right afterwards, because he did all of Klinsmann's work. Klins had no impact for Germany and everybody knows it. He was just there more as a figure than an actual coach.

At Bayern he got the chance to prove himself and failed. These two are his only experiences and nothing on them can give any sort of hint that he could help U.S "soccer" out. European route?? I would be all for getting a real European coach.

Dirty Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Nikfrio View Post
    You're kidding right?? Go look who he had as an assistant coach back then. There is a reason German federation hired that assistant to be head coach right afterwards, because he did all of Klinsmann's work. Klins had no impact for Germany and everybody knows it. He was just there more as a figure than an actual coach.

At Bayern he got the chance to prove himself and failed. These two are his only experiences and nothing on them can give any sort of hint that he could help U.S "soccer" out. European route?? I would be all for getting a real European coach.
    Like I said you've got some kind of ax to grind with him...go for it...not going to change the fact that for the US (barely a Top 20 team anymore) it's a great hire going into the next World Cup. You're not going to coax a big name like Guus Hiddink, so it's at least a step forward....not for you...but for the US team nonetheless.

ronjon619
    California Uber Alles
    ronjon619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

A good move by the USA federation. Klinsman has been there and done that and can relate to this generation of athletes.

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida

I am happy with the new signing..Guy brings good luck

Bradley is an schleprock, jonah and albatross all rolled into one..I just knew that manly looking usa women's soccer coach would jinx us in the final with her fake face and lesbianism.she really was just the coach to check out the hot girls in the loccer room like heather mitts hmthupthupthupthuphmmism

bob bradley had to go..he was bald and ugly and never gonna win shit cause hes a fukin jinx okay..even when we lead brazil 2 nill @ the half two years ago in chp game I knew his jinxed ass would lose

thats why shots hit the crossbar instead of going in

better to be lucky then good

StraitShooter
    Miami Florida

anybody who reads this post just got a chance for easy points..take da baby gorilla tonight on the west coast to toast der frauline..ya dig nig?