Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    Maybe we can have an old school gates/bronxer e-fight
    nah. im done with that trigger

but there is no way that story is true. 100% that was a fukkin lie

EasyHustlin
    EasyHustlin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

I'm telling you guys reffing is the HARDEST work you can do, don't ever think about officiating unless you love getting berated by strangers.

nijole
    nijole's Avatar Become A Pro!

the worst job for me was when i were a stundent,then i worked in a cleaning company.

kisado
    kisado's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 38

Worst job I had was working for a medical testing company about a half decade ago. I'd do mainly data entry on the computer but the info I entered was from bottles of human specimen. Specimen such as piss, shlt, and blood. They were in jars and then wrapped in a Ziplock with the company logo on it, but you'd get the escape artists once in a while trying to break free. Breaks were a measly 5 minutes and not a minute more. By the time you'd get out of your scrubs and get the latex gloves off, and clock out, you barely had enough time to smoke half your cigg. Plus, I worked from 6p-2a. Lasted about 2 months and that was only a result of sheer determination and necessity. Boss was also a douche. Some Middle Eastern fool who was about my age (mid 20's) and less educated. He'd always tell us to keep the talking to a minimum while he's yapping away and spitting his lame game to the neophyte ginger b*tch who wasn't even all that. I got fired after a couple no-shows.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I worked in a freezer plant throwing bags of frozen vegetables into boxes. Half the building was 28 degrees and the other half was 0 degreees. Sucked ass in the summer and the winter.
    I was going to put that as one of my 3 worst jobs. Except I had to put a hook in pork bellies and stack them on a pallet. When I was done with that I had to go in the zero box and chip off ice where someone had spilled some water. I only lasted 2 days.

Second worst job was at a steel factory. I had to cut patterns in corrugated steel for feeding troughs. There were 2 guys doing it before me and the boss told them to go somewhere else and replaced those 2 guys with just me and I had to cut just as many patterns as those 2 clowns. At night I couldn't open my hands they were so sore. I only lasted 2 days here too.

Probably my all-time worst job was working in a family's basement where trees got into the sewer line. A guy went in ahead of us with a jackhammer and busted up the concrete so the sewer line could be replaced. Me and another guy had to put the chunks of concrete in buckets and carry them upstairs and empty them into a trailer. There was dust everywhere. I remember telling myself that some of this dust was this family's shit and it was going into my mouth and nose. I had a real bad cold the year before and lost some of my sense of smell. I was lucky because I couldn't smell much.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24812

Quote Originally Posted by EasyHustlin View Post
    I'm telling you guys reffing is the HARDEST work you can do, don't ever think about officiating unless you love getting berated by strangers.
    I did some of this. Youth basketball officiating.

Paid around $6/game. For tournaments, string together 8 straight games. Legs are gone by the end, but good exercise.

Kids were cool. Parents were largely douchebags. Know-it-alls that didn't know shit. You just ignore them.

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

This was about four years ago, got laid off so took the first job I was offered. It was making buttons with what seemed like some '50's punch machine. I had to manually build the pieces of the button, then pull the lever, the machine was constanly jamming, so half the shift was spent clearing out the jam. The rest of the crew were mainly Russian women and spoke little english. The only bright spot was a hot Russian girl that had a standing station, about the third week I could work the machine by feel, so I spent most of the shift staring at her ass.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

lmao Mcdonald's in high school...disgusting place to work at

TheBeautifulGame
    Y.N.W.A.
    TheBeautifulGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1102

Door to door sales before college. Jesus, it was horrible.

Reno Paul
    Reno Paul's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2763

Chipping coke (the black coke like coal) inside a tower at an oil refinery shutdown as a laborer. Wore a moist scarf around my nose and mouth to try not to get the black dust in my lungs. Also used an pneumatic 90 gun with a chisel to chip the stuff off the sides of the walls.....It was tough, sweaty, dangerous and nasty work.

The money was ok at the time though.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

We need some chicks to check in
    I'm curious if Shari ever had to blow her boss or anything

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Reminded of that scene from Hustle and Flow where the snowbunny prostitute hears about dj quarles' job restocking vending machines and she says "damn I thought my job sucked."

Bigmikesm
    Bigmikesm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1690

Cleaning the butcher department at my local grocery store. Job sucked. Always stunk when I got off work.

compaqDikk
    compaqDikk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

i had to seliver pizzas at Caesars Pizza in '91. haven't worked since

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Quote Originally Posted by Hoja Verdes View Post
    Fire extinguisher factory on the assembly line. Wasn't too bad, but just that it was repetitive motions all day every day, and breathing in that powdery substance sucked. You could listen to the radio and smoke cigarettes while working, which I always thought was ironic. My parents wanted me to work a shitty minimum wage job after sending me to Europe for a semester in college, teach me the value of an education and what not. It worked. I slaved alongside single mothers and made the same amount as them: $227/week. I went out and blew my paycheck at bars and on weed, they supported their kids. Pretty sad when some of them got fired as well for being too slow on the assembly line. I kicked ass, was by far the fastest building motherfukker in that place. My line manager was pretty pissed when I told him I had to quit to go back to college...but he eventually laughed and was like "College? college??? what the hell are you doing working in here if you're just home from college?" Of course I couldnt tell him the truth, which was that my parents made me work there to scare the shit out of me in case I ever tried to slack off in school. This is pretty cool: the same family owned the company for over 50 years...when they finally sold out to a large multinational corporation about 5 years ago, they took something like $1 million from the proceeds, took every employee that had been with them for 10+ years, and paid everyone a pro rata bonus based on how long they'd worked there. I think I read that a few people who'd worked there for 30 years got checks for $20k. Not too bad for a person making $19k/year. But what always blew my mind were the people making $227/week that smoked a pack of cigarettes a day on their shift. Then I'm sure they smoked another pack or so when they got home, or maybe half a pack. Even back then when cigarettes were only $2.50/pack, that's still ~40-50% of your monthly income on cigarettes. I always wondered how they paid the bills.
    LOVED YOUR STORY...BUT OBVIOUSLY MATH/STATS WERE NOT YOUR STRONG POINT IN COLLEGE,,,2.5 PACKS AT 2.50 A PACK =6.25 DAY x30 DAYSA MONTH =187.50 A MONTH WITH MONTHLY WAGES AT 908...APPROX 20%

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by compaqDikk View Post
    i had to seliver pizzas at Caesars Pizza in '91. haven't worked since

What happened there? I'm assuming one doesn't retie with a nice nest egg from the pizza game....so must be a good story you're not telling

Tomahawk
    Tomahawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2957

When I was a student I took summer jobs so I was a receptionist in a 4 star hotel and I had to do nightshifts. It was so boring I had nothing to do and still get paid, worst job ever.

MoreVodkaPlease
    MoreVodkaPlease's Avatar Become A Pro!

I once tried to start my own company where i would clean bird shit off of signs, it did well for awhile

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by MoreVodkaPlease View Post
    I once tried to start my own company where i would clean bird shit off of signs, it did well for awhile
    How did you get clients for that one?

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by MoreVodkaPlease View Post

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've tarred roofs like Bill mentioned, tore down oil rigs with crane company for about 6 months, worked 2 jobs at time just to make ends meet, but I have to say the WORST for me was 2001, I was young infantry kid that got stationed in Afghanistan right after the trade center went down and when my unit got there we only had tents but no cots to sleep on, so we busted out the fartsacks and slept on the dirt. The very first night I was there a rat ran across my face and woke me up, sickest thing ever and I remember thinking to myself, "why the fuk did you sign up for this sh1t".

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    I've tarred roofs like Bill mentioned, tore down oil rigs with crane company for about 6 months, worked 2 jobs at time just to make ends meet, but I have to say the WORST for me was 2001, I was young infantry kid that got stationed in Afghanistan right after the trade center went down and when my unit got there we only had tents but no cots to sleep on, so we busted out the fartsacks and slept on the dirt. The very first night I was there a rat ran across my face and woke me up, sickest thing ever and I remember thinking to myself, "why the fuk did you sign up for this sh1t".
    Good times Good times

I'm guessing you were already at Drum when 9-11 happened?

Ra77er

Yea I was in C CO 1-87

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

bagell store, working in front of a hot blistering oven for 2-3 hours straight. not fun

chance
    chance's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 833

Teacher

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Yea I was in C CO 1-87
    I was suppose to go to the 10th out of IOBC but traded orders with a guy from Philly so he could be close to home....I got Schofield orders and went to Hawaii with the Wolfhounds (2 27) and then to Campbell with the 101st (3-187 Rakks) among other orders later coupled with (MiTT teams etc).

I was down range a few years after you....still a miserable place but at least the chus got better and some creature comforts on the FOBs

Ra77er

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post

I was suppose to go to the 10th out of IOBC but traded orders with a guy from Philly so he could be close to home....I got Schofield orders and went to Hawaii with the Wolfhounds (2 27) and then to Campbell with the 101st (3-187 Rakks) among other orders later coupled with (MiTT teams etc).

I was down range a few years after you....still a miserable place but at least the chus got better and some creature comforts on the FOBs

I don't want to hijack this guy's thread with old war stories but yea I went back a few years later and then to Iraq recently (Tikrit) and my how things changed from my first deployment. Much better living, I actually had internet and the px was amazing compared to back then. I served 12 years and finally decided to hang the boots up after getting married and trying to settle down. I always wanted Hawaii but never got a chance to go there, I was stationed in Fort Gordon, Fort Drum, Fort Lewis, and Fort Polk.

Sir

tukkk
    ★★★★★
    tukkk's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk View Post
    When I was a student I took summer jobs so I was a receptionist in a 4 star hotel and I had to do nightshifts. It was so boring I had nothing to do and still get paid, worst job ever.
    Wow you are really spoiled

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

I don't want to hijack this guy's thread with old war stories but yea I went back a few years later and then to Iraq recently (Tikrit) and my how things changed from my first deployment. Much better living, I actually had internet and the px was amazing compared to back then. I served 12 years and finally decided to hang the boots up after getting married and trying to settle down. I always wanted Hawaii but never got a chance to go there, I was stationed in Fort Gordon, Fort Drum, Fort Lewis, and Fort Polk.

Sir
    Yea we could go on and on, no doubt. Ahh Tikrit home of th blue mosque....I'm not a fan of that sector

The MWR stuff has gotten better by far...even updated from the 5 second showers in a few places and the gyms and DFACs are top notch in a few areas. We took the same route....marriage kicked in. Living the quiet life now and loving it! Hawaii is a great assignment - if you get time to enjoy it If I wasn't deployed we were training away from home on the big island or in Japan working with the Marines and Navy....but the wife enjoyed it at least. I was mad as hell when I was going to Campbell and not Carson but it actually ended up being the best years possible. I would have done another 3 years if I could have gotten another command there but it was TRADOC or nothing ,I had already dodged that earlier so I didn't have much wiggle room anymore.

I'll see ya around the boards

belvedere86
    belvedere86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 396

some stupid summer job where I had to place frozen bags with frites on eachother

cash$bro91
    Update your status
    cash$bro91's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9775

Hard to name just one, most have been pretty bad.

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    LOVED YOUR STORY...BUT OBVIOUSLY MATH/STATS WERE NOT YOUR STRONG POINT IN COLLEGE,,,2.5 PACKS AT 2.50 A PACK =6.25 DAY x30 DAYSA MONTH =187.50 A MONTH WITH MONTHLY WAGES AT 908...APPROX 20%
    Lol, actually aced math, that was the booze talking last night I guess.

thaman79
    thaman79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

Working at 7-11 when I was in collage. Worked the night shift. Drunk and crazy ppl come out at night.

First 1234 Last