maersksealand
    maersksealand's Avatar Become A Pro!

Global Warming Alarmists proved wrong. Again. By NASA.

NASA satellite data from the years 2000 through 2011 show the Earth's atmosphere is allowing far more heat to be released into space than alarmist computer models have predicted, reports a new study in the peer-reviewed science journal Remote Sensing. The study indicates far less future global warming will occur than United Nations computer models have predicted, and supports prior studies indicating increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide trap far less heat than alarmists have claimed.
    Study co-author Dr. Roy Spencer, a principal research scientist at the University of Alabama in Huntsville and U.S. Science Team Leader for the Advanced Microwave Scanning Radiometer flying on NASA's Aqua satellite, reports that real-world data from NASA's Terra satellite contradict multiple assumptions fed into alarmist computer models.

Full Article http://news.yahoo.com/nasa-data-blow...192334971.html
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: cant call it

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Then how come is 110 degrees in Duluth, Minnessota?

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

lol global warming.. some silly people out there

maersksealand

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Then how come is 110 degrees in Duluth, Minnessota?
    get out the house and look up...you will see a yellow star called Sun...or simply Google "Sun" and learn about what it does

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

I am not suggesting which side is right or wrong. I am curious two things though. First, why are the polar ice caps melting? Second, I find it very hard to believe that all the pollution that is released into the atmosphere has NO effect. I believe for every action there is a reaction.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

the ice caps are melting

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Global warming is not some wild fantasy. But, like a lot of other issues, we'd rather procrastinate and let our kids' generation deal with it.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghPlayer View Post
    I am not suggesting which side is right or wrong. I am curious two things though. First, why are the polar ice caps melting? Second, I find it very hard to believe that all the pollution that is released into the atmosphere has NO effect. I believe for every action there is a reaction.
    Google "Sun"!

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

You are right global warming is not some wild fantasy, it is natural process that has been occurring over billions of years as the planet cools down and heats up.

And anyone who thinks they are going to change it is a fool i.e. al gore
    Last edited by brooks85; 07-28-11 at 10:45 AM.

maersksealand

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghPlayer View Post

who told you the polar ice caps are melting ? Al Gore ? United Nations funded scientists from ICCP ?

Learn about how the alarmists work... " Massive Coverup By UN's IPCC Scumbags - UK's CRU Destroys Irreplaceable, Original Temperature Databases"

http://www.c3headlines.com/2009/11/c...databases.html

you really need to educate yourself on the subject...Google "climategate"...read how the alarmists where admiting in private emails that the planet is cooling

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

The Earth has heated and cooled since it's existence. Al Gore found a way to make money off of it and the sheep follow along.

Check out this article from the Washington Post, dated November 2, 1922.

The Glaciers Will Melt
    Report from 'The Washington Post:

The Arctic Ocean is warming up, icebergs are growing scarcer and in some places the seals are finding the water too hot, according to a report to the Commerce Department yesterday from Consulafft, at Bergen , Norway .

Reports from fishermen, seal hunters, and explorers all point to a radical change in climate conditions and hitherto unheard-of temperatures in the Arctic zone. Exploration expeditions report that scarcely any ice has been met as far north as 81 degrees 29 minutes.

Soundings to a depth of 3,100 meters showed the gulf stream still very warm. Great masses of ice have been replaced by moraines of earth and stones, the report continued, while at many points well known glaciers have entirely disappeared.

Very few seals and no white fish are found in the eastern Arctic, while vast shoals of herring and smelts which have never before ventured so far north, are being encountered in the old seal fishing grounds. Within a few years it is predicted that due to the ice melt the sea will rise and make most coastal cities uninhabitable.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

OP is becoming one of my favorite posters. And his avy has some freaking hugemungous knockers.

Some of these silly responses in here- you should study the earth's climate change from the last couple of thousand years, not the last couple of hundred. Has constantly naturally fluctuated as proven by scientist since before we were burning oil rampantly.