MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

first of all, you worded this completely wrong.

But back on topic. MLS couldn't hold a candle to European basketball as far as talent goes. You see players from Europe drafted into the NBA on a yearly basis. MLS players don't draw any attention from Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post
    European Soccer is to the NBA what MLS is to European Basketball.

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4449

We don't play soccer in the US ..we play Football

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Who the **** would play a game where you cant use your hands, how fuckin retarded is that?

Sports is about hand/eye coordination, not foot/eye, I mean seriously when would foot/eye coordination ever be useful? As a backup if you forget how to use your hands? For a double arm amputee, I mean I dont get it?

All other sports are at their core based on hand/eye coordination, why cant the rest of the world just admit that the only reason soccer is popular is bc they make around a dollar a day and a 10 dollar soccer ball already costs a weeks wages
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 07-28-11 at 01:14 AM.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

I saw Seattle Sounders vs Barcelona. Game was 2-1 Barca at half. I am thinking omg we might have a game here. Barca subs their whole team with no-name practice squad and proceed to OWN the ball the whole half ending the game 2-1.

odtw524
    odtw524's Avatar Become A Pro!

Man U... Is a team of freaks they are not even human. THere is no way they lose the EPL this year. THe MLS AllStar team is a disgrace

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    man u enjoys beating up on shitty teams but cant get the ball out of their own end vs barca
    And how many Premier League titles Arsenal won?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

the all star team is exactly what it said. an all star team not even a real team. everyone knows that mls football is low quality stuff anyways. i disagree with mendoza though, you see guys like stu holden going over to play in better euro leagues from the mls all the time. if you are a young player, nothing wrong with starting out there. its for mediocre at best players in thier prime and has beens that are way past it.

Mr. Jones
    Mr. Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!

Man U, however, looked far more dominant in these exhibitions than for example Man City. Meanwhile Bolton Wanderers were beaten 1-0 by Tampa Bay Rowdies, a mediocre club in the NASL. Point is I expect some 3-0 and 4-0 results from Man U in the early stages of the EPL. They are a far superior side to most of the EPL.

Daveyboy
    Daveyboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol. I haven't seen these games, but I would expect the MLS teams to be trying harder than United Guess that just sums up the standard of the MLS...

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

It's kickball, who really cares.

Mr. Jones
    Mr. Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TexansFan View Post
    It's kickball, who really cares.

Would have absolutely agreed with you until about 6 or 7 years ago. After we started to get top tier European games on TV here in the states, I realized that not only is the game entertaining [at the highest level] but it offers a decent profit potential. Try as I may however, just can't get into the second rate US game. Kind of like big league bases as opposed to Double A baseball at best.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Are people really that surprised to see one EPL team toy with the MLS "All Stars". The talent discrepancy between the leagues are so far apart. The best MLS player probably wouldn't even make the roster of most EPL club. May not even start on a half decent 2nd division.

Good format, though. Much better than MLS sides facing each other. Who would show up, or even watch it on TV?

Wouldn't mind getting a match against Barca or Real Madrid next year.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

we are not soccer players

usa small time

we have no business playing any foreign country

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

the funny thing about it is that half of the mls all stars are not from the usa. 14/30 i believe if you look at the game roster and guys who were selected and could not play.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    we are not soccer players

usa small time

we have no business playing any foreign country
    US guys hate MLS, NHL, WNBA, all three should be removed from the country (only girls play soccer here so they dont break a nail playing real sports, no one plays hockey and only girls that look like guys play pro basketball)...well except for WNBA bc I hear theres some good betting opportunities and I like the idea of sitting front row at a game for 5 bucks and pretending Im Jack Nicholson, if you stand up and scream at a WNBA game I have no doubt you will get on Sportscenter
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 07-28-11 at 05:15 PM.

First 12