doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Carson Palmer Retires From the NFL

Bengals would not grant him a trade so he has chose to retire. And the Bengals wonder why they don't win. Palmer is a decent qb that they could have got some good picks for to help build their team with.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/C...-Palmer-072611

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

The Bungels are playing hard ball with Carson...calling his bluff. I don't think it's over yet

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

I think he will be traded before the season begins. No way Palmer walks away from the nfl.

caseyking2
    Clemson Tigers!!
    caseyking2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2490

Thats tough I figured thats what he would do since he sold his house in Cincinnati. I'm sure Cinci could have still worked out a good trade for him. I'm sure this isn't the last we've seen of Carson

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Palmer was good for a few early years then turned into a major flop
    A scared loser on the field

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

Big name but average play

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Palmer was good for a few early years then turned into a major flop A scared loser on the field
    I'd be scared in the pocket too after the abuse he has taken from Steelers' backers over the years, thought the guy was gonna get killed some plays with the way his blindside blocked and his lack of mobility. He had all of the potential in the world but got drafted to a shit team that is stuck to the mindset that you keep buying high priced receivers and not improving other, important areas.. such as O-line. As much as I don't care for the Bengals, I would actually like to see Palmer get a second chance with a fresh start.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1640

He never recovered from the injury he received early in a playoff game. We'll never really know his true talent because of that.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

He made a committment by signing a contract with Cincy. He should keep it. Good for them.

Brian891
    Brian891's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3624

Great qbs usually get drafted by shit teams. If he was the player he was touted to be, he wouldve risen above it and made the bengals better, like so many other great past nfl qbs. He took them to playoffs once. Crying to get out of your contract and team because u dont like your situation is weak. I hope he stays retired. Look at warner in arizona. weak offensive line and great receivers. simlilar to palmers tenure in cincy. he didnt cry. just took em to a super bowl. palmer is an overpaid, overhyped whiner. of course my favorite all time nfl player is john elway, and he whined his way into a 5 super bowl career, so what do i know?

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Bengals should let him rot!

Teach others a lesson.

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by Brian891 View Post
    Great qbs usually get drafted by shit teams. If he was the player he was touted to be, he wouldve risen above it and made the bengals better, like so many other great past nfl qbs. He took them to playoffs once. Crying to get out of your contract and team because u dont like your situation is weak. I hope he stays retired. Look at warner in arizona. weak offensive line and great receivers. simlilar to palmers tenure in cincy. he didnt cry. just took em to a super bowl. palmer is an overpaid, overhyped whiner. of course my favorite all time nfl player is john elway, and he whined his way into a 5 super bowl career, so what do i know?
    Yeah but Kurt Warner is officially, mentally retarded now... how many concussions did he have, 10 or so?

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Bengals should let him rot!

Teach others a lesson.
    Cut your nose off to spite your face is not the way to win in the NFL

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

he will be back must be nice to retire at 30

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Quote Originally Posted by thezbar View Post
    He never recovered from the injury he received early in a playoff game. We'll never really know his true talent because of that.
    Yeah. His arm was never quite the same after that, very noticeable in his accuracy and arm strength.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

He'll retire now - then come back at a later date with someone else. I'm guessing backup status though. Not sure what system he'd fit in right now as a #1.

goucla
    goucla's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 606

i would trade romo as a skeptikal boys fan

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by Roadtrip635 View Post
    Yeah. His arm was never quite the same after that, very noticeable in his accuracy and arm strength.
    wasn't it his ACL

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Palmer was good for a few early years then turned into a major flop A scared loser on the field
    Dude just wasn't able to play on his back.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    wasn't it his ACL
    The one I'm talking about was the elbow injury. He decided not to get surgery and sat out the rest of the year, 2008 season iirc. He came back the following season saying he was 100%, but he just never looked the same after that.

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by Roadtrip635 View Post
    The one I'm talking about was the elbow injury. He decided not to get surgery and sat out the rest of the year, 2008 season iirc. He came back the following season saying he was 100%, but he just never looked the same after that.
    Oh ok, zbar mentioned the playoffs and injury and you commented on it and I was almost certain it was his ACL... I didn't even know he had another injury, the one you are talking about... guy has had his fair share of bad luck... seems like a descent guy and to have to put up with that core of wide outs, would actually like to see him do well again

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    He made a committment by signing a contract with Cincy. He should keep it. Good for them.
    W2S,
    Does that commitment go both ways? Bengals signed Lavernus Coles to a four years and then turned around and cut him after one or two years. Where was Mike Brown's commitment to Coles???

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You cannot win with bums
    Cincy made a great move

Football is a young game

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

Quote Originally Posted by doublej95 View Post
    Cut your nose off to spite your face is not the way to win in the NFL
    It's not like they are going to win with him or without him.

The point of the NFL is to make money, winning is secondary.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

totally agree,if u sign a contract,u should honor your contract,funny how guys always thinki they can do what they want but glad to see the owners show him that they are the bosses not the players.maybe after trying to survive on a regular job he would appreciate what he had

slatter
    slatter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kinda sad, but hopefully the Bengals keep him around as a QB coach or something.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

You've also got to try to make your franchise attractive to free agents. You think a player looking for a team sees how the Bengals mismanaged this and then says to himself, "Oh, yeah, there's a team I want to play for." Yeah, right.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

the NFL just got 1/32 x better

this guy is living off the glory of one good season. hes a scam. hes awful. threw more terrible picks than degenerates on this forum

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

if brown is playing hard ball while owning a shitty team he can't expect them to get better in the future. no future draft picks will want to sign with this team. 5 more years and the bungholes won't be a team anymore

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

even if he does come back elsewhere... he will fade away quickly. reminds me of the second coming of tim couch.

Tilt360
    Tilt360's Avatar Become A Pro!

Palmer will not retired too much money left on the contract.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    It's not like they are going to win with him or without him.

The point of the NFL is to make money, winning is secondary.
    If the Bengals think they can win with out him then trade him for some picks. There is a few teams that would give a mid round for him.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

You cannot win with bums
    Cincy made a great move

Football is a young game
    JJ,
    I understand a lot of the sh*t you say is just to stimulate forum traffic. I get that. But this is stupid even by your standards.

Let's say for a second that Carson Palmer is a bum. He isn't but for the sake of argument let's say he is.

To say that Cincy "made a great move" is just moronic. You are Cincy. You think Palmer's a bum. Please tell me how its a great move to let him retire rather than trade him and get something back to help your football team? This is what's known as cutting off your nose to spite your face.

It's not a great move by Mike Brown and the Bengals, its just the latest dumbass move in a string of seemingly endless dumbass moves...

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    JJ,
    I understand a lot of the sh*t you say is just to stimulate forum traffic. I get that. But this is stupid even by your standards.

Let's say for a second that Carson Palmer is a bum. He isn't but for the sake of argument let's say he is.

To say that Cincy "made a great move" is just moronic. You are Cincy. You think Palmer's a bum. Please tell me how its a great move to let him retire rather than trade him and get something back to help your football team? This is what's known as cutting off your nose to spite your face.

It's not a great move by Mike Brown and the Bengals, its just the latest dumbass move in a string of seemingly endless dumbass moves...
    This is the guy who tried to recruit one poster from another forum and caused 50 posters of his forum to sign up at the other forum. You are giving him too much credit.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

This is why Cinci hasnt been worth shit in forever. And why betting against them onthe blind made guys a gold mine for years. While Palmer is slightly over rated he did make them almost respectable there for a couple years. But now it is going to be the same old bengals all over again. If guys want a good 55% win rate just bet against Cinci every week. Tats what they have been doing the past decade, and that includes a couple seasons where they won more ATS than they lost. Actually back to 2000 they are 74-98-5 against widely available numbers. Shopping around and betting against them I am sure you could have seen a 107 or 108 and 70 record, which is about 61%.

So seriously if people bet football anymore just bet against Cinci on the blind every week. You'll probably see 10-6 this year.

12 Last